Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dressing in womans clothes... without dressing like a woman

Dressing in womans clothes... without dressing like a woman

Hmm, does that even make sense? Well, it doesn't matter. I wonder what other people's thoughts are on this, and whether it's a stage which most of you have gone through.
    At the monent, I wear many articles of womans cloths, but I don't dress to look look explicitly female (although I do look feminine as a consequence - not a bad thing of course!) Let me explain (warning: long post ahead! Like I said elsewhere, this is the first time I'm talking about this sort of thing, so I have a lot to say! I hope you don't mind if I get my 'story' off my chest.)

For me, it just started with gloves. Womans gloves are so much more elegant than mens! I love the shape they give my hands. Next, it was coats - my mum was going to give one of her old coats to a charity shop, but I asked to take it for myself. After a small objection from her of 'but it's a womans coat,' it was mine! Slightly too big, so I nipped it at the waist a bit more using my meager sewing skills. After seeing the curve of my back reflected in my coat, and seeing that beautiful hourglass shape... there's no going back to those shapeless mens coats.
    Next came knee-high socks. But as far as I'm concerned, there's no difference between womans and mens socks, except womans come in much funkier designs. And under trousers, who'll know how far they go?
    Now we're getting nearer the present. A few recent shopping trips for new trousers ended completely unsuccessfully. Upon deciding that they don't make mens trousers with a 36" leg, I decided to look at the womans sections. What do you know, a perfect fitting pair straight away!
    But then there was the problem of... y'know... bulging. So I learned how to tuck. Feeling like that ugly thing isn't hanging around down there is sooo great! Inevitably the womans underwear came (just days ago, actually.) I can't believe how comfortable it is! Although I got the sizes a little wrong, that just means I get to buy more, yay!
    Oh, I should also mention that I've been growing my hair since I was 16 (nearly 24 now) and I straighten it.

(Hmm, I see now that that's not much of a story. It basically boils down to me liking to look feminine but not having to confidence to try and look like an actual female.)

But, as of right now at least, that's where it ends (thank you for reading this far, by the way!) Here you have a guy wearing womans everything, except for shirt and shoes (although, I did very recently buy a 38" pair of trousers because they'd look great in heels...) A guy wearing womans clothes... without trying to look like a woman. Is this a normal stage crossdressers go through? Perhaps a diet flavour of crossdressing? If anybody else went through this sort of phase, how long before you went all the way?
    Last edited by ソSophieフィ; 02-27-2010 at 06:10 PM.

I wouldn't call it "a stage" to be gone through. I dress like that almost everyday. Mostly because I don't own any more guy clothes. Now, I don't wear skirts or full makeup everyday but what ever I happen to be wearing is some kind of ladies clothing. Jeans, or dress trousers, shirt or neutral blouse, shoes, and of course the trinity of underthings.
    This works well for and I find it to be a special treat to be able to get out my wig, makeup box, and forms for a fun filled day.
    I call it by it's popular name as "under the radar" or drab drag. If I happen to put on a bit of foundation and light lippy, it just gives a nice touch to the other wise boring day.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Sophies Choice

If your enjoying yourself carry on and if you get the urge try to answer it asap lest the tension mounts!

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    Hi Sophie...

For some it is not a stage to be passed through. Privately I wear female attire because I enjoy doing so. It feels and looks nicer than many of the male clothes I have and I simply feel more relaxed doing so. I do not wear makeup nor wigs to try to be or look as feminine as possible although I do wear forms to replicate the shape. My voice is my voice and all mannersims pretty much remain male. For me I am simply a man in women's clothing.

From what I have read many others do go through this as a stage, though. Maybe it is a phase for you, too, although maybe not but hopefully there will be some fun over the years in finding out

Veronica

I've always found women's clothes far more fun than men's - more choice, more textures, more variety, etc.. Once you start, it's then easy to get hooked! Like you I find girl's clothes far more comfortable. I went through a thong phase for a few years and couldn't understand why some GGs hate them... worked far better for me than boxers or jockeys!

So.. a phase? Could be, but then again we are such a diverse bunch of people here... do what feels good!

Kaz xx

Kaz, I hear you about the thongs! Of the small selection of underwear I bought a few days ago, a thong was among them. More comfortable than any boxers or briefs I've ever worn before, and only beaten my my new pair of polka dot panties! It's slightly too small though... I'll have to learn to tape myself up if I want to wear it.
    I'm glad to hear that this - wearing womans clothes without trying to look like a woman - is fairly natural. I was worried it might have been a bit strange to just go halfway like that, like a Ken doll wearing a few of Barbie's garments but not actually wanting to look like a Barbie.
    Speaking of Ken, do people noticed if your trousers are a bit too smooth at the front, when you're out as a male?

