Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me or.... ??

Is it just me or.... ??

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed the trend towards message threads on here that have a primary message that is simply too good to be true (or a lie as we call it).

Threads talking about the most far fetched contrived happenings, daughters outing their dads and being 'totally cool' and their teen friends discussing their bras at the breakfast table in front of adults.... Bank clerks who can't believe you're a Mr.... You look 'that fem' when you're out.

Come ON !!! Give me some credit when it comes to spotting BS when it's being served up to me.

I've been away from the forum here for a long time, and now, having returned to it for just a week if that.... I find I remember why I decided not go away.

I know I sound cynical... It's true... because I AM cynical. I also know I will probably get a heap of "you are 'so' wrong" messages too... I don't really care. Let me leave you with this... Next time you read a thread, ask yourself if it's true... and then ask yourself again... if it's REALLY true or do you just wish so hard that it was true (maybe even that it would happen to you), that it starts to look true even though it's obvious, and utter cods wallop.

I'm not saying it's everyone... But face it... It's happening.

In the closet - for now. Shadeauxmarie's Avatar
    Sometimes truth is strange than fiction. Sometimes, it's just fiction. C'est la vie!
    May you live long and prosper.
    Infinite diversity in infinite combinations.
    "Smiling makes my face ache." F. N. Furter

It's not just you....

I am skeptical too. I am of the opinion that your BS meter is probably working just fine.

Someone lying about their child's understanding would be a pathetic person- people tend not to go there regarding their children, I'd be shocked if that was the case.
    Some people ARE understanding/supportive, it's not a totally hate-filled world out there.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

I think much of what you here is true. For those that are out and about quite often they meet the same people all the time. These people have gotten to the point of making compliments just to put a smile on your face. A GG friend of mine has seen me dressed in about thirty different outfits. I don't feel that I pass ( I dress too young for my age). She has still made it a point to tell me how beautiful I look on numerous occasions without being asked. She has done the same in my opinion. I know of at least two of the stories you have mentioned and believe both.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Are you saying that people fib on the internet?! Nah, say it aint so!

If you thinking someone is not telling the truth, why not just tell them in a nice way, of course, and see what happens instead of making such a broad accusatory statement? I have recently read all of the instances that you mentioned above, and from reading a lot of threads by the same person, I do believe her. Some of the others may not be true. However, I didn't feel that way after reading the posts and so I can easily accept what they wrote as true. Instead of looking at the BS side of everything, try the positive and more trusting approach. You may find a cure for your cynicism. These are public posts where they are not selling anything and you are not buying anything, and no one gets hurt. So why get up tight about it?

LOL... I know exactly why you started this thread and it's so true!!! My radar is pretty good... 12 yr old kids talking with their friends dad about the bras they bought?? LOL... and I'm the Queen of Sheba
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    If you thinking someone is not telling the truth, why not just tell them in a nice way, of course, and see what happens instead of making such a broad accusatory statement? I have recently read all of the instances that you mentioned above, and from reading a lot of threads by the same person, I do believe her. Some of the others may not be true. However, I didn't feel that way after reading the posts and so I can easily accept what they wrote as true. Instead of looking at the BS side of everything, try the positive and more trusting approach. You may find a cure for your cynicism. These are public posts where they are not selling anything and you are not buying anything, and no one gets hurt. So why get up tight about it?

Thank you Allie, u saved me from a lot of typing.
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/

It's just you.

Well, sometimes my BS meter gets pegged, but I read what I read and if I don't like it I just find another thread.

I love confrontation and debate at times, but when I'm here I'm here to relax, not question.

All I know on the "bra" thread is that there is NO WAY IN H3ll that I or my friends would have sat there discussing our underwear or bras in front of my dad or my friends dads.
    It would have felt creepy to me as a teenager to have a grown man not only be standing there listening to our talking about boys and bras but also embarrassing.
    And why on top of that did this person know the size of the 12 year old friends bra???

