Thread: Wonderful compliment from my "Bank Girls"

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.

Wonderful compliment from my "Bank Girls"

Being that my ever-hungry stomach and my wallet were both in the same condition - empty - I decided to get some lunch. I heard a Carl's Junior Big Carl combo calling my name. No. Seriously. It kept on calling! It left numerous messages, and even Facebook-stalked me. Odd.

Anyway, being the kind of girl that can take a hint, I drove to the bank for some lunch money. As I walked in, I received a chorus of happy hellos. Gosh, I love that sound.

As I walked up to the window, the teller said, "Well, obviously you're working today." I said that yes, it was very obvious whether or not I was at work or on a play/shopping day by how I was dressed. She said, "You really need to come out at work. That way you could dress up every day. You're sooo much prettier as a woman!" I said that my wife would probably mind the fact that I was a woman full-time. She said, "Oh, she'd get over it. Heck, I wish my husband looked like you do. He's fat and bald, smells funny, is lazy, . . ." She laughed and continued, "You are pretty, happy, are always nice, and have great fashion sense. What woman wouldn't like that? Gee, who would I rather snuggle up against, someone who is scratchy, hairy and smelly, or someone who is smooth and smells pretty? Plus, I could steal your clothes, not that they'd fit!"

The other teller said, "Oh, totally! You're so pretty! We always love when you come in here, and believe me, we all watch you when you leave. We all do this:" and she raised her eyebrows, dropped her jaw and tilted her head to the side, miming watching some walk out the door. The first teller said, "You're just so pretty and put together. You have beautiful clothes, you walk and move like a dancer, and you just put all of us to shame. We're all so jealous." I protested, accused them of thinking like girls and equating skinny-ness with beauty. The younger teller said, "Oh, come on! We know what beauty is. It's not just your clothes or your body - which is incredible, by the way, and not skinny - it's the way you carry yourself. When you come in here, looking all fabulous, it's your confidence that makes you beautiful. You are so comfortable being a woman and are so beautiful on the inside, that it makes you beautiful on the outside. We don't see a guy wearing women's clothes. We see a woman." I thanked them for this sweet compliment and said that I was comfortable being me, as it was the only thing I knew how to be.

The first teller asked me if I had a fun weekend planned. I told her that I had Reserves. She asked what I did, and I told her that I loaded bombs. Small world, her husband does the same thing, but in an active-duty unit on base. She asked if anyone in the military knew about my dressing. I said I didn't think so (I didn't want to go into my last physical, and all the fun that was!), and Don't Ask, Don't Tell helped a bit there, even though I was straight. I said that I was my unit's designated girl, responsible for social planning, recognition and the like, and said that someone at the unit must know there's something different about me. She said, "Oh, honey! Please! Everyone knows. Trust me! You are such a girl. You can't hide it simply by being a guy. Maybe the guys there don't know, but trust me - it's totally obvious to every other woman on the planet." We laughed and she asked me if I had ever been to Iraq, as her husband had just returned from there. I said that I had been a few times. We talked a bit about our experiences. She said that her husband hated wearing all of the body armor. I agreed that it was uncomfortable, but then again, so were pantyhose, a bra, and a pinchy pair of heels. She said, "Pantyhose I can do without, and I usually wear flats, but with these jugs, a bra is not an option" as she hefted her breasts. We giggled at that and the younger teller said, "Speaking of boobs, why can't I see yours right now? Are you wearing a minimizer bra or something?" I laughed and said, "Ummmmm, because they're in a box right now." She looked puzzled. I explained that my boobs were attachable, and therefore removable - that they weren't real. She asked where I got them. I said Debra Lynn's mastectomy supply. She said, kind of loudly, "You mean that you bought your own boobs? That is so cool! Tell us about it! At this, I turned around to see who else was in the bank. When I came in, there was no one. Now, there were three guys in the line. Oops! Part of me wondered what those three guys were thinking. Of course, it was a very small part, most of me was thinking that I didn't care what the three guys were thinking.

