Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I told him!!

Post I told him!!

Well, after much debating in my head and so much worrying I can't even begin to describe, I told my dad about Tiffany. I didn't tell him that I had a girl name, I just told him that I do it.

What spurred the sudden urge to tell him was I had the house to myself for about 2 house before I had to go to work, so I figured I'd dress up. I looked very cute too . Well, I thought I heard a car door slam so I rushed to the window to see if he was home. I didn't see a car besides mine so, I just walked back to my computer and continued with what I was doing. Then I definitely heard the front door close, so I grabbed my boy clothes and rushed to the bathroom. Then I heard him pop his head in my room to say hi, so I yelled "in the bathroom!" So i hurriedly got dressed in drab and came out closing the door behind me quickly, so we talked for a while. (We're thinking of moving so, was talking about the move.) Then he got a call, and had to go to work, by now I had already decided that I was going to tell him.

So, he had about 20mins before he had to go, and I figured, there is never going to be a "right" time, so I will tell him. So, I said "There's something that I need to talk to you about, something that I should have told you a long time ago." He looked confused so I quickly said "I'm not gay, no no, but..it's still hard to tell, especially you." He then urged me just to say it, so I did. I said, "I'm a crossdresser." It felt like a dream when I said those three little words. It didn't feel real, like, it wasn't happening.

He then said, "Matt, I remember before you were even in school you wore your mom's pantyhose and heels." I had NO recollection of this, but obviously he knew so..we talk about it for a while then he had to go, so he said, "We'll talk about this more later." Then he said, "Matt even if you were gay, I'd still love you, I may not agree with it, I may not like it, but I will still love you and if this is what you need to do make you happy then, do it. You're an adult now so, you can make your own decisions. I just ask that you don't wear it around me." I could perfectly understand this and told him I wouldn't. He also told me to buy a robe so that if I happen to be downstairs with it on, and he happens to be coming home, that he still won't see it. I told him I would.

So, there it is, I told him, my gf, brother and now my dad all know...still feels a little unreal..Well sorry for the mini-book here, but I had to tell you all because as unreal as it feels, I'm also VERY excited!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I live my life for who I am
    I quit the lie
    left it high and dry
    I am who I am
    And nobody
    Can call me a sham

Aspiring Member

Well done.

The right thing, for the right reasons, at the right time.

Kudos to your Dad for being a great Dad too!

In the closet - for now. Shadeauxmarie's Avatar
    Wow! That's tremendous. All we ever need is love. I am happy for you. I'm crying now,
    May you live long and prosper.
    Infinite diversity in infinite combinations.
    "Smiling makes my face ache." F. N. Furter

Untitled
    Very glad for you. I remember the scurrying to get out of things before someone walked in. At lease the opportunity may arise that your dad will ask to see you dressed.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

AWESOME! Congratulations! You have got to feel soooo much better now that the weight of that has been lifted from you!
    Thankful for crossdressers.com, great people here have helped me realize who I really am on the inside. (formerly michelle1)

What courage! I'm so proud of you and pleased for you.
    As I read your words, I can feel the anxiety. Did the moment of telling feel the way you had expected it would feel?

Platinum Member
    Loving supportive parents and siblings are the greatest thing!!! You are a very fortunate person!

well done hun, am so pleased for you & it is good to know your dad has that unconditional love, one day he will maybe be ready to see you dressed
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Congrats!!! That is a great story. I'm soooo happy for you.

Kisses,

Allie

Hi Matt - Tiffany
    Congratulations !

I have a tremendous amount of admiration for you and all of the young people who are brave enough to be themselves with family and friends.

I wish that I could have been that brave when I was your age , I guess I'm just a slow learner !

It is amazing how good it feels to be able to tell someone about yourself and so far for me I have not had one negative reaction.

I hope this will continue to be a positive part of your relationship with your dad.

Tomara

Congrats!
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Good deal. Dad's are amazing aren't they?

Jasmine

Aww, that's great news and great that your dad is so accepting
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Tiffany that is awesome. You have a very good father there. Maybe you should keep him.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    Wow that is a wonderful story of coming out to your father. (probably the third hardest person to come out too. Two being your Wife and the number one person is ourselves.
    I wish you and your father the best of luck. as well as continued understanding. Congrats.

Holy **** that took some guts! I'm happy for you that your Dad had a positive response.

Well done! As you can tell, we are all tickled pink for you.
    Now don't leave the old man hanging. You can bet he doesn't have any information on a CD than what he's heard "on the street". Follow the help here on the site, as well as the Tri Ess website, that is given to others in order to give to thier wives. The information is good for anyone in order to better understand.

P.S. You might want to tell him also you HAD to put on your mothers panty hose and heels. Santa didn't leave you your own under the tree.

Carbon-based Member eileendover's Avatar
    When your parent says "if this is what you need to do make you happy then, do it" - that's absolutely the best thing a parent can say!
    Especially when you know he doesn't like the idea, he still knows that YOU need it.
    Please give your dad a great big hug.

Thumbs up

wow thats great congrats!i know what you mean about how it feels to come out with it.dont you wish you had done it sooner since your dad is so cool about it?i wish i haddent waited 9 years to come out to my wife.again kudos to you girl!

Congrats! I'm so happy for you, it's the most wonderful feeling in the world to come out and not be faced with scorn. Next time you see your dad, tell him you love him.
    Feel sexy because you're confident, be confident because you're sexy. -"Chained" Jane L Michaels

Congrats!!

WOW! lol I never expected so many nice responses (not to say I expected mean ones ) Thank you all for your support, trust me without all of you, I would NEVER have even considered comming out to him, or probably anyone for that matter.

Thanks again for your kind words and support,
    Hugs & Kisses,
    Tiffany
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I live my life for who I am
    I quit the lie
    left it high and dry
    I am who I am
    And nobody
    Can call me a sham

Wow. That is great news! It sounds like you have a wonderful relationship with your father. Congrats to you Matt/Tiff!
    - Aeval

[SIZE="1"]~ My weakness makes me strong ~[/SIZE]

Congrats!!!
    Amanda

Well done, this is about as good an outcome as you could get.
    Gillian.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.