Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How Many Would Be Women ?

i'd say yes. IF i were so much younger. little late now i think

Quote Originally Posted by Karen564 View Post
    [SIZE=2]Interesting![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]So for the ones that said yes,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]What exactly is holding you back?[/SIZE]
    I'm now in the process, getting the therapy that I need to provide the documentation to my doctor and then beginning hormones and probably having some cosmetic surgery (eye lids and chin) in about a year.
    warmly, Linnea

I have lived as a woman for 6+ years.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I would also in a heart beat

yes i would do it in a heart beat!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Seriously Kate, that is an obnoxious statement to trans people...but in a manner you are right...the surgery doesn't make you a woman...you have to be one first before it makes any sense...it then allows one to make their way in the world...

So true. If anything, the hormones do far more to you than the surgery will ever do. The journey is long and hard with the surgery and even the hormones just one little step each - there's still much more to do.

So long as all the barriers were removed... Or indeed had never existed, I would have done it years ago.

Not me in this life since I am quite happy being male but given a choice for next life, if such exists, then I would like to be a woman for a change.

No, it has only ever been about the clothes and shoes with me. If I could do the switch flicking thing, and switch it on and off to improve my look, I would, but not any permanent physical changes. I have certainly become a lot more aware about the problems of being a women, while out and about en-femme, and there have been some scary moments that I wouldn't like to be a permanent feature of my life.

Being a Male is Fine With Me, But

I've never wanted to switch from being a male to a female permanently. Having said that, I agree with many replies here that it would be great to be able to switch back and forth at will; no surgery, no permanent gender. Switching into female mode, I'd want to be able to compare bodily and emotional responses between genders. I've often wondered what it would be like to be sexually penetrated as a female--in fact to try it all, all the time saying to myself, "So that's what that feels like!" then ultimately returning to my "primary gender," male.

What I've always wanted to do is to have the build and facial features that would allow me to pass as an attractive female, go out en femme and have a blast. This can't happen.

There's no doubt in my mind that with a permanent change a trade-off would occur wherein as a female I'd find some negatives as well as positives. You don't get a free ride in life.

Jayme: as I recall, the next two lines of Thomas's villanelle (sp?) goes:
    Old age should burn and rage at close of day,
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Correction

Being pedantic: I think "rage" shold be "rave" (at close of day). Please correct me if required.