Wink i do it too

i do it too, i will go almost every whare in full drag i just dont come off as female.i wear girly tees sports bras pull up womans jeans pantys pantyhose clogs or mocs or womans sneakers clear polish eye shadow brow pencil clear lip gloss blush mascara anklets toe rings camis even have a few nice liz claborne shirts i wear around. so im in full female dress but at a glance no one can tell im dressed.its great to be out all day in nothing but womans clothes.im addicted to it now.its hard to wear an all male outfit any more in fact i havent in over a year.i even wear pantys at the gym,and an anklet too.i just cant do all drab any more.
    just a florida girly girl...................................what in the world can make this brown eyed girl turn blue(roxette)

Quote Originally Posted by ソSophieフィ View Post
    Speaking of Ken, do people noticed if your trousers are a bit too smooth at the front, when you're out as a male?
    I doubt that many guys are out there looking at that area.
    My daily presentation is totally fem except for the work shirt uniform.
    Sister will you…
    Make believe…
    Play dress up…
    Let me be the Princess…
    Tell me stories in the dark…
    Always be my friend?

lol sophie! i cant agree and understand more!... when i am shopping in drab, i've learned the more dressed up or metro i look, the better responses i get from sale associates when i am shopping for women's clothing. i act somewhat pleasant and very kind so they basically assume i am gay...

its my belief thats theres nothing more feminine to wear as a top than women's sweaters - long, vest, cable-knit, turtleneck, w\e... being chunky or thick, they hide my shoulders very well... but with my 'trying to be metro' approach, i started wearing some of the women's sweaters that i purchased to wear for myself as Kayla, I would wear them as myself in DRAB... everything male, jeans, shoes, hairgel, etc... just a feminine women's sweater. again, now when i have questions to associates, they already know the answer that i am shopping for myself probably.

lol but yes, its amazing to mix feminine pieces into my male attire... i have started wearing nutral colored lipstick as well as some mascara too now. lol its fun! glad to see im not the only one with these thoughts and expressions!
    Kayla - new member to the forums :-)

Just out and about with my SO yesterday in total femmewear but not girly. My wife only doesn't mind what I wear as long as I don't have makeup, earrings or a bra when we go shopping. I think she just wants to have both her husband and favorite girl friend along.

Quote Originally Posted by irenetancd View Post
    Hi Sophie, I realized that you are a new member here. Just wanna give you a warm welcome
    Thanks for the welcome! Wow, everyone here is so nice. So different from the rest of the internet.
    Anyway, I'm sure I'll replace the last piece of male clothing I wear - shirts - with female styles before long. Above all, male shirts are just boring, so I look forward to increasing my range of choices tenfold! But I still get a bit nervous brousing through the womans section of stores. Of course I could make something up like 'I'm shopping for my girlfriend' and no-one would have any reason to doubt me, but still... I usually find myself overcome with nerves and have walk away sooner than I'd like. Is this natural, something you just have to overcome?

There are many aspects of cross dressing and you do not need to want to be a woman to enjoy wearing the clothes, so it is not necessarily a stage that you are going through only time will tell .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I have been a Crossdresser since age 6 or 7. I am now age 77, so that means I have been a CD for 70 years! When I was a wee lad I did think about becoming a lady, but as I grew older that thought completely left me. I do love to wear nice feminine things, but do not now have any desire to be a female.

My normal daily clothing is all feminine underthings. Since my dear late wife, who was the best fan of my CD'ing, passed away some years ago I go out a lot dressed totally as a female but without any wig or makeup. My dear wife took care of that for me! As I said, I wear feminine underthings almost all the time. But my outer wear is dictated by what I am going to be doing. Although I am semi-retired I am still an Insurance agent. So if I have business to take care of, my outer wear is drab!! Otherwise, I am most often a guy in girls clothes!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I injoy the whole GNO thing immensely,getting all dressed up and doing my best to pass as female. But I have to do things on an every day basis in order to keep my sanity. Like shaving legs and arm pits. I under dress every day. Panties yep, even at the doctors office. I have about 4 pair of fem jeans. You guessed it. That's all I pull out of the draw.lol. They are streach jeans and they fit sooooo good. My shorts in summer are womans. They show a lot more leg than those ugly mens shorts. Sandels, I love my womans LL Bean sandels. Blouses well not yet. I don't have that much courage. Sweaters I do though. And coats too. I also have a great purple cable hat that I love so and have been wearing all winter.

So you could say that for the most part I wear womans clothes. At least some womans clothes all of the time. And I have to say, I love it.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

That's totally me. I don't ever want to look like a woman, but I do love dressing in women's stuff. For me, this isn't a stage but what I want to do. It feels correct and normal to me. As for why I wear women's clothing? Its about me feeling normal and more like myself. Usually wearing women's stuff isn't about me feeling sexy or getting a "charge" from it. It's just what makes me feel like ME!

Just have fun!

