Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has embracing CDing improved your life?

Has embracing CDing improved your life?

Girls, I have always had a hard time accepting my desire to dress. Stuffed it in the closet for years. Suffered quietly. Suffered loudly. Purged. Sought treatment. Briefly and furtively engaged in it. Felt guilty. Shoved it back in the closet. Desired it so hopelessly from afar. I'm sure most (if not all) of you have been there.

After decades of this yo-yoing misery I have to wonder how things would have been different if I could have simply embraced it and found a place for dressing in my life.

So tell me, for those who celebrate this lifestyle (and whom I admire so much), do you believe that your life is much better -- personally, professionally, health-wise, happiness-wise -- because you have handled it in an open and reasonable manner?

Have I wasted a lifetime by NOT being a self-accepting CD? I know (hope) it's not too late, but I have to find a reasonable solution and perhaps some happiness.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Now that my wife and daughters know about Stacey I do feel a whole lot better. I can be open about myself and not hide which is a wonderful feeling.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Self acceptance was merely the first step forward to a wonderful life. My life is so much better. I'm healthier, have great friends, more confident, and I can't even think of everything. But I do know, everything is better
    removed

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    I feel that my life pretty much rocks! Is crossdressing the reason? Not really. Is it a part of my happiness? Most definitely! By being me - and accepting myself as I am - life is just better and happier.

As my overall happiness spills over into my personal, professional and spiritual life, I would say that my crossdressing does have an impact. By accepting who I am, I am not in a constant state of depression and denial. Life just seems smoother when I get to "air out the girl" every once in awhile.

Does crossdressing throw up some obstacles in life? Sure. It's not all kittens and rainbows, but as a happier person I have a much larger reservoir of good stuff to draw from when hard times do strike.

So, for me crossdressing is a win-win.

Kathi

Overall... Not really... Except for one aspect.. Health and taking care of myself... I'm weigh less that I did when I graduated high school.. I eat better and take care of my skin.. Playing hockey helps on weight control and cardio.. Heart rate is 42 at rest... And I guess I could have accompished the same things if I didn't crossdress but that drive to fit back into a size 10 dress is big motivation that probably wouldn't work as well I I didn't crossdress??
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

It's not crossdressing as such, but if you try to repress a part of yourself that is really important, whatever it might be, it's going to have adverse effects on your general state of mind and wellbeing.
    And yes, life is better now that I accept (and affirm) my crossdressing nature.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Very Part Time Girl Melissa Anne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    I feel that my life pretty much rocks! Is crossdressing the reason? Not really. Is it a part of my happiness? Most definitely! By being me - and accepting myself as I am - life is just better and happier.

As my overall happiness spills over into my personal, professional and spiritual life, I would say that my crossdressing does have an impact. By accepting who I am, I am not in a constant state of depression and denial. Life just seems smoother when I get to "air out the girl" every once in awhile.

Does crossdressing throw up some obstacles in life? Sure. It's not all kittens and rainbows, but as a happier person I have a much larger reservoir of good stuff to draw from when hard times do strike.

Kathi
    This is pretty much how I feel about it as well.
    Melissa Anne, PPTG
    (Professional Part Time Girl)

Improved life.

[SIZE="3"]I think so. It's added a dimension that I probably wouldn't have had otherwise. [/SIZE]

New & improved!....can't complain.

One less skeleton in the closet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's become cheaper for me as I no longer need to purchase separate mens clothes and ladies clothes. I can mix and match when I like, although I tend to stay on the ladies side more.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

tradeoff!

As with everything, this lifestyle is a tradeoff.

The good: Finding this feminine side of me is a terrific adventure and helps me know who I am! I understand my wife better and topics of conversation most spouses never consider are grist for the mill for us all the time, from makeup to emotions! My health is improved, my skin is soooo much better as are my nails! I think life is even more exciting and interesting as well. I love both of my genders!

The bad: Holy cow this is really so involved! Learning to be feminine takes a lifetime under normal circumstances and here I'm trying to do it in a couple of years! Also life just gets in the way and there is never enough time for Tina. My wife even asked if Tina was jealous of all the "him" time! There is the expense...arg! Lastly there is the potential social stigma, who to tell and who not to tell, etc. This is not a lifestyle for the weak!

The thing is, Tina is here to stay! Much of the "bad" I've listed is now a thing of the past and we just move forward giving Tina as much time as we can!

Tina

Embracing who I really am inside and accepting it has been one of the best things I've ever done. Now I am at total peace with myself. I love who and what I am. I wouldn't change me in any way.

On the other hand, it has lead to some frustration. That comes from other people embracing it...or not. Everyone I've told does support me but not to the extent that I would like them to.

