Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: how to react when being hit on by a man?

Dana55

how to react when being hit on by a man?

hi girls wanted to know if wany of you have been hit on by a man? if yes what happened and how did you react to it? where were you? i'd like to know so when i go out dressed if it happens i dont run off scared hehe.

Aspiring Model/Actress Jennifer Lynndon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dana55 View Post
    hi girls wanted to know if wany of you have been hit on by a man? if yes what happened and how did you react to it? where were you? i'd like to know so when i go out dressed if it happens i dont run off scared hehe.
    Oh goodness!

I only go out to clubs there T-Girls are featured and admired. I don't pass so going to standard, main-stream clubs are not conditions where I'd feel comfortable. I'm not interested in being hit on by guys so perhaps we go out with different intentions. I enjoy talking with just about anyone who is a gentleman, another T-Girl, or ladies whenever they attend T-Girl nights at fun clubs.

Now I have had the great fortune to chat with countless people who have come from very different backgrounds and possess all kinds of different perspectives on things that come up in conversation. These folks were just as cool as could be. It's one of the great joys of going to a lot of effort to get dressed up and go out for the evening to clubs with very diverse clientele.
    Now on a number of occasions I have encountered guys who were not interested in taking, "No" for an answer. They were completely over the top and had no idea how close they came to getting dropped by a "girl".

You're never alone at a nice club and you can always go to the bouncer for some help. They are there to keep everything in order and they just may turn out to be your best friend that evening.

Now on the other hand ... you sound like you may want to be approached by men ... sorry girl ... I can't help you there ...

But I'm sure there are a few girls here who can!

I rarely ever get hit on by guys because I wear a engagement type ring on my left hand. Yes! I went to JARED!!!
    Also, I dress appropriately and to impress, but avoid dressing scantily or trashy so as not to draw their attention.

Hugs!
    Last edited by joann07; 03-10-2010 at 09:38 AM.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Never happened to me and I hope it never does!

As for you, if you like it, just smile and retribute the flirt. If not, remember the last time a girl ignored you and act the same way!

Definitely something I need to know while going out.

Already, in my lifetime I've been hit on by more guys, while in drab than any guy I know.
    Weird.
    I'm so not gay. Geez, do I really look it? Guys just don't do it for me, that's just me.

There is a club very near me that had trans night once a week but it changed management, and the name, and eliminated the trans night, and I got the impression that it's now a bit of a meat market, and I just don't feel like walking into a wolf's den. I don't mind being looked at, or admired, but sorry luv, I ain't going to go home with you.

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar

Talking

Hit on by a guy? Yeah & it doesn't float my boat. Girls for me. If I'm sitting down, I just stand up so they can see my masculine build, then ask them if they want to armwrestle for a drink in my most manly voice. That gets them clued in real quick. I always have fun with that.

wow that's really difficult, you know just don't listen to him and go away to another place or if you are sittin' with someone start talking to that person and ignore the guy......... if he keeps doin' it scare him!!!! hahaa

I go out to mainstream places, bars, museums, restaurants, clubs, shopping, live theater and whatever else I can check off my bucket list. I have never really been hit on by a guy yet, but then I have always been with others too. I did get to dance recently with a guy who came up to me at a dance club as I was dancing with my friends. I was a ton of fun dancing with him like my girls friends did with the guys who danced with them, and would love to do it again. Regarding how to respond to someone, I can only say just as you would to anyone else. If they are nice looking, seem to have a personality that would be interesting to explore, then continue with the conversation, ask the questions you want to ask and enjoy the moment. As for sharing a phone number or email address, that is up to you if you feel this person merits that inside information about you. Only offer it if you want to, maintain your cool, watch and listen, and do not be afraid to say that you are not interested. Good luck

Dana, I'm nobody's punching bag. If some guy is stupid enough to think that just because I look like a female that I'm some kinda weakling they've got a big surprise coming. I'm a 132 lb, 6'1'' Hell-Cat and I don't take zip from nobody!

oops you meant " hit on".
    same response

Be safe. Be smart

Dawn Marrie
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

[SIZE=2]I'm pretty laid back...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]So I just go with the flow...and never felt the need to make any commitments nor do I drop to my knee's on the spot just because some guy hits on me...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Other than that, I don't know what to say, because it's not rocket science...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

If you don't want the attention, wear a gaudy ring on your finger.

If you do, relax and enjoy it. Instant ego boost. =)

Smile sweetly, look in their eyes, bat yours... and say .... diamonds, lots of them and very big.

General nuisance AliceJaneInNewcastle's Avatar
    I'm married. I always wear my wedding ring when out en femme. Aside from one tranny chaser who propositioned every en femme member of our cafe group (ages mid 20s to 70+) ages ago, I've never had a problem.

Plus Alice you asked for the ... diamonds Scares them off every time

Alice (and everyone else), a sensible question for once. How many Tranny Chasers are actually possible TV's .. but lack the courage.

True admission, total public closet (until this coming Saturday I say) but I used to go sometimes to the Taxi Club in Sydney when I lived there.