Quote Originally Posted by Jayme View Post
    Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed the trend towards message threads on here that have a primary message that is simply too good to be true (or a lie as we call it).

Threads talking about the most far fetched contrived happenings, daughters outing their dads and being 'totally cool' and their teen friends discussing their bras at the breakfast table in front of adults.... Bank clerks who can't believe you're a Mr.... You look 'that fem' when you're out.

Come ON !!! Give me some credit when it comes to spotting BS when it's being served up to me.

I've been away from the forum here for a long time, and now, having returned to it for just a week if that.... I find I remember why I decided not go away.

I know I sound cynical... It's true... because I AM cynical. I also know I will probably get a heap of "you are 'so' wrong" messages too... I don't really care. Let me leave you with this... Next time you read a thread, ask yourself if it's true... and then ask yourself again... if it's REALLY true or do you just wish so hard that it was true (maybe even that it would happen to you), that it starts to look true even though it's obvious, and utter cods wallop.

I'm not saying it's everyone... But face it... It's happening.

I think this stuff occasionally too, but I guess how much you read depends upon how long you spend here.
    A lot of it does seem far fetched, its true and when it seems to serve no purpose it annoys me.

However.
    Some posts like the ones you mention about coming out to/being found out by your children, if not true and a sweet reminder that there is tollerance and acceptance out there, then at the very least, it's a lovely confidence builder for people to find tollerance and acceptance.
    It encourages one to believe that the world isn't a totally cruel place, some bits are, but not all.

Hell, if someone had told me 6 months ago, that by the end of february my fiance would find me out, then in less than 48 hours of this, take me shopping for my own dress and underwear, then days later, buy me more underwear, a skirt, blouse, makeup, costume jewelery and a wig. Then where we are now, I am allowed to dress around the house when my fiance is around (occasionally), then to last weekend, she bought me a new skirt, a top and a pair of shoes (they only JUST fit, but a good learner pair of heels all the same) She's even given me clothing that she doesnt wear anymore....

I would have said that was BS.
    It's true, some things are stranger than fiction. The world is a big place and levels of tollerance will vary by country, region, street and person, so don't be too quick to call BS.
    No two people are the same, no two stories will be the same.
    But of those two stories, one may be lies/embelished truths.
    It's just like anything you read on the net, or in a paper, or see on TV...
    Yeah, it could be a pack of lies, but don't assume that is by default not true.

I sit here now wearing only clothes which my fiance has bout me, not becuase she bought them for me, but because she got me everything I have.
    And I dont just mean clothes, I mean everything. I mean my life is all for her, and I think that is my point here.
    I think the stories that always seem the most truthfull are the ones where real love is either assumed or un-doubted by the reader.
    Love conquers all.
    I love you Emma
    -xxxxxxxxx-
    Samantha -x-

is in her vest
    oh, so there's finally someone as cynical as me here (laughs)

"Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
    Carbon monoxide making sure it's effective
    People ringing up making offers for my life
    But I just wanna stay in the garage all night"
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    These are public posts where they are not selling anything and you are not buying anything, and no one gets hurt. So why get up tight about it?
    Because they hurt the forum, that's why. This isn't a fantasy board, it's for support. If people want to post fantasy, they can go find a board that supports it. This board sends out a message to people, that we are here to support them and it doesn't look good when people make up silly stories like that.
    Administrator

Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

If I see a post that's clearly untrue from what I can tell, I will call the person out on it or simply ignore and move on. I have ony done the shout-out a few times and I've yet to be proven wrong. That said, your broad statement is rather unfair. If you don't believe something in particular, then address that situation as opposed to creating an inflammatory thread like this.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Far-fetched and contrived, eh? OK, I'll bite.

Instead of feeding your troll-like tendencies masquerading as cynicism, let's turn it around. What if the incidents were true?

What if someone's daughter was raised right - to be tolerant, to be accepting - and to think that if her dad wanted to wear earrings and maybe wear a dress that it wasn't the end of the world. That it was OK.

