Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Was Your CD Life Transformed by this Website?

Yes

It's hepled a lot with self acceptance.
    It's nice to know we're not alone!
    The admin and mods are great! They have insightful input and they keep the trolls and real BSers away - THANKS!
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

As for getting out there in the real world and being myself, NO, this site has not helped me. i have done that by myself and really enjoy it all. For better understanding this side of my life and the lives of others, improving my techniques, learning from the experiences of others, being able to share my own experiences and thoughts, and, most importantly, for meeting fellow women with whom to befriend and go out with, this site has been invaluable.

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    I joined this site right after finding out about it from some of the gals at SCC last year. The idea of blackboard type forums really never enticed me, but at the SCC I met a group of women there that were the Crossdressers.com gals and they were tight. I was invited into their fold by a wonderful friend, thanks Christine, and my life became more full and beautiful from that day.

This site is friendship, a support group and sisterhood all rolled into one. I have really through a lot this past year and am still discovering myself, but the ladies on this site have really helped so far with that journey. I have made so many friends here many that I have had the pleasure of meeting in person. Most of whom I hope to keep in my life for my remaining years and my heart forever.

So I guess you can say it has changed my life. I would still be who I am, but my life would be just a few more sepia tone shades darker without the wonderful people that bring life to this site.

Someone get me a tissue darnit.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Yes a lot and I am afraid what is going to be next, reading all posts give me security and also incomfort. This is weird I know but I haved to tell.

If I go deep in my mind I think this should never exist... Anyway, I cannot do anything and starting to think of purging all my stuff. What a waste of money.

I think this will be my last comment here for long time....

Bye girls, luv you all...

For me it’s like coming out. To be accepted as suzy and have other girls to talk to and be friends with is just amazing. And they are all so nice.

love SUZY

Not transformed, but has help immensely

That is a great question. This site has been a wealth of information about helping me look into myself and make some sense of it all, and its great to know that so many others have had the exact same thoughts, fantasies, and experiences as me. I always knew their were CDer's, but I never had anyone or anywhere to compare my own thoughts with.

The first time I posted something I was very nervous, even though I knew this would be as anonymous as I wanted to make it. Still, I felt I had to share my thoughts and experiences with others. It just had to have an outlet somewhere, with real people, yet still be safe to do so. This process has helped me relax even more about my little hobbie. There are so many great people on this site that I am thankful to share things with.

Laura

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by KateSpade83
    So how has this website transformed your CD Life?
    [SIZE="2"]It hasn't yet, and I don't expect it to. You see, I transformed myself years ago, then I came here to see (and hear) how the other half lives. I would say the overall impact of this site is…unknown...at the present time. For every friend I’ve met, and every kind word I’ve received, there’s an equal and opposite reaction, keeping things in a steady state of who knows what. Some days I like to be here, reading and writing my little ditties, and other days I’m wondering what I’m doing here. I suppose that’s only natural. If I stop and think that I’m writing only to appease myself, and, in a peripheral sense, hopefully help (or please) others, then I’m feeling OK about the place. In this sense, a “transformation” has occurred where I’m more in touch with myself – I share my experiences, however modest, and enjoy the company I meet along the way. Since I was comfortable as a crossdresser long before I ever knew about this site, it has been a positive thing to be among others like me, even though I’m pretty low on the totem pole around here. I just try to hang on to the feeling. There’s nowhere to go, or nothing to be transformed into (at this point in my CD life). I know my lot, so it’s just a question of being here or not. At the end of the day, its fun to sit down and read a few reassuring sentences, even if the influence on me is ultimately somewhat negligible…[/SIZE]
    Last edited by Frédérique; 03-14-2010 at 07:02 AM.

i now

now i can go and do the thinks that i like to do all the girls on here hope me do that and my wife is into my crossdressing now because of this website we love it here the both of us thk you all

Still in closet when first found this site

I have since emerged, to my SO and to many outings, shopping and just feeling better about myself. I know now that I'm not alone and there are lots and lots of other girls out there like myself. How can one judge this profound finding to all of the girls I have met and will meet. I am sooooooo much better for finding this site. I still have a long way to go but now I have girlfriends to help me along the way.
    I have an avatar that is really me, a real picture, only because of what I have learned here and the self confidence I have aquired by associateing with the best girls a girl can have. THANK YOU crossdressers.com
    Laura Lee

It has boosted my confidence, taught me so many new ways to improve my time en femme and brought me a wonderful new collection of friends who are simply beautiful and wonderful!
    Gillian.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

This website has cost me a FORTUNE!

All of the dresses, skirts, make-up, etc that I just HAD to buy.

I found it last year before SCC, which I'd never heard of, and at the time that I found it I had never ventured out dressed. Then I found a bunch of posts from a crazy woman named TXKimberly and went to her MySpace blog where I found out about SCC, not to mention all of the things that I read about her doing and all out in public. OMG, you can actually go out in public dressed and not get arrested?! LOL

So a HUGE yes. SCC 2009 was my first time out in public if you don't include one ride in a car. If it hadn't been for this site I'd still be in the closet.
    Last edited by TNRobin; 03-14-2010 at 08:48 AM. Reason: stuff
    If I had any idea that therapy, hair removal, hair transplants, doctors and medications were so expensive I would have planned to be rich first.

Playboy girl at heart Bunny Girl Zoe's Avatar
    This site and the sisters here have helped me accept who I am and become the true me without it I still be hinding from myself.
    Come join me on facebook

This site has ruined my life! J/K It has let me know and feel that I am not the only guy who likes to paint his nails wear lipstick. I feel accepted even if I don't post that much. I was lurking through the post on here when i finaly came out to my now fiance who openly accepts and enjoys it as much as i do. In fact she is as excited as I am about my breastforms that are shipping as I type this just because she loves bra shopping

This site has made a huge impact on my life. Since there are no C/D support groups in my local area this is it. The Tips were great for helping me shape cindy to how I see fit. In a way Cindy is a product of this site.
    Bored? Try wearing a pretty dress. It's fun.

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    Oh definitely, in many different ways. For the most part, I was still strictly in the closet when I first joined. That was three years ago. I might not be the person I am today if another member hadn't told me there were T-girl social groups in my area dedicated to helping new girls come out of the closet.

Seems like a lifetime ago now, but I think I can safely say, I wouldn't be the same person I am today if I had not found and joined this site.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

Mine was definitely. This forum was the kick in the but I needed to start getting out in the real world. Sure I had gone to clubs, etc but reading various posts by Kathie and Kimberly convinced me that the world may not really treat a lil ole cd like me as a freak. I learned more about makeup, products, style etc from this site than just about anyplace. It also encouraged me to contact the resources (MAC anyone) that I needed to work on my presentation.

Without a doubt, It helped both my wife and I to understand what this (transgerderism) is to me, what it means for her and to find a balance that works for both of us. It took time, patience and understanding from both of us but in the end, life is much better because of it.
    Where is your mountain and have you climbed it today?