Thread: Every time...

Every time...

Any time I go out anywhere public, dressed as my male self and I use a restroom, another man will walk in, stand at the doorway, peer back at the restroom label, then look at me and say, "You know you are in the wrong restroom, right?" I really get a kick out of it. I thought, hmm, no breasts, decently broad shoulders...Hmph, must be the long blonde hair.

Then the other day, my friend was showing me pictures of myself that he snuck in (I don't like my picture taken and he knows it). I looked right at myself and said, "Who is that girl?" Then I realized it was me. So I guess it is easy to mistake me for a female, even in my male mode.

That ever happen to any of you girls?

Tristen Cox
    Nope not even when my hair was long. There seemed to be a fad at that time that women liked guys with long hair. I wonder why that opinion changed. Shame

living life to the full Jamie M's Avatar
    See now you're just rubbing it in for the rest of us aren't you Katie

hehe , no that's never happened to me , in my male mode i think i'm pretty definately male. I think you've set a precedent now though , we all want to judge forourselves don't we girls so come on with those pics
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

My Facebook Page

Ive got long hair too, but it doesnt look really girly (my mum said I should cut it, so I guess I never will )

........Melissa..........
    We have to weather the storm before we can enjoy the sunshine

Aspiring Member
    I used to have quite long hair (shaggy style perm) and I work in a public environment, and a couple of times people have said "excuse me, Miss" ....... then when I turned they'd say ... "oh sorry" - I told them not to worry, it didn't bother me!

When I had really long hair(halfway down my back in length).I would see guys behind me on the highway speed up to check out the girl driving the car.I loved their reaction when they saw my full beard.That was, of course,before I started pumping iron and developed chest,shouders and arms.I don't think I would pass from behind anymore.
    Love and Hugs,
    Priscilla

For the pictures part of the request, I'd first have to get my mitt's on a camera.

That also happens to me a lot. People will see me from behind and say "Excuse me, miss". And yet again a similar thing happened to me. Some teenagers in another car ahead of us seen some of my friends and I in the car and backed up, winking. I was laughing really hard.

The part I can't believe though is that I thought I was a girl myself...up close in a picture. I can't get that out of my head.

Several years ago I was shopping with my mother and several of the women doing those sample tables throughout the store kept saying 'Ma'am' and grabbing my elbow. I was honoured to be sure. But nowadays with my thinning hair it doesn't happen so much in public. The phone, however, is a whole 'nother story. Part of my job is customer service repair and collections. When one of our sales people ticks off a customer I call them for the save, so to speak. I can't tell you how many times those ministers and pastors have called me 'Ma'am' on the phone. Stills gives me a giggle everytime it happens.

Ericka Jean
    Existence is futile.

Platinum Member
    just say thanks and no peeking .....

Melissa's So here just letting you know that I have always loved long hair on Guys always will, another reason for M not to cut her hair....Just love long hair full stop....
    We have to weather the storm before we can enjoy the sunshine

Apperantly some of my friends in an online game I had always thought I was a girl because of my personality. This just keeps getting better and better...

It's hard to type this. My nail on my left pointer finger got snagged and torn a little, so I have ro imprevise with my middle finger.

That ever happen to you?

When you dress do you use the womens restroom? I've always wondered what I should do about that. I usually hold it when I'm out.

I had long blonde Marsha Bradey hair in the late '70's. My co-workers often told me to "grow tits or get a haircut". I just wish I had picked option A.

I'll take the pink one.
    "Just be honest, be faithful and have fun" ~ my wife

Tristen Cox
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigrid
    I had long blonde Marsha Bradey hair in the late '70's. My co-workers often told me to "grow tits or get a haircut". I just wish I had picked option A.
    I had to think for a second, thank gawd you didn't say Cindy Eeeeew!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tristen Cox
    I had to think for a second, thank gawd you didn't say Cindy Eeeeew!!!!
    Now, it's more like Alice.

I'll take the pink one.
    "Just be honest, be faithful and have fun" ~ my wife

Tristen Cox
    The butcher's not gonna like that :-