What if some kids were discussing things at the table, and in a fit of girly enthusiasm, forgot that dad was in the kitchen and talked about bras?

What if I did go to the bank Monday, and received the responses that I put in the post?

Just because you haven't received acceptance or friendship doesn't mean that no one else has. There is no reason to have a post like this except to make yourself feel better by tearing others down. Thank you, but if you have a crappy attitude, please don't share.

Kathi

(and I get banned for having a bad attitude in 3 . . . . .2. . . . . )
    Last edited by Kathi Lake; 03-03-2010 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    Thank you, but if you have a crappy attitude, please don't share.
    As opposed to yours? got a lil' attitude going on there yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    (and I get banned for having a bad attitude in 3 . . . . .2. . . . . )
    Don't make me smack you... wait.. no I'm gonna smack you
    Administrator

In fairness Kathi Lake, it was more than some girls
    "in a fit of girly enthusiasm, forgot that dad was in the kitchen and talked about bras?"

It was CREEPY, the poster said that the daughters friend looked right at him and said that he should wear a bra with them.
    The post made me and my partner both think it was inappropriate.

My partner is MtF CD and would NEVER sit and watch my daughter and her friends have intimate conversations about their underwear,
    let alone know what size her friends bras were!

I thought to myself... Wow, someone needs a drink
    That is until I kept reading. And low and behold.... right here in the same thread I think I found out what he was talking about. A big fat fib.

Come on Tamera - you're really NOT "the Queen of Sheba", are you?
    You're much too pretty.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    As opposed to yours? got a lil' attitude going on there yourself
    Well, yeah. A little one.

Sorry, but being called a liar - especially when it is untrue - kinda hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    Don't make me smack you... wait.. no I'm gonna smack you
    Ouch! Hmmmmmm, not bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy's Angel View Post
    In fairness Kathi Lake, it was more than some girls
    "in a fit of girly enthusiasm, forgot that dad was in the kitchen and talked about bras?"

It was CREEPY, the poster said that the daughters friend looked right at him and said that he should wear a bra with them.
    The post made me and my partner both think it was inappropriate.
    Understood, Angel. My point is I think going to Wal-Mart is creepy. Others don't seem to have a problem with it.

The world is filled with people - very different people. What is creepy to one is normal to another. Someone trying to say the world is wrong because it doesn't fit their expectations - that's where I have an issue. Who among us likes to be pigeonholed?

On the bra issue, I have worked with youth, well, . . . pretty much since I was one. There were times when girls did dress the leaders up - bras and all - at summer camps, etc. I didn't see it as perversion, but innocent, goofy fun.

Kathi

Well calling someone a troll for having an opinion is wrong also. Let's just say this is true, which I highly doubt it is, that person had NO business posting it on an open forum for everyone to read. It made him sound creepy, talking about 12 year old girls and bras... seriously... Girls do not talk about personal things like that with their parents, let alone someone elses dad... and it has no business being on this board either, it's wrong.

Argh..... STEPHANIE!!!! ... goddamit... repeat after me... t a m A r a!!! naughty corner for you!! Queen of giving you a smack... hows that
    Administrator

Duality sometimes hurts.. PetiteDuality's Avatar
    I agree that there might be a lot of BS in the forum.

The thing is that I think that it's impossible to know for real, and we should not start a witch hunt looking for liars. We might be wrong in some cases, and since this is a support group, it wouldn't be fair to accuse of lying a sister because we don't believe a story, or had a particular uncommon experience or just doesn't have great writing skills.

IMHO, those innocent "casualties" would be a bad example of CD/TV/TG support.

is in her vest
    maybe the boards should come with a warning

...."wear gumboots if you don't wish to sully your heels as chances are you'll be knee deep in bullshit before you leave"

yeah, that should fix it!....now whats next?

oh, and btw, i have no worries with people stretching the truth a bit, after all i come here to be entertained, and some threads are just that......until they are spoiled by an early demise
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by txkimberly View Post
    are you saying that people fib on the internet?! Nah, say it aint so!
    lmao!