Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was Your CD Life Transformed by this Website?

Was Your CD Life Transformed by this Website?

Before joining this website as Jesse69 back in 2005 I was a lurker for maybe 3 months. All before that my cd life was just crossdressing as "A guy in a dress." After joining this website I learned a lot about wigs, makeup, breastforms, and just what you need to transform yourself to look as much as a woman as possible. So now my crossdressing has been transformed, and I'm no longer a "guy in a dress" but a very passable and beautiful enough crossdresser. I cd sometimes just to admire myself in a full length mirrror. And I can shop now in full drag and be treated like a lady.

So how has this website transformed your CD Life?

In a way...yes

I have posted here before, and I told my wife about the site, but now she wants to occasionally look at it with me. So, yeah it has changed my life some. We all know the support we get from each other (even us lurkers find help in the various posts) but to have my wife looking here and trying to understand means a lot to me.
    Mostly a "manly man" but sometimes I really am overcome with an inner desire...

Thumbs up

its definently helped me feel more confident about my lifestyle.after hearing all the stories,and comments from all the wonderful people on this forum.ive really stopped caring about what strangers say any more.so yes its transformed my life in a good way...... hell i even wore pantyhose under shorts tonight and had no bad responses,and if i did i wouldent have cared.
    just a florida girly girl...................................what in the world can make this brown eyed girl turn blue(roxette)

By the time I joined, I already had most of my CDing technique figured out. What the site did do for me was help with self-acceptance issues. I got the privilege to interact and learn from a group of unique, special, knowledgeable and friendly people. I understood I'm not alone in this and also that I'm not a freak for being this way. It's been a huge contribution to my life, one I'll be always thankful for!

This site has had a tremendous effect on my life. When I first found this site I was a life long crossdresser, but deep in the closet. I had issues with guilt and shame. Reading the posts and meeting the others here, I have pretty much gotten over the quilt and shame and feel better about myself. With the support and guidance here, I have finally come out to my wife. It is a rough road but it has been smoothed by the good advice I have received. Of course my budget has been negatively affected, by my new clothes purchases, that I might not have made otherwise.

Jaydee

Yes it did. Before reading all the good recommendations and the great experiences of all the beautiful ladies here, I was not able to look and present myself as I can do now.
    But in the way it affected me the most was on the self stem, thanks to the forum I was motivated enough to improve my self and venture out in dress, and to seek perfection in my look. And in the meanwhile, I had great fun.
    Love and kises to all who make this forum the great tool it is…
    With Love and Kisses...

Lucy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lucy-pink/

Aspiring To Become Woman Michelle-Leigh's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]I'd have to say that it opened the opportunity to, in addition to my solo outings, actually girl around at the mall, etc. with one of my girlfriends whom I met on this forum. That, in addition to the other little things that paved the way to the current-day Michelle, has had the most profound effect on my femme life. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Best Regards,
    Michelle-Leigh
    "We are now operating at a femininity level of 98% and rising...."
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Yes, being part of a group has een very important to me.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    "Was Your CD Life Transformed by this Website?"

Absolutely!

Its nice to know that one is not alone.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

It ruined my life!

No, not that way. It ruined my OLD life, dashed it to the ground and stomped on it with very attractive heels.

I got to the photo threads and felt terribly inadequate compared to some of the ravishing beauties here. When I read the out and about I realized the experiences I've had pale in comparison to those of so many others. The same thing goes for the shopping, makeup and all the other links. Some of the questions and some of the answers have bounced around in my head for days.

You are all such great people that I've been able to learn so much from, chat with and feel like I'm part of a family. I've been inspired to work with other local girls to build a viable Tri-Ess chapter here. I look forward to new opportunities to reflect on what it means to be a crossdresser and maybe offer a couple of words to help someone else come to terms with this constantly evolving perspective on life.

I'm happy that old life is done and gone. Thanks
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

8rys, going on walkabout
    Yes, in a big way. I learned so much from this site, and have meet some interesting people.

Nice to know that I am not alone in this world and that others have had similar experiences.

Aspiring Member
    I received an epiphany several months ago that allowed me to finally accept who I am.

Without this forum, I believe I'd still be riddled with anxiety and doubt.
    So many posts here have helped me to realize and finally accept Shari as a real and necessary part of my psyche.

