Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How Many Would Be Women ?

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda09 View Post
    I don't believe I would...I like both sides of my personas to destroy either one of them. Now if I could transition back and forth with the blink of an eye...I would absolutely do it.
    I share Miranda point of vue . I couldn't deny being my male self , I'm in no way ashame of my masculinity . I'd only accept if I could go back and forth although my budget for clothing would more then double !

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda09 View Post
    I don't believe I would...I like both sides of my personas to destroy either one of them. Now if I could transition back and forth with the blink of an eye...I would absolutely do it.
    ditto

To much history to do now, but take away the history. In an instant!

Coda...
    I have been on hormones for a year now and full time working RLE for about 5 months...haven't left the house once as a male...and guess what? It's tough being a woman...real tough...you notice the loss of male privilege...sometimes it can be downright scary how you are treated when they perceive you as a woman...and you learn pretty quickly that women in our society are judged on appearance...and you can't go anywhere you want anytime you want alone like you did as a male...

That being said...

I really wish I wasn't a woman...but it's absolutely true...and it fits...I'm never going to find peace unless I do this...SRS is scheduled this year...this is what it's like to be trans...

How Many Would Be Women?

Nah. I want the best of both worlds - to get grubby working on old cars, or get pretty and wear short, sexy, soft things. What I need is a genie or a magic lantern.
    Wait. Wait. Danica gets away with it....
    "I think I better think it out again."

Coda...

Talking But...

There are moments......when being your true girl self can be incredible...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Silver Member
    Count me out. SRS is not a cure all and has a lot of pain involved. I would still be quite tall and have big hands. I like too much of being a man to change fully. My macho job would be totally different if I did it as a female. I would be in on all the guy stuff. Now the magic shange trick is something I would go for but that isn't a real option beyond the way i currently do it.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    There are moments......when being your true girl self can be incredible...
    You're doing great Julie and I admire you greatly for the lifestyle changes you're making. I know it'll work out for you.

I'm don't feel I'm ready to so I'd wait but if it was a now or never offer I'd do it.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Many here can't ever be a crossdresser in public how could they be a woman? Read Karen's post. Life isn't any more glamorous as a woman than it is as a man. It is just different.
    You're absolutely right... I also recently read not only Renee Richards', but a few other stories and warnings. I can only imagine what a psychological s---storm there could be for a person if they underwent a change and found it wasn't for the right reasons, after all.

There's a lot of polls around here with yes/no answers, or "are you in set A or set B?". Fun fantasy, sure, but reality, hell no.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarasometimes View Post
    Count me out. SRS is not a cure all and has a lot of pain involved. I would still be quite tall and have big hands. I like too much of being a man to change fully.
    [SIZE=2]That's totally understandable.....And I can appreciate that totally..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]And true, SRS is not necessarily a cure all for everyone...That all depends on the person & if they were or are truly honest with themselves to begin with.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]And using what you said here is where the TG/CD & TS spectrum splits & goes in different directions..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Speaking for myself, my pain was caused being born in a males body, which is Extremely painful emotionally when you feel that your born gender & life to be so wrong beginning from the time of your earliest memories...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]So the very short lived pain (if any) from the SRS Op is absolutely nothing compared to a lifetime of emotional pain & torment living as woman inside a mans body when your born with GID.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]As far as physical traits, like large hands, which I think I have large hands....but again, when your TS, it's not going to stop you at all, there comes a time when Nothing can stop someone from transitioning because it goes Way beyond any physical characteristics or beauty, and it sure didn't stop me, because I'm far far from being petite or pretty.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]I never liked or ever wanted any part of manhood what so ever, I really did try hard to like it, but it didn't work out, even though I used CDing as a means of an temporary escape from being a male from the age of 7 right up to the point before I went full time just before I turned 49 ...but that's just me speaking..[/SIZE]

Last edited by Karen564; 02-23-2010 at 01:19 AM.
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle1 View Post
    Congratulations! Do you ever compare/contrast between looking back saying "I wish I would have done this years ago"? I wish more younger CD'ers would chime-in on this topic. Especially nowadays as culture has changed to make it easier to become female in many circles.

Since my transition is going so smoothly, I have sometimes wondered if I should have done this many years ago. But I wasn't ready before now - and I dont think society was.

Now, at this time, I feel fully ready and society is more accepting than 20 years ago- this is my time

Denise
    Interesting you say that Suzy. Do a search on Renee Richards, the famous tennis player/Doctor from the 1970's who had SRS. She no longer advocates it for anyone. Let me know if you still have the same opinion after reading her thoughts.
    Hi Denise, thanks for posting that - and it's good that you did as I need to understand where it didn't work out for others.

I went to this site to read up about her: http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/conway/TS/Warning.html

I think a large factor was she was such a famous tennis player - and then a TS person. Whereas, I may be very well known in certain medical circles in Western Australia - outside of this, no one knows of me. So when I'm out and about no one even notices me.

