Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How Many Would Be Women ?

With a wife and kids my answer is "no".

Before wife & kids, I seriously considered it.

NOTE TO YOUNG CD'ers: evaluate if you want to go forward with changing your life early in your life, don't be miserable or waiting 2 or 3 decades to make the transition. Once life gets complex, it's even harders to make it uncomplex (marriage, kids, families, etc). Either way, make a decision and run with it.... don't waste many years due to fear, embarassment, what ever.....do it, either way, just make a decision. I'm happy to see the younger crowd these days not being held bound by fear, embarassment, etc. To be free of that allows you to make a clear-conscience choice.

Oh to be 18 again...
    Thankful for crossdressers.com, great people here have helped me realize who I really am on the inside. (formerly michelle1)

Aspiring Member
    I hope this doesn't offend, but if I could become a woman, I'd end up being a lesbian anyway. So, I'll stay who or what I am and admire women from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzy Harrison View Post

Two years ago I developed the realisation that my needs exceeded the scare factor - which basically means I got to the stage where whatever the cost is going to be then I'm going to do this anyway. I was prepared to loose everything.

I have never enjoyed any male aspect of my life and don't miss that part of it.

So I went from just CDing to hormones, coming out to the world, which includes full time employment as a female. The next step in 6 months time is SRS.

I don't regret any of it - in fact it's been 9 months and I've never been so happy. This is my time and nothing will stop me now.

Congratulations! Do you ever compare/contrast between looking back saying "I wish I would have done this years ago"? I wish more younger CD'ers would chime-in on this topic. Especially nowadays as culture has changed to make it easier to become female in many circles.
    Thankful for crossdressers.com, great people here have helped me realize who I really am on the inside. (formerly michelle1)

For me SRS has no appeal. In regards to the "Poof" option, that one one still be flawed for me because while I think it would be easier for me if I were born a girl, I think the time in my life when I would have most enjoyed being one is already past me, namely being high school and college.

Now, if someone asked me, if you could relive your life as a girl, I might ponder it, but then again, it's hard to consider losing a lot of my experiences as a guy. Since there's no possible way for this to really happen, it's a fantasy that doesn't force you to really consider the consequences.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Becoming TS would make relationships with women a lot harder, and even remove some of the enjoyment I feel I get from CDing. Plus, it would be shutting the door on having my own kids in the future.
    Being as much of a girl as possible, while still retaining my tools...then yes.

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I think for me I would not at this time of my life, I have family and I would not want to do something to change myself. However I would own "Investment Property" in another state that I would stay at for at least a few days to a week out of a month as Victoria.

To do that it would take Power-ball and Mega Millions to do that!

I'd get my SO's approval first, and if she says yes, I'll be there first thing in the morning!

I read Suzy's contribution to this thread, and it makes me all the more happy for her. There but for the grace of God go I. As appealing as life as a woman is for me, I will not opt for transition and SRS at this time. I have chosen the life I have with my wife instead. I will always harbor some pangs of regret, but I will stay with my decision, and remain male, and pursue life as my wife's husband. I'd have opted to have been born genetically female, but we do not get to make those decisions, and I'll play the cards that were dealt to me.

Were all mitigating factors to be stripped away - the family matters, relationships, job issues, and the whole lot - my decision would likely be different, and I'd opt for transition.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Quote Originally Posted by Karen564 View Post
    So for the ones that said yes,What exactly is holding you back?
    exactly. how does the saying go? do or don't do?

the TS people here know the score. There is a real good reason they have to jump through the hoops they do.

The time you spend in between shows you what you can expect afterward. It isn't a fairytale with knights and castles. Sure you get to wear the clothes and do all the stereotypical things you think all women do, but you will find it is pretty much the same life with lower pay. The grass is always greener until you jump the fence.

I think this is more a jealousy idea than a real TS thought. You see the "fun" stuff of the clothes and dressing up but you don't think 6 months ahead when you are getting paid less, treated differently, coming home from work too tired to put on anything other than sweats and throw a in a microwave dinner. Being a woman full time is different. It isn't the glitz and glam (most women went through that in their late teens and early 20's when they had time to dress up and party). You think that after surgery you will be princess Grace but you will be just the woman next door. There is the job, the home, making ends meet, if you are lucky to have or keep the family you will be doing housework, cleaning, feeding caring for the children. It isn't a dream job and that is why so few really follow through. The ones who know how it will be. The ones who survive the RLE (sort of like boot camp). I think with the scenario of the OP there would be a lot of "I want my penis back!" out there.