The first thing everyone here has to do is decide what you want. You have to love yourself. Once you do that then you can move on to the second challenge which is having others love you. If you don't have your house in order then no one is going to love you for who you really are.

Kisses,

Allie

Aspiring Member

Yes.

Not tripping over myself has proved enormously helpful in getting on with life.

Thumbs up

its cheaper to just accept who we are instead of perging,i bet ive lost thousands of dollars over the years purging then rebuying my fem clothes.if you feel like stopping for a while just pack away your fem attire but dont toss it cuz you will find your self buying more at some point.and yes i feel free now that im out of the closet.my wife and her sisters know about jenifer but not her or my parents as they are old school and would totally not get it.although i think my mother might suspect cuz when growing up she caught me several times in her clothes,and stealing her pantyhose to wear to school.being out is the best thing for me in 30 years!

I can't even explain the process of rebirth that crossdressing led to in one post. It plays like a fairy tale, a long one.

It might have still happened without CDing. Right, and I might have been an astronaut, too.

CDer's look at themselves from many angles, and at first, they see someone else, someone impossible, yet fascinatingly compelling to them: their 'higher selves' calling from the ether, albeit shown through gender filters.

We live out a form of integrative psychology. We CD to become what we think we cannot, but could. Exploring that concept, (as Karen says, in an open and reasonable manner,) is only good for you overall. It expands your consciousness, and your picture of what is possible..

It's a rocky road, just like life, with many pitfalls and sidetracks to get stuck in. With us, the biggest danger lies in the levels of abstraction and meaning involved, being unable to let go of the notion of the physical, tangible, and personally habitual illusion of reality, which can arrest development.

It's never too late to start to live more fully. It doesn't take that long to change, it takes nanoseconds. Implementing the change becomes fun and challenging, with no real sense of 'too late.' That sense transforms into 'urgency,' a motivating factor.
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

I've always accepted who I am, so I can only assume that that has made for a better life as compared to the stories I hear from those who fight who they are.

Give it a try.
    DonnaT

No it hasn't improved my life ,except i do look after my self better, hair,nails,face,etc.

Hi Karen
    I would have to say that self acceptance is a very powerful step towards a happier , healthier , and more productive life and it is never to late to enjoy all of them.
    Tomara

Platinum Member
    I personally feel that my life is greatly enhanced by embracing CDing. No frustrations about having to wear men's clothes or fear of exposure. I can focus on other things that matter, because both my SO and I are at ease with me.

As for "wasting" any time, whenever you reach that point of self acceptance, you're making a fresh start. Why worry about anything you've missed - instead concentrate on enjoying your future!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post

As my overall happiness spills over into my personal, professional and spiritual life, I would say that my crossdressing does have an impact.[SIZE="4"] By accepting who I am, I am not in a constant state of depression and denial. [/SIZE]Life just seems smoother when I get to "air out the girl" every once in awhile.

Kathi

yep, couldn't agree more. The depression is a living he**.
    Thankful for crossdressers.com, great people here have helped me realize who I really am on the inside. (formerly michelle1)

Quote Originally Posted by karentvca View Post
    Girls, I have always had a hard time accepting my desire to dress. Stuffed it in the closet for years. Suffered quietly. Suffered loudly. Purged. Sought treatment. Briefly and furtively engaged in it. Felt guilty. Shoved it back in the closet. Desired it so hopelessly from afar. I'm sure most (if not all) of you have been there.

After decades of this yo-yoing misery I have to wonder how things would have been different if I could have simply embraced it and found a place for dressing in my life.
    You answered your own question here didn't you?

You say that hiding has been hard for you, misery even, and then compare that to those who are out and describe them as being more healthy... Now it's possible that there is a third option here - that the same variable that causes some people to come out is the same one that causes them to be happy, healthy people. But you can kill 2 birds with one stone here.

In my experience, people are always happier without secrets and lies.

In my experience, everyone is happier when they are honest with themselves and the world.

In my experience, everyone is happier out.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    For me I am not out to my family however being able to go out into the public far away from home has been very healthy for me! When I am not able to be my fem-self for any long length of time I find that I get irritated more. Now I have found that after returning back I am tired and relaxed.

bron
    My life generally sux. I have a partner that wants nothing to do with my life. I live in a small town so i can't get out and about and i can't readily get clothes or shoes because of my size....6ft and 220lb. My moods are all over the place and i cry a lot. So ...no, being a cd has not improved my life at all.

Does feeling way happier counts as a huge improve?

It has improved me, but not my life. Yet, anyway.

Self-acceptance is a non-issue though, just not something I struggle with. I like this about me.