The site also mentions her heavy masculine brow line, which looked unusual for a female. I don't have that, but I'm still going to have some cosmetic surgery done at the same time as my SRS, to tune up the look.

In other cases on the site, it mentioned that some had gone through the change as a sexual fantasy - only to discover once the sex drive had gone, then the need was no longer there. My drive has gone too - but a I still want to do this just as much as before.

I realise that SRS won't make me suddenly pass 100% - in fact it will do just about nothing for me in that area. It's just one more thing done - I still have the voice, the walk, the shape, the mannerisms, the emotions, the hair - and everything else to master.

I have no doubt that this is a risky business, with a lot at stake. A lot hangs on acceptance - and I know my appearance will have a great bearing on that. This is why I've gone to so much trouble and take so much care with my make up and style. We have to try a lot harder than GGs to stand the slightest chance of making it.

I'm sure I have some difficult times ahead of me, but I will sort them out as they arise. If you really want something this badly you just have to keep trying.....

But the recipe for success? - it's not how good you pass, - it's support from someone who cares (best is a GG).

hugs Suzy

Last edited by Suzy Harrison; 02-23-2010 at 08:31 AM.

Well said Suzy. I see you have given this a lot of thought. I just wanted you to be sure as my friend. There are many who have gone through with it (some here)who may be disappointed that things did not work out the way they expected. If, however, you are expecting disappointments and not expecting perfection, then you are ahead of the game my friend. I wish you well and all happiness with whatever you decide to do.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Denise Rhodes View Post
    Well said Suzy. I see you have given this a lot of thought. I just wanted you to be sure as my friend. There are many who have gone through with it (some here)who may be disappointed that things did not work out the way they expected. If, however, you are expecting disappointments and not expecting perfection, then you are ahead of the game my friend. I wish you well and all happiness with whatever you decide to do.

Thank you Denise. This has been the happiest 9 months of my life.

Everyone I know just says how happy I look - and so they understand this is right for me. I'm not saying it's easy, but I have never felt so content before

Not once have I ever thought 'Am I doing the right thing?'. I'm having the time of my life.

hugs
    Suzy x

Quote Originally Posted by Suzy Harrison View Post
    But the recipe for success? - it's not how good you pass, - it's support from someone who cares (best is a GG).

hugs Suzy

how very true
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

no way I want to be a woman, and I believe there is too much illusion about what surgery can do.

My goal is to become the person I am inside, who is a blend of both gender, but mostly male. If were born female, I would certainly be a FTM crossdresser... both sides need to come out in harmony to be who we are.

a note about surgery: my wife had a birth mark on her cheek when little, and an although famous cosmetic surgeon pretended to fix it (cosmetic surgery was at its debuts back in the 60's). He butchered her face so bad, that she went under the knife 15 more times just to fix it and its far from perfect. (if you were wondering, no, they did not win the lawsuit, the surgeon had a better lawyer and malpractice lawsuits were also at their debuts back then)
    Last edited by sonia_dargency; 02-23-2010 at 09:32 AM. Reason: note about surgery
    Sonia

It would be no choice---I would be a woman. Frankly, I feel I am one now but my body is a problem and my life is too complicated.

I used to play the video game Pool of Radiance, it was one of the first adaptations of D&D to video games and in that game there was some treasure that was cursed and swapped your gender magically. Once the curse was removed I could go back and forth at will. Now that's how I'd like to do it. I was born the way I was born and I wouldn't change any of that, but I still like to dress the way I like to dress. Switching back and forth at will would be great but that only happens in stories, so here I am bouncing back and forth at will with whatever mundane means available to me. I talk too much...
    Last edited by Debbie37; 02-23-2010 at 02:01 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

can't do without both

Ok, I'm spoiled I guess. I love both genders. If there was a way to split 50:50 and have everything happy in the world around me I'd do it immediately!

tina

I can honestly say that if given the opportunity I would NOT do it.

I would do some other things that weren't so drastic like getting a boob job if it wouldn't be a financial burden and wouldn't hurt anyone.

I think I would live as a woman probably 80% of the time if the opportunity presented itself. The other 20% I'd be a guy. Sometimes it is just easier being a man.

Kisses,

Allie

I would if nothing in my life would change besides the change. I would also freeze some of my sperm and/or get married and get my wife pregnant before I lose the ability to reproduce.

Even if I won the Lotto I would not have a sex change. I don't believe any surguries can make me a woman. Only if God changed me into a woman would that work. And I did ask God to change me into a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by KateSpade83 View Post
    And I did ask God to change me into a woman.
    Can I deduce by your presence here that God said No then?

Even if I won the Lotto I would not have a sex change. I don't believe any surguries can make me a woman. Only if God changed me into a woman would that work. And I did ask God to change me into a woman.

How did you get on?

Coda...

Thumbs down

Seriously Kate, that is an obnoxious statement to trans people...but in a manner you are right...the surgery doesn't make you a woman...you have to be one first before it makes any sense...it then allows one to make their way in the world...