Thread: Wondering

Wondering

I am fine with who I am and what I do now, but for years I always wondered.

I wondered, what makes a man want to dress like a woman? Why does he get so much pleasure in doing this and risks so much?

Years ago ( I know I am nuts ) I had a super natural experiance in an old house we lived in out in the country. My bed was visited by an unknown ,I was only 11 years old and sleeping in this room alone. I wasn't touched but my bed, it shook violently. I didn't move an inch in what seemd like an hour but prolly was more like five minutes before I jump out of bed and hit the lights in one motion.

I sometimes wondered growing up ( and maybe I watched to much TV growing up) if my body was posessed by some lost soul .. Maybe by a female? Now I know thats far fetched but it sure helped answer a lot of questions at the time.

What did you think was the cause of your dressing growing up?
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

[SIZE=2]Shaking bed.......Could be that you may have experienced a tremor/earthquake.......it's been known to happen..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Explanation of why you CD?? Now that truly is a complete mystery....[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]It's usually something your born with...and for some it's a matter of it being a fetish..(aquired after as an adult)..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

I'm with Karen, I think I was born with a pre-disposition to crossdress, and if I could wipe 30 plus years away, I think I could have been born to be more than that potentially.
    Gillian.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I have read theories of every variety about why we dress. As each one of us is different and has different needs and desires there may be numerous causes. The best answer to this question is, We do not know.

I have no idea what makes me want to dress. I originally came here looking for answers as to why I dress but could find no logical reason. Afterall, we all do this thing regardless of who we are, whatever our backgrounds and whatever our path in life.

I think it's just part of us, no real reason for it, just a part of our nature

I have, as far back as I remember, wanted to know what it like to be a girl. I used to pretend even before I started to try on different articles of clothing. So, no I don' think you were possessed by a spirit. I do believe they exist and that I have encountered them.

Bed shaking is nothing new to me. I just ignore it. Spooks are no one special in my book. What I have found is that CDing is more a related symptom of something far larger. One can only discover what that is by honestly pursuing the feelings.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Silver Member
    We are all individuals at different points on the gender scale. Where ever we are on that scale, we should always be comfortable and confident in who we are, regardless of the outside packaging.

I don't Know

I haven't got a clue. I've been dressing as long as I can recall & stopped trying to figure it out years ago. It is something I just enjoy.

As I understand it (i.e. not very well) the reasons why an individual becomes an habitual crosssdresser are complex, and not the same for all. So it's kind of a waste of time trying to pursue it on a forum like this. I don't mean to sound unkind, I just believe there is no useful general answer to a question like yours. Sorry.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

probably a complete mix of experiences

I do think there has to be a part of it that is hard-wired into the circuits from birth, a place in the mind that is somehow feminine. The question then becomes, "what triggers the connection to this part of the mind"?

My connection came at age 55, and within 3 days it all seemed not only natural but necessary in order to figure out "who" the feminine being in my mind is. She has always been there, it seems, and knowing her seems completely essential! That's my reason: completely selfish in that I want to know who I am and she's an important part, and one I didn't understand at all.

wild!

tina

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suchacutie View Post
    I do think there has to be a part of it that is hard-wired into the circuits from birth, a place in the mind that is somehow feminine. ...
    tina
    there's research suggesting that intrauterine hormones can influence sexual preference - younger male siblings born in sequence (no girls in between) have much higher probability of being homosexual than those who follow a female sibling or are eldest male. Its a huge increase in probability, although still statistically a fairly small percentage of total births. I suspect that something similar may influence gender identification.

Aspiring Member

Well, you do what you like.

One question, many different answers.

It's like asking people why they gamble:

"Fun, chance to travel, need the money, never thought about it, born addicted, it's something to do..."

Or, what their favorite ice cream is: "Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry..."

It's "super" natural... But, not supernatural.

If you can get that shaking bed to fly, let me know.

Crossdressing has caused my bed to shake many times.

I was not predisposed to become crossdresser but i think maybe it's a reincarnation thing.
    I've been probably a Lady in a past life and maybe my soul remembers those victorian days where i could wear corset and gown without hiding myself.

Just a random theory.

for me i remember when i was around 5 or 6 years old i saw a guy wearing nude hose and clogs at a school event,and since then i have always been facinated by womans clothes.i believe thats why womans clogs,and mules are my favorite fem shoes to this day.but i think thats when i became cognosent of masculin,and feminine clothing differences.ive always preferd girly stuff over mens stuff.

I've often thought about why we are the way we are. When I was searching for answers I ran across a website that I think sums it up best. I came to these conclusions on my own but I think this guy is spot on.

If you get a chance read it. I think it'll at least be thought provoking.

http://www.transgendercare.com/guida..._is_gender.htm

Kisses,

Allie

I always like the way dresses loked on girls and wondered why boys didn't wear them. I didn't start to like doing it until I was 8.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

I know that I dress because Maria is a part of my persona, and actually helps round out my personality and actions in everyday life. It took my wife a great deal of talking about this .... then she recognized that Maria is the softer , feminine side of me in everyday life, and part of the person who she fell in love with...both sides of me together is the package that she married...

Some people had been visited by spirits, etc. Your story is not unique. But, I think it's unlikely that it meant more than just a visit. Most likely, it was an earthquake.

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaM View Post
    Some people had been visited by spirits, etc. Your story is not unique. But, I think it's unlikely that it meant more than just a visit. Most likely, it was an earthquake.
    no earthquakes in Missouri but I hear they are due for a big one soon..
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy_Bella View Post
    no earthquakes in Missouri but I hear they are due for a big one soon..
    [SIZE=2]Are you sure there's no earthquakes in Missouri?? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]This says otherwise.....http://www.dnr.mo.gov/geology/geosrv...storyMOeqs.htm[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

Not so new of a girl Missy Tanya's Avatar
    Wondering, the only wondering I do is why I didn't start earlier in life. But not going to fret about it. Having too much fun. Was asked once why I like dressing. I said cause I feel wonderful while dressed pretty. Why live as one, when living as two can be so much more fun.

Tanya

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I'm pretty sure it was those REALLY HOT PEPPERS;

in the soup I ate in Thailand! My CD urges started shortly there after!

Well, isn't that as believable as the "shaking bed" theory!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!