Now I talked to TV's ... but in many ways it was a cry for help. But some could easily have took me as a 'Tranny Chaser' at that time. I, hope, treated everyone with respect and a bit of (hidden) envy. Just wish I had the courage then to tell the blasted truth (idiot, self kick).

How do you tell the difference between the true TC and someone trying to find their way that are putting on a front?

Judging by the running off scared coment I assume you do not want a guy hitting on you. I have been hit on more than a few times but it is usually at a Cd/TG event or at a gay bar (mainly the one I used to drag dance at) I find that if you don't want the attention from that person simply tell them thanks for thinking I look good but I am a guy and I am straight. That does not work for me because I am not straight but Bi. Yet I will tell guys that I am not interested in that I thank them for the compliment but that I just don't think they are my type If they get insistant tell the bartender or bouncer they will take care of it for you.
    Be yourself society doesn't know that there is no such thing as being normal.

If you can't find the silver lining make your own.

It was a long LONG time ago, I just smiled and went with the flow. I was not dressed... at first, but it wasn't long.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I wear a wedding band and engagement ring but do get hit on every now and then, I just say I'm married and no thank you.

I don't know if this counts as "being hit on" , a number of years ago I was at the local mall and as I was leaving an older gentleman held the door for me and gave me a "hi chicky" kinda wink. I smiled back at him and kept on moving.
    Personally, I think the old fella really needed to get some new eye glasses. It did make me feel nice inside.

As for a true "hit on" as in "Hi sweety, wanna come home with me?" sorta thing, well it hasn't happened, ... yet. I guess if it ever does, I'll be flattered, but the reality is, it'll probably never happen, mostly because if the guy is that desperate, then I don't think I want to be around him.

Just how many "guys" actually "hit on" some 65 yr old broad, and be worthy of a returning intrest?
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

General nuisance AliceJaneInNewcastle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaMallon View Post
    Alice (and everyone else), a sensible question for once. How many Tranny Chasers are actually possible TV's .. but lack the courage.
    We're drifting dangerously off topic here, but I'd have to say that there's no obvious way to know the answer to that one.

My impression of some tranny chasers is that they are psychopathic predators. Others strike me as just generally pathetic but harmless. Perhaps the pathetic ones are deeply closeted trannies. The problem is that sometimes the pathetic but harmless ones do stupid things that could be seen as the actions of a psychopath, so it's hard to know which are which.

If someone were to hit on me, that would make them a "chubby hubby tranny chaser".
    And blind!

This is one reason I don't go for guys.

Went for a walk in downtown Waynesboro yesterday. 10 am. It was up in the 60's for temperature. Nice. I love to walk.

Stopped by the local CVS and bought some chocolate covered rasins. MMMMM they were good.

On the way back home I was standing on a corner waiting for the crosswalk thingy to change, listening to some Led Zeppelin on my mp3 player, when a neanderthal on a bike comes up and says, "You've got a nice corner there. How about a date?"
    I ain't dressed like no hussie. Blue jeans, black top and sneakers.

I just lifted up my sun glasses and gave him that "Don't mess with me!" stare.

The creep.

End of story. He rode away.

Be safe. Be smart.

Dawn Marrie
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

[SIZE=4]I work in a beauty salon. I work with GGs all day. All of us get hit on everyday by men. (Sorry, but you would not believe how badly some of the women I work with really look. It is true that every woman faces male advances, regardless of looks, demeanor, etc) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Men are pigs. Men can be blind, deaf and dumb and still hit on women, real or otherwise. In your career as a woman, you will get hit on, be out there enough and a man will find you and hit on you, it is simply "their" nature. I love to say that since I do really know..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Since we CDs don't have years of intense training like GGs do in handling men, we tend to react oddly. Men making a pass at a woman(or a perceived woman) are simply fulfilling their role in life, acting like a testosterone infused male on the rut. (Please, no disrepect to the FtM members reading this, but testosterone is a potent drug)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]No need to out yourself simply to aviod a guy making a pass at you, just tell him thanks but no thanks. I often just stand there and look them up and down, ask them to turn around and then proceed to tell them they aren't my type, or whatever suits me. I can do that, you might not feel comfortable using that tactic. And, I wear a wedding ring all the time, makes no matter to 83.77% of the guys out there. I have been told that having an affair with a married woman is "safer" since it has no inherent committment....[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]If they persist and won't take no for an answer, I simply hand them a card and ask them to meet me on Thursday night at the Dojo where I instruct Karate. They usually back away quietly.[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Platinum Member
    Never happened to me en femme, because I don't go out in public dressed. As a guy - its has happened. In the service, I was approached by a Staff Sergeant who was notorious for getting drunk and hitting on guys. He was really a good guy when sober ...I turned him down (This was pre-Don't Ask Dont Tell...so don't believe there weren't and aren't gays in the service) Also in the service, I had a room mate, well,we had a mutual attraction. And recently a cute little clerk at a pet store commented that I had pretty eyes. Nothing happened-I'm married and monogamous, but I thanked him for the compliment

There's safety in numbers. When you go with others you are less likely to get hit on. If you want to get hit on dress ****ty, works every time
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better