I told her I would tell her about my girls another time. I asked her if she had been practicing her walking. She smiled and said she had, and did a turn behind the counter. I said, "Very impressive! And I say that as both a guy and a girl!" We laughed, I collected my money and out I went.

So, what is the lesson from this from those wonderful genetic girls we strive to emulate? Simple; Our best beauty secret is our confidence. To be the best woman we can be on the outside, be the best woman you can be on the inside. Accept yourself, and others will accept you in kind.

What do you think?

Kathi

Such a wonderful story. Was funny when you turned to notice the guys standing in line waiting their turn. Can only imagine what they were thinking.
    "The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
    -Walter Bagehot

AIM: KendraAmaya
    kendra.amaya@gmx.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    So, what is the lesson from this from those wonderful genetic girls we strive to emulate? Simple; Our best beauty secret is our confidence. To be the best woman we can be on the outside, be the best woman you can be on the inside. Accept yourself, and others will accept you in kind.

What do you think?

Kathi
    Hey girl - you have nailed it!
    Mirani - [meer-rahn-nee] Beauty to Behold; to "See" beauty

That's a lovely story, Kathi. Do you always dress on your days away from work? I wish I could do that. :-)

I go into a bank and all they say is: "You're late again on your loan."

Kathi -- Really enjoyed this story. It's so nice when you can talk about girl things with GG's who are really interested in you.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Platinum Member
    Dream it, live it - my daughter says. sounds like you've been able to do both!

but I have a question - my guess is that many, if not most GGs are very comfortable with CDs in general, but maybe less accepting within thier own families. (excepting the one lady who complained about her balding, scratchy husband .

It would be interesting to find out how those ladies would feel about brother, husband or son (with or without your courage and grace) who was also a CD

Quote Originally Posted by Kendra Amaya View Post
    Can only imagine what they were thinking.
    Probably, "Could you girls hurry up!" or "Wait, h bought his boobs? What?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mirani View Post
    Hey girl - you have nailed it!
    My wife is the same way - she's not your standard beauty, but her inner beauty lights up the room.

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieSD View Post
    Do you always dress on your days away from work? I wish I could do that. :-)
    Not every day, but quite a lot, it seems. What use is a "mental health" day if it doesn't increase your mental health?

Quote Originally Posted by SherriePall View Post
    It's so nice when you can talk about girl things with GG's who are really interested in you.
    It is! The secret is really simple. Be interested in them.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    It would be interesting to find out how those ladies would feel about brother, husband or son (with or without your courage and grace) who was also a CD
    I have asked this of my friends in the past. Their responses run the gamut from "Hmmmm, you're right. I don't know how I'd feel if it were someone close to me" to "If they were as well-adjusted as you, then I wouldn't have a problem with it. You're totally normal to me. It's every other guy that's messed up!"

Kathi
    Last edited by Kathi Lake; 03-02-2010 at 06:50 PM.

Kathy that is amazing. Isn't it nice to have that vote of confidence from those we meet and associate with. Today I was walking through the building at work and a female faculty member stopped me. She said, when I started my transition, she supported my decission but with conditions and that one would be not to look better than her. Well today I was informed that I failed miserably, and then she gave me a hug as we walked to her office. Ooooops

Teri

Terri, what a wonderful compliment, and a wonderful affirmation! Don't you just love how women - the majority of them anyway - accept us? What wonderful creations!

Kathi

You are such a girl Kathy. You loved every minute of thier attention and of course we were waiting for the responces.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

I have to agree 110%
    Michelle

Talking

All I can say is " your fab ". I just wish I could have a job that I could see my home more then 6 or 7 days of the month. I would be like you going out most days. I was not sure if I should read your story just yet , so I paged down and saw no " well write more later". Thanks for not makeing this a cliff hanger. I saw you post and said "oh hell no I will wait untill she's done writing her dam &@&# book before I read it"!!! It was great duh of course it was after you wrote it. Love ya girl friends. Keep up the good work and most of all have fun.... Like I need to remind you to have fun .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Christina, my gorgeous neighbor to the north,

I don't always write cliffhangers, do I? (batting eyelashes innocently)

Glad I could provide a "quick read" this time.

