Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you have a goal in mind?

Do you have a goal in mind?

[SIZE=4]Kind of an open question, but I meet a lot of CDs and each one has their own agenda. Some of them don't seem to have a direction or a goal, just to be able to dress when they can.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Are you moving toward a distinct goal or just having as much fun as you can? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Are you serious about the goal if you are moving toward it, or just a casual dresser? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]For those of you in transition, bless you for aiming for that star and staying on the path.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I am not sure of my goal, I just seem to cram as much dressing in as I can, and yes, I am very serious about it.[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Banned Read only
    My only goal is to understand. I am considering going ******* quite seriously, but that's part of that overarching goal, not a goal in itself.

I have never really thought about a goal. I just enjoy dressing up when I am able. I have a professional career and family, so my time in "female" is very limited.

I think one goal would be to gain the confidence to one day go out in public. That is a scary thought right now. When I look in the mirror, I do see a lovely girl, but that is just me. Who knows what someone else sees, hears, etc.

look as good as I can

My only goal is to learn enough, practice enough, and get enough stuff, to look as good as I possibly can while crossdressed - and to have fun while I'm doing it!

I have other goals in life too, of course, but as far a crossdressing goes, that's really it.
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

Just having fun

My goal is to feel more comfortable when I'm dressed, look my best, and above all else have fun.
    [SIZE=3]Stacye Rose[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Cleverly disguised as a normal contributing member of society[/SIZE]

Aspiring Member

Excellent question.

This is an excellent question and one that, if answered by CD/TG/TS people for themselves (first, if possible), would satisfy a lot of the questions their SOs, kids, bosses, neighbors, and family will ask them along the way.

To my first SO's questions about "Are you nuts, gay, confused?" etc. I was able to respond, "No, but I think I want to do this, and this and this. It's just some things I want to do."

Nowadays, it might be called a "Bucket List." Having a list means you have an agenda that probably makes SOME sense.

If people can "get it" about your having a list then life is a lot easier.

My current list is very short. I've "been there, done that" with most of things on the list and, with the experiences behind me, I "mine" them for what useful lessons can be applied to life in general.

Frankly, as I consider the question, I don't think I have all that much left to do on the subject. Beyond to encourage others to thoughtfully persue their current interests in life...

Soooo.... This might be a good time for me to find a cure for the common cold.

That's something to do - too.
    Last edited by mklinden2010; 03-10-2010 at 02:07 PM. Reason: spelling

I am one of those "dress for the fun of it and going out whenever I can" types. My goals are on my ever growing bucket list to do more things en femme and stretching my own limits and eliminating fears, which are few at the present time thankfully.

Goals,
    My goals are so varied and I will try to explain a few of them. With that being said here is the list:

1) happiness - paramount
    2) to be me and not him
    3) transition as a female - working on that
    4) HRT - prescription tomorrow afternoon
    5) RLE - 5 months behind me and loving the new me
    6) figure out a way to wear skirts to work, the ladder thing is going to be the issue, LOL
    7) finally is to enjoy the wonderful company of the guys and gals here at CD.com

Snuggles Teri

Goal wise, I would to be able to dress when ever I can and go out and become more comfortable with being out and about dressed lol.

I'll have to say my goals changed. At first it was all about dressing. As time went on I realized (or finally admitted to myself) it was much more than that so my goals changed. From starting to see a therapist, then HRT, then transition at work and start my RLE; it's been a progression of goals to reach.

I've finally reached the point where my goal now is to simply live my life as the woman I am and everything that entails. I'm now fully transitioned in my life. Getting my name and gender legally changed last month was the final goal on my list. The only remaining side note to that is I hope to be post-op before this year ends but if that doesn't happen I can still live my life as me.
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

My goal--to fully dress at least two entire days per week. Am I close to meeting that goal? Not a chance. I am underdressing 5 days a week and fully dressing an average of once every other week for a few hours each time. One day I will get there.

Silver Member
    I just love to dress whenever and as often as I can, if I have a goal then it is to be brave enough to go out dressed, but I have work to do before I get there

Having as much fun as I can!

I'm a hedonistic, voluptuary sybarite, and when not fulfilling the duties of my employment I try to locate as much fun as possible, whether I'm dressed en femme, in drab, or in not much of anything at all. http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...geyelashes.gif At 58 you have to be careful to enjoy life before Daddy takes the T-Bird away!