I like being able to switch back and forth and if there was a magical potion that allowed you to switch back and forth totally, then maybe I would but after a couple of times that would have less priority also. Be careful what you wish for, it isn't always what you think it will be.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Sure you get to wear the clothes and do all the stereotypical things you think all women do

There is the job, the home, making ends meet, if you are lucky to have or keep the family you will be doing housework, cleaning, feeding caring for the children..
    I take it that you also think women do stereotypical things? Also, some of us share these responsibilities already

Quote Originally Posted by Suzy Harrison View Post

It's strange but I feel so strongly about this that the thought of the knife and pain afterwards doesn't even make the slightest difference to me. But what is more telling is that if someone told me I had a very good chance of not surviving the surgery - I would still go ahead. I know that's a kind of awful or drastic thing to say, but that is how badly I feel I need this.
    Interesting you say that Suzy. Do a search on Renee Richards, the famous tennis player/Doctor from the 1970's who had SRS. She no longer advocates it for anyone. Let me know if you still have the same opinion after reading her thoughts.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I would!

Then I could finally change my wish to something else when I see a shooting star, blow out birthday candles, find a penny....!

Me
    Quote Originally Posted by erin8042 View Post
    If i could snap a finger and become a GG I would do it in a sec. But not SRS and the whole show.
    i second this, im not big on surgery!

exactly. how does the saying go? do or don't do?

the TS people here know the score. There is a real good reason they have to jump through the hoops they do.

The time you spend in between shows you what you can expect afterward. It isn't a fairytale with knights and castles. Sure you get to wear the clothes and do all the stereotypical things you think all women do, but you will find it is pretty much the same life with lower pay. The grass is always greener until you jump the fence.

I think this is more a jealousy idea than a real TS thought. You see the "fun" stuff of the clothes and dressing up but you don't think 6 months ahead when you are getting paid less, treated differently, coming home from work too tired to put on anything other than sweats and throw a in a microwave dinner. Being a woman full time is different. It isn't the glitz and glam (most women went through that in their late teens and early 20's when they had time to dress up and party). You think that after surgery you will be princess Grace but you will be just the woman next door. There is the job, the home, making ends meet, if you are lucky to have or keep the family you will be doing housework, cleaning, feeding caring for the children. It isn't a dream job and that is why so few really follow through. The ones who know how it will be. The ones who survive the RLE (sort of like boot camp). I think with the scenario of the OP there would be a lot of "I want my penis back!" out there.

I like being able to switch back and forth and if there was a magical potion that allowed you to switch back and forth totally, then maybe I would but after a couple of times that would have less priority also. Be careful what you wish for, it isn't always what you think it will be.
    [SIZE=2]Thanks Lori,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Great post![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]What you said is very true, and the grass is not always greener, it seldom is really, it's just different....Although I was fully aware of that and did a reality check before I hopped over the fence 5 months ago...and I'm not hopping back only because this truly is the right path for me and always knew that in my heart, and had no choice, so like you said, this doesn't mean it would be the right decision for everyone as you already pointed out, but many don't really "get it" until it's too late.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]And just as you mentioned, in reality, not fantasy land, life as a woman is not all glamorous, well not for me anyways, since I'm not into the showgirl/ nightclubbing lifestyle, because it does get old after a while...and so chose to live my life like any other regular everyday woman..well sort of...lol[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I do my errands like everybody else, then come home & get comfy, make dinner, study for school, chat with family & some good friends then go to bed, sleep, wake up the next morning, make my coffee, get dressed, then start my day all over again...and even though I may pamper myself every now & then, it's not very often at all..because I need the money for all the surgeries to come in the near future.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]And with all of that going on, I have to be out in the real world & deal with with the public every day...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]It's certainly not for the weak and must face what ever they throw at me but keep moving on, because I can't hide in some corner or switch back into a safe zone..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]So I applaud the ones that do know realistically what they need to do, be it live this life, something in between or being happy as a part time girl..with their male life still intact..or just a male, all in all, it's all good..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

For me the answer is yes and working on it as we speak. After 5 months as a woman, RLE, and starting the HRT this next month I would have to say the truth is in the realization this is right for me and not everyone.

Teri

I wish I was a girl! I wish I was a girl! I wish I was a girl!

The problem is, once I became a girl, I would probably want to be a boy again.