Sherri, it's not that I like the attention. It's more that I like the friendship, the camaraderie, the bonding and girl-talk. Anyone can get compliments. Not everyone can have friends.

Kathi

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    Sherri, it's not that I like the attention. It's more that I like the friendship, the camaraderie, the bonding and girl-talk. Anyone can get compliments. Not everyone can have friends.

Kathi

That's it! For me, years ago, it was all about the dressing. Now it is all about feeling good, fitting in, and, like you said, the friendship, camaraderie, bonding, and girl-talk.

You go girl!
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Gold Member
    Yep Kathi, confidence really is the key, plus looking totally awesome when dressed. It's really cool to hear gg's accepting and complimenting your femm side so well. I would LOVE to see you in action sometime just to see how you interact and present yourself while out and about. Thanks for the story.

That's a wonderful story..
    i'm really glad you can enjoy yourself as a woman.
    It sure does feel good

Another great story Kathi. And they are so right when they say it's all about how you carey yourself. Well almost all, your looks does help ya know. I do have to disagree about woman wanting a man like you/us. Maybe in your world but here in Maine NO! You see my ex says that my cd'ing was the biggest part of our divorice. My shaved legs and on and on. Woman here in Maine do seem to like the beer drinking, burping, hairy, stinky, smelly pig of a man. I can not figure it out. I can say this because in my search for a new mate I keep finding that woman say they want a nice guy. But they really don't. Maybe I should move out west. Western girls must be different. You are so lucky to have the relationships that you have with woman. go girl go.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

Kathi,

What a lovely story! You are such an inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    That's it! For me, years ago, it was all about the dressing. Now it is all about feeling good, fitting in, and, like you said, the friendship, camaraderie, bonding, and girl-talk.
    So true! I find I get so much enjoyment - and not just the transitory enjoyment I used to get from dressing - by the friendships I have with these wonderful women.

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda09 View Post
    I would LOVE to see you in action sometime just to see how you interact and present yourself while out and about.
    Hmmm, instead of pictures, maybe I should make a video one of these days - kind of a "Man on the street" video, except I would be a man only in genetic and legalistic terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn Michele View Post
    It sure does feel good
    Kaitlyn (Lovely name, by the way. My daughter's name is Caitlin), you are sooo right. It does feel good. I certainly enjoy myself as a woman. Then again, I'm not that bright, and find that I can enjoy myself in about any situation!

Quote Originally Posted by paulaN View Post
    Woman here in Maine do seem to like the beer drinking, burping, hairy, stinky, smelly pig of a man. I can not figure it out.
    Paula, that's so sad! It seems that some women feel that they are damaged goods, and therefore don't feel they deserve a nice guy. They enter into abusive relationship after abusive relationship, and never feel that the cycle can be broken. Pity. There are women out there that believe that one of us would be quite a catch - though they're few and far between.

Quote Originally Posted by LisaM View Post
    What a lovely story! You are such an inspiration.
    Lisa, I get my inspiration from you and the other people here on this board. They make my exploits seem "comic book-ish" by comparison. Take, for example, the lovely Zenith; For someone to transition in a spotlight takes some serious cojónes - whether they're there or not! Kimberly and her "Flying Pretty" adventures. Suzanne and her mega-snowball fights. Sara and her befriending every makeup artist and boutique owner in Southern California.

I'm just me - someone who gave up caring about what people thought long enough to find out that most of them really don't care about me and what I do. It's who I am that matters.

Kathi

Kathi

Dear you are missing out, you should set up a lunch date with those wonderful women. I know you'd all have a great time.

Hugs
    Dana Fleming

Go Kathy!

Fun post as always Kathy!
    Mina Lost aka Lynda