The diversity of the people who frequent this forum is amazing! I’ve always thought of my self as an all or nothing crossdresser. If I’m crossdressing I want to look like a woman !

That being said, I’m finding enjoyment shopping while “blended.” Last Saturday I went shopping and the only non-girl clothing I had on were sneakers, a long baggy sweat shirt, and a winter coat; all of which could be worn by a woman dressed casually for our cold North Dakota winters; but no makeup or wig. I did it this way because I simply don’t have the makeup and wig I need to present totally feminine – still recovering from my last purge !

So yes, it’s fun to just wear the clothing! But I can’t wait to get back up to speed and full fem ahead !
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

Sophie - The word that comes to mind is unisex. I do it with things that are not hidden, otherwise I wear traditionally feminine clothing and try to adopt feminine manerisms.

This thread has put a big smile on my face. Almost everything I wear, except for my watch and glasses, are female clothes. I have been doing this for so long now, I just have not given this any thought.

I have more bras than my wife does. I do not even think I own any male underwear anymore. Socks? Nothing but opague knee-hi's. I will not wear anything else unless it is cold and then I shift to hose. I do wear white socks with sneakers, but even those are anklets and yes, there are girl's sneakers. Pants? All girls jeans and chords.

Funny thing is, I do not believe anyone notices or cares. I have been caught a couple of times by female friends that I had a bra on. The first time this happened I thought the world was going to end. It did not. As a matter of fact, the reaction was quite the opposite. I was met with more curiousity than anything else. One of them insisted on seeing whether mine were bigger than hers. We did compare and she won. I still think it was a win-win for both us!

Anyway, I do like what I wear. Thanks for reminding it is all girl stuff!
    Last edited by AllyM; 03-01-2010 at 06:15 PM.
    Ally

I can identify with the OP. When dressing at home I am all in female clothes (and wig) but I don't particularly think of myself as imitating, much less being, a woman. I just like the look and the feel of the clothes.
    Things are slightly different when I go out as Ruth. Then I am consciously trying to pass as a woman, so even if the clothes are similar, I am making more effort to adopt feminine mannerisms and movements. I do this partly because I like the challenge of trying to pass, and partly because I prefer not to be making the statement in public of being a man in women's clothes (cowardice, you might call it).
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

I wear mostly womens clothing. While in drab I only wear a "T" shirt and size 13 footwear that are male attire, Everthing else is fem. I also straighten my hair or it will be out to the edge of my shoulder. It's curly and poofy.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Hey Sophie!
    Im in the same boat! I find that I enjoy women's clothing a lot and enjoy looking more feminine at times. I don't try to fill the box of a crossdresser just some one who enjoys wearing other clothes! Your alot luckier then I am with the clothes and all but hey we all have our stories!
    Cheers,
    Em
    ~Eva

:SirTrey:

I don't think it's a "stage" for me, just something that I do on a regular basis. I suspect it's more common than you may have expected.

I wear almost exclusively women's apparel in "stealth mode", I wear semi-casual clothing, and all but my shirt is for "her" almost every day.

Jesse

I can relate.

On weekends I mostly wear clothes from ladies collection but still present as a guy. I call this Gender Blending. Weekdays I dress as a guy but underdress with a cami, panties and trouser socks. I have to wear some supportive knee highs for circulation so I play with colors with the trouser socks over them.

When I go to Sunday services I am wearing full ladies wear (slacks). Including heels of some form, usually a chunky heel. I find this very expressive of who I feel I am. Sure, I love getting all girled up on some nights to go out but that even takes more time.

My girl wardrobe far out numbers my guy wardrobe so why not wear it more often? I have never had anyone say anything bad about what I was wearing. I have had complements on a sweater or a blouse or a color working for me. So like any girl, I'm going to keep wearing my finest and hope for the next complement

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I give u one to two years, MAX!

Quote Originally Posted by ソSophieフィ View Post
    Hmm, does that even make sense? Well, it doesn't matter. I wonder what other people's thoughts are on this, and whether it's a stage which most of you have gone through.

Is this a normal stage crossdressers go through? Perhaps a diet flavour of crossdressing? If anybody else went through this sort of phase, how long before you went all the way?
    Judging by MY experience, Sophie!

I started with jeans, hose, heels. I liked to wear these around the house!
    Went on to wigs, bras with socks in them. Tried under dressing while out.

Soon after, I was buying breast enhancers, dresses, skirts, tops, girdles, and anything I thot looked cute from thrift stores! In less than 2 years, I was dressing completely, or not at all.

Then, I became so disappointed with my images in the mirror, I nearly quit entirely!

About that time, while experimenting, Sherry appeared!

Considering all the time and effort she requires, I look forward to getting BACK to your stage of casual, partial dressing!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Reminds me of a line I read here---"Those aren't woman's clothes, those are MY clothes!"
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"