It's a nice fantasy, but I like both male and female sides of me, it makes me whole.
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Christina66 View Post
    I take it that you also think women do stereotypical things? Also, some of us share these responsibilities already
    No, but a majority of the fantasy "girls" here do think that as women they would do stereotypic things and NOT do male things. That when they get their wish they will suddenly become June Cleaver and all their problems will disappear. You go back through the thousands of posts and find how many wish they could cook and clean and do laundry "just like a real woman". No one is stopping them from doing that now as a male but that is what many here think "being a woman" would be like. Surprise! If you woke up tomorrow as a woman it wouldn't be all fun and games. It would be a lot harder than the escapism that many here believe they will have. This question and ones like it come up often. The answer often is "Yes! make me a woman!" but then ask "Why?" "So I can dress pretty and go shopping and have someone take care of me, and all I have to do is be a house wife" It ain't going to happen. GG's don't even get that 99% of the time. Housewives work their butts off...that is why they don't meet the guys here who wish their wives would dress up more often with a Teddy and a glass of wine all ready for a night of wild monkey love. Probably a better question would be if you could wake up tomorrow as an international sex goddess with unlimited funds and you will never get old would you switch sexes? Then the yeses would ring true. Trust me quite a few who say yes now would be crying to go back after a few months because it isn't all they thought it would be.

Many here can't ever be a crossdresser in public how could they be a woman? Read Karen's post. Life isn't any more glamorous as a woman than it is as a man. It is just different.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

interesting question

One that I have ask myself many times. I can't say for sure either way. But I do like the results from some hormones.

I guess I'd probably take all that money and SHOP SHOP SHOP and wear whatever the hell I wanted to because WHO CARES? I'm RICH

What? You say money won't solve all my problems?

Dammit.
    Last edited by josie_S; 02-22-2010 at 06:41 PM.

No, but a majority of the fantasy "girls" here do think that as women they would do stereotypic things and NOT do male things. That when they get their wish they will suddenly become June Cleaver and all their problems will disappear. You go back through the thousands of posts and find how many wish they could cook and clean and do laundry "just like a real woman". No one is stopping them from doing that now as a male but that is what many here think "being a woman" would be like. Surprise! If you woke up tomorrow as a woman it wouldn't be all fun and games. It would be a lot harder than the escapism that many here believe they will have. This question and ones like it come up often. The answer often is "Yes! make me a woman!" but then ask "Why?" "So I can dress pretty and go shopping and have someone take care of me, and all I have to do is be a house wife" It ain't going to happen. GG's don't even get that 99% of the time. Housewives work their butts off...that is why they don't meet the guys here who wish their wives would dress up more often with a Teddy and a glass of wine all ready for a night of wild monkey love. Probably a better question would be if you could wake up tomorrow as an international sex goddess with unlimited funds and you will never get old would you switch sexes? Then the yeses would ring true. Trust me quite a few who say yes now would be crying to go back after a few months because it isn't all they thought it would be.

Many here can't ever be a crossdresser in public how could they be a woman? Read Karen's post. Life isn't any more glamorous as a woman than it is as a man. It is just different.
    I don't think I would like the surgery although I do respect that many people on the forum make that choice. I don't exactly consider myself to be a female but there are a lot of aspects of my personalitiy that are very feminine and sissified which I have tried to cover up for and disguise. I gesture and talk like the women selling sweaters and afghans on QVC. I can't help it and honest,I've tried to cut it out. I grew up in Southern Illinois and I was afraid it might get my ass kicked. I was a crossdresser in public for about a year when I was 19 but there were people in my family who were so freaked out by that I had to eventually tell them I "quit" crossdressing. I would crossdress in the town I live in near St.Paul/Minneapolis but most of my trips out are for nuts and bolts kinda stuff like going to the supermarket,the hardware store and the pharmacy. I hate to sound like a princess.

You can contemplate whether or not you would literally like to be a woman 24/7 but one thing Lorileah points out is that women aren't paid as well as guys! Waitresses get the minimum wage! It's appaling. My Mom had what I thought seemed like fairly cushy jobs after my Dad passed away but I found out that she was paid abut $5000 less than what a man would get. I was thinking about the surgery back around 1975 but I chickened out. Life would still have it's going to the bathroom,mowing the lawn and running the vacume cleaner side to it. I've become scared of the surgery over the years and I wouldn't do it. But I respect that many of you girls have had SRS and I know some of you would like to.

Yes yes yes

I would be a girl I have alway loved everything about them and if I could I would change my sex. I would want to be one all the way giving birth and all, thats not going to happen so a sex change is not for me I still would never be a real girl.

Great post Lorileah! As one who has jumped the fence myself, I can see that you are one who really gets it. No pink fog around you!

I would like to be able to snap my fingers and become a woman, but only if I had the power to switch back and repeat as often as I like.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Within a heart beat, id love to be a GG

Katie XxX

If I could instantly turn into a GG I would....... but spare me from the long, drawn out and costly SRS route.