She is and always has been part of my being.

To all of you who helped show me the way, thank you.

Yes there hs been a big change in my life and it is so much better.

Teri

This website saved my life. Keep me from doing the big "No No" at a time of sever depression and turmoil.

I don't know if I ever said thank you for that?

"Thank you crossdressers.com. Thanks a lot."

Be safe. Be smart.

Dawn Marrie
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

This is the first site I visit in the morning. I have my coffee and love sitting around this big table and visiting with the gurls. Thanks everyone for making my day.

Platinum Member
    I'm a relative newcomer - just two months on the site. Its been a difficult time for me professionally, and this site has provided me with a welcome respite from those problems.

I don't know that it changed my life as a CDer - that's pretty well established, but I have gotten some helpful tips on dress and makeup.

More importantly, the site has given me an opportunity, for the first time in my life, to discuss issues and concerns with a host of individuals who have a lot to share. We may not always agree, but that's the whole point of discusion...by hearing various perspectives one can expand his/her own understanding.

and I have made quite a few friends with similar interests. That's the greatest benefit of this site.

absolutely - I thought I was the odd one out and now I see all you girls here that are so friendly and helpful and I just love reading all the posts here - I've been a CDer to some degree all my life and do so love it and now feel like I'm one of the girls here - thanks to all of you here - Ellen

Not really, I just have learned to accept myself better from forums like this

Aspiring Member
    i have something to add to this personally

Ive only been here for a very short time, when i found this site i was very heartbroken with myself. As i felt that my crossdressing wasnt something that was shared in the same way by other people. Boy was i wrong

Aside from my wife....and possibly her sister(as of last sunday) .... she was the only one i had to be my support and answer questions. which is awesome and lucky from the many posts i have read about some of us not being open with their SO

the advice and help i have read in others posts have been priceless to me, because many of them relate to feelings and fears i have as a closeted cd in an open relationship

to say the least i felt like a unicorn. a mythical nonexistant creature, but have come to realize that there are many of us unicorns and we exist to flourish amongst the rest of the fairytale creatures and many of you are truly living happily ever after. and that type of happiness is inspiring to me

but the bottom line is, this site helps me to feel like a better me

so thanks

Huggs and Kisses
    -Donni-

Yes it has. It's made me a better CDer and better person. I went from just wearing panties and/or hose to expanding to being fully dressed.
    Cary

Aspiring Member

Yes, as all things do.

Well, it has certainly influenced my CD life...

But, in the direction of thinking less of it as something to do.

In a world of possibilities, this seems a very "clunky" way of getting any satisfaction, getting along with people.

Through most of the postings, I am seeing again the same things I saw over twenty years ago when I simply started going "out" without thinking much about it.

I was very lucky, I see now, in meeting a number of "text book" transgendered people and, more importantly, transistioning people - people who were actuallly "going somewhere" with their considered choices. I saw and heard a great deal of their evolution at the time and came to care more about thier lives than what they were wearing, who they were being pursued by, etc.

They had problems with their families. They had problems with SOs. They had problems at work. They had problems with "society." But, when you think about it... Who doesn't?

So, this site, like that part of my life, is more about finding a good way to live than about shopping, makeup, play acting, and so forth. It's more about finding a fit between what you want to do and what you need to do to be happy and get along.

In the end - and much of the babble on this site affirms it - clothing really has very little to do with most the things that really matter in life.

So, why let it?

All for da better.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

This place helped me big time. When I was turned on to this forum, I had been out the door a few times, but it was very rare and completely lacking in confidence. After joining, I read threads from people like Karen Hutton, who were out doing every day, normal things, and having a ball. The shock of shock, I discovered that Karen was taking advantage of her work related trips to get out. I'd been traveling for years but had always kept Kimberly as far away from my job as I could, fearing it would be bad to mix the two. Reading Karen's stories convinced me that I was being an idiot and wasting awesome opportunities to explore the world, and I resolved to change that!
    Since then, I've been out and about all over the country and met 100's of other TG's, and that is not an exaggeration. Many of these folks helped me to progress by their examples, giving me even more confidence.

If it weren't for the forum, I'd still be peeking out hotel room doors and sneaking to my car for pointless drives. It's been a wonderful help to me and I deeply appreciate the people and confidence that it has brought me.