Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do we "need" to be outed?

[SIZE=4]I have been at this for a long time, and during that time I have spoken to, taught classes for, and individually worked with literally thousands of other CDs. (In person, dressed, not online personages) Those that I met openly were already past the inital rush and were simply enjoying the feeling of looking like and feeling like a woman. (Or int he cases of the FtM clients, looking like and feeling like a man) [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I am pretty amused at how closeted CDs want someone, anyone to share their love of the feminine to the point that they toss out little statements in the hopes that people will immediately realize that they are a CD. Most people really don't care, are too into themselves to care about you, or just don't even know what a CD outside of the entertainment industry really looks like.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]In my business (a crossdressed hairstylist) I see so many people that hide behind the most simple things. They believe these simple things (panties under their clothes, wearing a bra with no forms, and so on) will "out" them and they will simply have to confess their most held secret. In fact, they never wait for someone to make assumptions, they blurt it out within the first 15 seconds.(this is porbably because a CD is working with them, I realize that)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Simply be yourself, have fun and don't spend so much time worrying about what others think. It really is over-rated, they don't really care as much about you as you might think. I stand in the public eye virtually everyday and meet total strangers that have never met a CD in their life and are now having their hair cut by one. They feel that they are the ones that now have a cool story to relate, since their own lives hold their own secrets.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Have fun for goodness sakes, don't worry what others think. Just be good at what you do and the public will appreciate it. [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

"Better out than in" I always say.

Be safe. Be smart.

Dawn Marrie
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Outings

Excellent question!I have wondered the same thing.

Why do I feel so excited when I underdress? I inhabit the world of "normal" people, but do so with a secret that only I know.

What motivation caused me, on occassion, to step out of my car in a public parking lot while underdressed but wearing stockings and heels in plain view.

Why was it so incredibly erotic to underdress in front of my ex-wife?

I think that being caught relinquishes a certain amount of our control over the situation. I think, in my own highly submissive case, that this is a very exciting prospect; one that I would love to experience but can't orchestrate.

Heidi

It has always been important for my crossdressing to be a private/secret/personal/nobody's business matter. My wife knows and accepts, but my famiily and workplace cannot (I'd be fired). Anyway..
    I like to dress and makeup completely, and in the over-the-top style I prefer. I don't underdress or partially dress. I stay in more than go out, but I have gone out a lot.
    When I started going out, I liked to stay on the fringes and in the shadows. I wanted to be seen, but not cornered. I wanted the attention, and got it often, even if at a comfortable distance. I pretended to talk on a payphone in a short skirt and high heels and heavy makeup, and got honked and whistled at. I window shopped, wanting to be seen, but not wanting to get too close. And I didn't mind being seen as a crossdresser, maybe even wanting to be seen as one, and wanting to be seen as a good (sexy, pretty) one. I've been into stores, shops, and a mall, on sidewalks, driving around, at drive-in windows, wanting to be seen, but always in control of my escape if needed.
    Going out was good, but I wanted to go IN. So I finally got enough nerve to go to a tg-friendly club in Daytona. Great experience, had a blast. But I never intended to pass as a female. I wore my over-the-top makeup, clothes, and high heels, deep red lipstick and long fake nails painted to match, long eyelashes, and glittery jewelry. From my first step in the door, it was obvious that I was a CD, but that's what I wanted. But I never feared a bad confrontation I feared in the "general public", and nothing bad happened.
    So I guess I wanted to get caught, without really getting caught. Make sense to anyone?

The journey has begun.... Regina's Avatar
    I do not wish to be caught, by family or friends...no one knows about me but those who are on the forum here.

I go out because that's what I feel compelled to do, I get a thrill out of accomplishing the goals that I have set for Regina. When I am out now I am content..but then again I haven't been exposed yet in a store...and if I was I don't think now my path would change, if I couldn't go out I would be one miserable girl!. My goal is to blend in with everyday people to live as Regina fulltime.

This will be tough because being fulltime at work is out of the question, the cirlce of family and friends is small and scattered around. My marriage will end in 2-3 years and that takes the wife out of picture. When retirement comes, I won't be living in Ohio!...going some place where there is no snow!

Regina