Of course, as much fun as possible can be, e.g., enjoying a Harry Potter novel as much as anything involved with CD'ing. I know I can't leave TV/CD behind me, but I don't let it control me, either. Life is too short and too random to be defined by a label, isn't it?

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    My goal is best described by Ethel Merman singing at the top of her lungs, "I gotta be me"!

Balancing "me" with the life that I made as a man thats another goal. I gotta be me, but I am sure I don't want to do it at the expense of my family. It won't happend by my choice. Unfortunately, others have a say in that and I don't know how they are going to vote.

Happiness and being the best friend that I can be to as many as possible is another goal.

I used to have a goal of making the wrapper match the wonderful yummy goodness inside as much as possible. That goal has dimensed lately, because I realize no matter what clothes I am wearing I am always Suzanne.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Platinum Member
    hmmm, goal. I think I'm there...able to dress pretty much full time in the environment of my home, out to my wife, supported by her and to two other relatives. I haven't entirely decided if I can, should or want to go beyond this point.

Individuation, self knowledge, integration, unification, stability, wellness, balance, continual growth, life. It's hard to make open-ended concepts 'goals,' but it's necessary.
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

The real thrill is in the journey, not the destination.

I'm just doing things as they come. At first my goal was just to dress a little bit around the house, then it was to pass as best I could, then to go out in public, now I'm working on becoming body hair free (beard too).

I don't know where it will end, but the journey is an exciting one.
    If I had any idea that therapy, hair removal, hair transplants, doctors and medications were so expensive I would have planned to be rich first.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Goal? Nope, I'm like my idol, Forrest Gump - floating from one experience to another. Also, like him, I'm not that bright, but I do know what love is, and I love these shoes I saw in Dillard's today!

Kathi

Smile

i strive to understand myself, grow with in myself, (yes a bit self centered), not going to do the srs thing, but looking at maybe living as a woman. no wife or so.
    learning all i can, and watching all the sunrises i can.
    i guess i am just trying to be....me.

loni

As far as crossdressing? No goal for me. I don't even know what I'm doing half the time, but I pretend I do. lol
    Last edited by Andria; 03-10-2010 at 03:14 PM.

[SIZE=2]Goals??, I have plenty of them....[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]My main goal at the moment, is doing well in school to pass all the certifications I'll need for my new career as a Medical Professional..and should graduate by mid next year..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I'm currently past the 6 mo RLE & couldn't be happier with how that's going too..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]SRS will happen as soon as I have the cash & plane ticket in my hand...but when that is, only God knows...& hopefully asap..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]So the priority is my new career in order to support myself comfortably & afford to give my children a higher education..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

The journey has begun.... Regina's Avatar
    Regina has goals long and short term. A 3-5 year plan... that includes the ending of my marriage, moving, partial transition and some other goals that I won't discuss right now because they are to far out.

But for this year it is continuing with Electrolysis, growing my hair out,finishing up the laser removal of a foolish tattoo some time back and blending myself in with the mainstream population...and oh yeh! finish paying for completion of a goal two years ago.

Regina

All I want to do is "LIVE" and be "Happy". That's all I want. That's not asking to much is it?

Be safe. Be smart.

Dawn Marrie
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

I struggle with the goal thing all the time. I have no interest in a transition yet I want to dress as much as possilbe and be as presentable as possible. My fashion statement is conservative, business and comfortable casual. I love heels yet the tallest I have are 4" and most are much less. Also I have flats and loafers, etc. Lots of skirts and tops but dresses too and (gulp) pants, jeans and crops. Get the idea. My wife says I have a larger wardrobe than she does and she is correct.

So, where and I going. I really do not know. Much of the time I spend as Joan feels very right but so does my male side when fishing, hunting and just being a guy. It is very confusing for a 66 year old. Life should not be that difficult at my age.
    joank
    Southern California

Trying to find balance wishing2bali's Avatar
    Wouldn't necessarily call it a goal, but I would like to learn more about Rachel and why she is a part of me, hard part is, is that I only contemplate those thoughts when dressed. And that's hard to do with a disapproving SO. I do wish sometimes that I could dress everyday, at least to some extent, and possibly live my life as Rachel. I do sometimes consider going through with SRS. Will I go through with it someday? I do not know. For now my goal is to just try and learn as much as I can when I can...