Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you have a goal in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by tamarav View Post
    [SIZE=4]I am not sure of my goal, I just seem to cram as much dressing in as I can, and yes, I am very serious about it.[/SIZE]
    Ditto on that, Tamara. I find the possibilities both frightening and exciting at the same time. The thought of losing everything and everyone in my life is terrifying, while the peace I get from a few cosmetics and some scraps of cloth makes me wish it was something I did full time.

soulmate of Mrs.M...GG Victoria Anne's Avatar
    This is a very good question. A goal , yes indeed. I have stuggled my whole life with who I am and from the moment I accepted myself I have been happier than ever befor. With the support and encouragement of my wife I have sought out couceling and have now begun HRT and my end goal is to just be me , I must retain a male persona with wprk but this too will change in time, SRS well that would be and end goal finances willing.

On the road of discovery ... learning to be the woman I have always been.

Http://photobucket.com/viccy

The avvy pic isn't me

some accomplished, more to do

I have accomplished sobriety so far (6 months on sat) and with that feeling of achievement, i'm now embarking on operation bring Cassandra to life. Beginning on saturday (3 big events) with my first make-over and wig fitting, and this is all leading up eventually, to me going out enfemme. So i'm working on my goals, but being careful to not stress it, and let it happen. Doing it any other way is a bad idea for ppl in recovery like me. One day at a time! mj

Never thought about it, but,.....

I want to be sufficiently blended to be able go out (and not be obvious.)

I've read enough posts to understand that passing isn't possible. But, to be blended well enough that, if someone gives me a 2nd glance while passing by, it's only because they're wondering. Right now, they would not be wondering; they would be sure on the 1st look.

I'm working on it. Much work to do...

Longer term: Like Kathi, I'm following the Forest Gump route. It will be fun.

Been thinking about it a lot recently..

I realised a few years ago looking back that I had been through all the usual cycles hoping it would go away. So I decided to embrace it all - big step (for me).

I guess my goal is becoming clear and it is to understand who "I" am... am I Kaz, this other guy, or some combination of the two? I know it is the latter, and hence my goal!

In the meantime... dress as much as I can whenever I get a good opportunity!

Tonight I am in Birmingham overnight... Been out for a few hours... awesome!

Love Kaz xx
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am with those that dont have many firm goals but rather an evolution in mind. An evolution into my femininity as a person, inlcuding grooming and dress. I do have one firm goal though, and that is to come out to my SO some day. I know I can do it - and I am working on the how....Dee

Platinum Member

look out birmingham!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    I realised a few years ago looking back that I had been through all the usual cycles hoping it would go away. So I decided to embrace it all - big step (for me).

I guess my goal is becoming clear and it is to understand who "I" am... am I Kaz, this other guy, or some combination of the two? I know it is the latter, and hence my goal!

In the meantime... dress as much as I can whenever I get a good opportunity!

Tonight I am in Birmingham overnight... Been out for a few hours... awesome!

Love Kaz xx
    why not when you look that good!

Quote Originally Posted by SusanLCD View Post
    I want to be sufficiently blended to be able go out (and not be obvious.)

I've read enough posts to understand that passing isn't possible. But, to be blended well enough that, if someone gives me a 2nd glance while passing by, it's only because they're wondering. Right now, they would not be wondering; they would be sure on the 1st look.
    Same here

Goal...

Peace of mind...

Might actually achieve it some day.
    No closet is big enough!

Wow, this is a really good question. Lately I have been asking myself this very question. As I dont really get alot of chances to dress, And Im often in guy mode. I have been trying to think of ways to feel more feminine even while not so. More of an aproach at androgeny i guess. If that makes sense. I want to find a line of balance where both halfs can coincide in peace.

I supose its a thin line, If even achievable. But im gonna try anyhow. Things like trying to loss weight and gain more of a feminine tone body, But with out lossing my male self. I wanna look good no matter the gender im portraying. Also ive been thinking of getting my navel pierced. {if I can lose enough weight} And also getting an androgens tribal tattoo on my leg.

Small things that will make a difference of how i see myself. And more importantly feel about myself. Its alot to undertake, But hey.... We all have to have goals, right??

[SIZE=4]Originally, in my simple mind, I was envisioning a few goal statements and the thread would die of old age. I am amazed at the depth of the answers and where you are all headed. Forest Gump was right in many respects, just keep taking them as they come.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I guess I don't have any specific goals, not really, other than to be happy. I suppose I could say that you and I are fairly in alignment in our thoughts in the sense that I too like to cram as much dressing in as I can (within reason) and I'm fairly serious about the details of my presentation.

