Thread: is crossdressing and being metro same?

Unhappy is crossdressing and being metro same?

hello again, my wife and i had a discussion a week or so ago,and she says that being metro sexual and crossdressing are basicaly the same thing.she says that i look more metro that anything when we go out.my brows are shaped a bit, i wear mascara,lip gloss, brow pencil,and clear polish on my fingers and toes.is that considerd metro or just plain crossdressing? help me settle this debate please.

Metro =>you take care of your appearance (face and all, manucure, creams...) like a girl. It can give you an androgyne look.

Crossdresser =>you wear female clothes.
    The clothes thing is what matters here. It's not the same thing.

Maths : CD=Metro+clothes+voice+attitude
    The aim here it not to get an androgyne look but a female look.

So no. A metro is not a CD. A CD is not a metro.

Just my opinion.

Hard to say my friend. Never done Metro myself. As Denise I wear makeup by default anyway.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by jenifer m. View Post
    hello again, my wife and i had a discussion a week or so ago,and she says that being metro sexual and crossdressing are basicaly the same thing.she says that i look more metro that anything when we go out.my brows are shaped a bit, i wear mascara,lip gloss, brow pencil,and clear polish on my fingers and toes.is that considerd metro or just plain crossdressing? help me settle this debate please.
    Point her to Ryan Seacrest. Say,"does he look like me?"
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Metro guy presents as a guy.

CD guy presents as female. Not rocket science .....
    Mirani - [meer-rahn-nee] Beauty to Behold; to "See" beauty

Being metrosexual just means you're a guy who takes care of himself and pampers himself with typically feminine things like light make-up, manicures, facials, etc. It sometimes produces an androgynous look, but isn't meant to do more than that.

Crossdressing (to me) means you are intending to look female, wear female clothes, do your make-up like a woman, feminine hair, etc.

Wearing a dress does not make you a metrosexual, it makes your a crossdresser.
    Feel sexy because you're confident, be confident because you're sexy. -"Chained" Jane L Michaels

No not at all. There is a huge difference.

My brother is Metrosexual. He has £100 hair straighteners, eats well and works out a lot, all in all he takes a lot of care in his appearance and it really shows. (I wish more men would take better care of themselves. Although not necessarily to the point of owning £100 hair straighteners lol.)

Looking like a women doesn't come in to it at all. He doesn't paint his nails, or wear make up at all. That would fall under Crossdressing.
    I may not be perfect, but parts of me are pretty awesome!

Complete Geek and Girl gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Ludwyna View Post
    Metro =>you take care of your appearance (face and all, manucure, creams...) like a girl. It can give you an androgyne look.

Crossdresser =>you wear female clothes.
    The clothes thing is what matters here. It's not the same thing.

Maths : CD=Metro+clothes+voice+attitude
    The aim here it not to get an androgyne look but a female look.

So no. A metro is not a CD. A CD is not a metro.

Just my opinion.
    i completely agree with this opinion. I couldn't have said it better

Thumbs up thanks

thanks thats kinda what i said too.i tend to lean way more towards feminine than masculin.but i guess when im en drab i look androgenious to her cuz im down playing the fem parts.

Although I agree with how everyone hase defined the differences between metrosexuals and Crossdressers, I am greatful for the metros and am a bit of one myself in drab. I feel better and sexy in a different sort of way when well groomed in drab and dress to show off my features. I have a pretty good body for my age, and lean to the slender side. Good grooming, caring for the skin, hair etc as well as dressing well is metro. It is also a good way to be drab if you are still deep in the closet as I am....Dee

Quote Originally Posted by jenifer m. View Post
    Either you haven't shown her the full treatment, or your sweet wife is charmingly naive. But she does have a point, sorta. CDers and metros aren't twins, but they may be kissing cousins. Second cousins, on your mother's side.

I've been called Metrosexual a number of times. I am always referred to as that when in guy mode. I shop at the Buckle and wear a lot of "over the top" clothes that are really designed to be flashy or get attention.

It has very little to do with being a woman or cd. Most if you think of what a gay guy would wear to a dance club. That is probably pretty my the image of what a Metrosexual is.

Here is Wikipedia's definition:

Metrosexual man, the single young man with a high disposable income, living or working in the city (because that’s where all the best shops are), is perhaps the most promising consumer market of the decade. In the Eighties he was only to be found inside fashion magazines such as GQ, in television advertisements for Levis jeans or in gay bars. In the Nineties, he’s everywhere and he’s going shopping.

Kisses,

Allie

Other than the brow pencil you are Metro, which is simply a clean appearance. Crossdressing is the wearing of womens clothing
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Quote Originally Posted by Mirani View Post
    Metro guy presents as a guy.

CD guy presents as female. Not rocket science .....
    Why is this so complicated?
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

my opinion

I would consider that crossdressing. Metrosexual to me is caring about your hair, the way you dress, but there is no sign of female attire or makeup.
    Trisha Simone

On the other hand, if your wife sees the connection, why argue. There's a lot worse comparisons than that one.

thanks everyone

thanks my wife and i spoke,and i showed her all your replies and we jokingly decided that im a full time crossdresser, and a part time metro when en drab.so we both were right i guess.

I dont think so since metro dosnt mean you wear womens clothing

Duality sometimes hurts.. PetiteDuality's Avatar
    Actually, I'm think that I'm being converted from crossdresser to metro.

For example, I recently shaved my legs, chest and stomach. I haven't dressed much since, but I like the way I look this way as a guy, not having the urge to present myself as a woman as it occurred before.

It has happened a lot since I started working out and watching what I eat. I'm kind of happier with my male appearance.

CDer and Metro-Guy

Lets see........a CDer dresses like and often act like a woman with the desire to be passable/untraceable in public hoping and wishing to be treated like them ladies. On the other hand a metro-Guy is a well/super groomed guy enhancing his "beauty" or rather handsomeness by using a very light make-up or for lack of better word its a guy that perpetuate himself in enhancing his looks most of the time or all the time with no intention at all to look like or to pass or present as a woman.