If I do have a goal, it's to go out more to mainstream places en femme and push the envelope of my comfort zone so that when its all over and I look back on my life, I'll have no regrets about wishing I had been there or done that, while dressed en femme. My last attempt at doing something different was bowling on very busy Saturday night at a local "Strikes" last weekend. Lots of families and teens all over the place. Nothing bad happened though and in fact, we had a lot of fun!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by tamarav View Post
    [SIZE=4]Originally, in my simple mind, I was envisioning a few goal statements and the thread would die of old age. I am amazed at the depth of the answers and where you are all headed. Forest Gump was right in many respects, just keep taking them as they come.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Tam, [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Come on, I know your mind is far from simple...and asking any open ended question will give you more information than a closed one...Just as I've been trained to do in the medical classes, but besides all that, I think this is one of the most realistic & intelligent questions that have been asked on this site for a long time, and it's been long over due...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]And why exactly I think this is such a great question is,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]because it makes people think about a goal if they don't currently have one...because I for one feel goals are extremely important for anyone to move forward & strive to be a better human being... [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]And for the ladies that do know where their headed, I think that's just awesome..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]So Tamara, give yourself some credit where credit is due, you Are intellegent & happens to be a beautiful human being that Also looks great in whatever she's wearing....[/SIZE]
    Last edited by Karen564; 03-10-2010 at 09:04 PM.
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

I DO have a goal! It's to leave things maybe just a tiny bit better than I found them and to live my life with as few regrets as possible .. .
    What do you think, is that asking too much?

My Goal is to have fun, enjoy life, and except what pleasures I can. If the road on the way starts to turn, I'll see where it leads. If I don't like that road I'll take a different path.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    I DO have a goal! It's to leave things maybe just a tiny bit better than I cound them and to live me life with as few regrets as possible .. .
    What do you think, is that asking too much?
    Kimberly, my sentiment exactly.
    I think collectively, if more people thought this way, the world WILL be a better place for us all. We are all snowflakes, meaning that every one of us is different, and that we should find the place in our lives that makes us most happy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Aspiring Member
    goals ; to forgive myself for being human and all that goes with it . followed my menical laughter! tag your it!

To be like you Tamarav!!

I wish I could split my time between being a girl in the mainstream worklife and being a boy when needed.This economy just keeps away the opportunity to work and earn in girl mode..even if it is away from the public eye[think home office].I would love to have a laser spa and be able to be a girl while working. Not going to happen as people are not spending..I have had the idea of opening a Trans themed diner in a liberal part of South Florida.I love to cook[used to volumes] and people are still paying to eat...I would be working as Rogina and that would be a small part of the circus..It is a goal that I constantly think of.The more you do it,the better you get!

where's the stop button? Daenna Paz's Avatar
    <[QUOTE=StarrOfDelite;2074589]I'm a hedonistic, voluptuary sybarite>

[SIZE="3"]And quite the grammarian too!

Now what did I do with those goals?? Damn, hate getting older ...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Daenna[/SIZE]

Tami,

Thank you for helping me renew my journey. My goal is to continously work on improving my appearance. The best benefit has been weight loss. My CDing commitment has been better than NutriSystems and Weight Watchers to stick to a healthy diet and exercise. Got to get those dress sizes down.

Evie

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I'm TOO OLD!

For goals and agendas!

One day, before I pass on, I WOULD like to know why I started dressing so late in life, and why it has become such a compulsion!

But, those thots don't keep me awake at nite! Planning what I'm going to wear in my next CD session DOES!

I'm having too much fun to worry!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

2 always be Arlene 24/7 !
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Quote Originally Posted by rogina garter View Post
    I wish I could split my time between being a girl in the mainstream worklife and being a boy when needed.This economy just keeps away the opportunity to work and earn in girl mode..even if it is away from the public eye[think home office].I would love to have a laser spa and be able to be a girl while working. Not going to happen as people are not spending..I have had the idea of opening a Trans themed diner in a liberal part of South Florida.I love to cook[used to volumes] and people are still paying to eat...I would be working as Rogina and that would be a small part of the circus..It is a goal that I constantly think of.The more you do it,the better you get!
    Well when you start up the restaurant, give me a holler. I've been cooking for a living now for over 20 years and this would be a great opportunity.

As to the original question: I just want to know why I do what I do and find peace with that. As was also mentioned before, I am currently working towards a more androgynous appearance. I have longish manicured nails. I'm letting my hair grow out and I'm shaving more than I use to. One day I hope to muster the courage to completely make myself over to a full femme appearance, but I'm taking it a small step at a time.
    If clothes make the man, I must not be one.

If men are from Mars and women are from Venus, I am definitely from Earth. Somewhere in the middle.

Originally posted by Inna
    If you find your self in pain, yet not able to stop the pursuit, rest assured, you are on the right path
    You may call me Dana B

When I was 11 or 12, I knew I was Aubrey. By 14 I knew I needed to become Aubrey for the rest of my life and planned to move out of state at 18 and begin by transition. How everyday circumstances change things, here I am almost 53 and still waiting to be who I should have been. I am too old to be the woman I should have been born. I missed what could have been some exciting 20's and 30's and all the misery that goes with transition. I am not happy in my life, but I am content with where I am.
    NOT your girl next door!

To be able to be around friends that are like me. Having a place to go that doesn't require a long distance to go, and a small fortune to be there. Having my SO more accepting of who I am, and not be worried about if I would cheat. (I wouldn't) Get, or be more polished in my appearance.