Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whats your favorite most cdtg freindly bar/club?

Dana55

whats your favorite most cdtg freindly bar/club?

hi girls whats your faovrite tg/cd freindly club/bar or even restaurant that you have gone to or have been? what city is it in also. Im venturing to go out to one but wanted to ask you girls before so i know i 'll feel comfortable. thank you so much girls!

Where in Northeastern OH?

God, I am wanting to go to a cd-friendly salon, get made-over and go out somewhere. Where do I go in NE OH?

A lot of us gurls in southwest Michigan go to the Dunes resort in Douglas (near Saugatuck). They even have a couple of TG weekends every year. The next one is April 9-11.

Smile

well here in south florida i like to go to a place called the voodoo lounge.every sunday night they have drag shows,and lots of cd/ts folks can be seen there.its in down town fort lauderdale.theres also a place called the mail box thats cd frendly,but im not sure if its still there.
    just a florida girly girl...................................what in the world can make this brown eyed girl turn blue(roxette)

In Phoenix AZ there is a place called Cruzin 7th and another called Amsterdam. Amsterdam has a mixed fun crowd and shows. Cruzin 7th is a meat market with lots of CD's on weekends and drag shows as well.
    Charlie

Can't say I've seen one where I live!
    Without a place or a time, but a definate purpose.

In Nashville it's the Tribe, Play and Lipsticks...other as well but I haven't made it to them yet...
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"

Welcome to Chicago! Almost any bar on north Halsted will do, but my fave is "Spin". Look for their Tranny-Palooza nights!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

cellar bar/ inn upstairs

Rumpy's in Lenox. ma. on church st., Troy is the bartender!

I've been to Martha's Vineyard on Olive Street here in Springfield, even won 3rd place in a pagent there.
    I hear 721 Club is CD friendly, but haven't been there yet. And The Edge is great I was there but not dressed at the time, there were a few gurls though.
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

In Richmond, VA: Babes of Carytown, a lesbian place but open to all, and Fielden's, a private gay place but non-discriminating

In Crystal City, Arlington, VA: Freddie's Beach Bar
    DonnaT

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    The nearest one to where I live would be the BLU Ultralounge in Worcester, where the SISTERS of Worcester meet every Wednesday night. There are quite a number of places across Massachusetts that are CD friendly, and not all of them are GLBT places either. In Boston alone, I can think of a half a dozen Trans friendly clubs I've been to. There's also Club 313 in Manchester NH, a very lively GLBT club. Tho personally, I prefer straight places, since thats where I feel most a home. I wouldn't consider any bar or club off limits.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

Douglas Dunes

Quote Originally Posted by heatherb View Post
    A lot of us gurls in southwest Michigan go to the Dunes resort in Douglas (near Saugatuck). They even have a couple of TG weekends every year. The next one is April 9-11.
    Heather,
    Hope to see you at the Dunes TG weekend. Do you have your prom dress?

Patti

The Rainbow bar in Tampa. It's a lesbian bar,but open to all. As the owner told me,"if anyone doesn't like a CDer in here they can go find another place " I told here how much I appreciated that,and I made sure to conduct myself as a a lady.

Around here, we have seen too many places that have come and gone. A lot of people remember "The famous Z-109." I think an awful lot of folk from out of town ended up there, when they visited Tampa/St. Pete. Amber is still around, "The Z" is gone.

We had our own LGBT Resort, but they tore down "The Suncoast"....it was a pity! And, recently we lost a venue that a lot of us had great hopes for. The current Recession, (mini-depression) has put an end to "The Alternative Pathway." David says he's going to re-open a smaller place, but right now it is no more!

What we have left? A fairly new LGBT Resort, called "The Flamingo." Numerous smaller clubs and bars. (Like Christy's Mention about The Rainbow) Hopefully, something big will open up soon, and The Gurls will have a new home.

I was looking at our unemployment numbers around here. Florida is in a huge amount of trouble. My own county has an unemployment rate approaching 14%, and The State as a whole, is around 11%. Just to make it easy to understand....if I'm standing in line at Winn-Dixie, and there are six people in that line, the odds are excellent that at least one of them is out of work!

I imagine we might have to wait for a new place. Could you imagine starting a business with an unemployment rate in your area of 14%?

Peace and Love, Joanie
    Last edited by sterling12; 03-11-2010 at 08:04 PM.

I liked the Queen Mary in LA, then it closed.

Quote Originally Posted by heatherb View Post
    The Dunes is definitely the place to be when the TG weekends are in full swing. But for those of us urbinites in Detroit. GiGi's is where it's at on a Saturday night!

Renee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="2"]Huggs, Renee [/SIZE]

I like The Stonewall in Huntington, WV and The Broadway in Charleston, WV. Both places have lot's of drag shows on the weekends, and just about any random night you can have a good time there.

Here in the San Francisco Bay area there are several specifically TG friendly places. However, there are many hundreds time that number that are mainstream and very accepting. Actually, they are not accepting, they just treat every customer the same, which is exactly how it should be. My favorite bar is The Clock Bar just off the main lobby in the well known St. Francis Hotel on Union Square (a shopper paradise). Just go where you go in non-CD mode and enjoy the moment like everyone else.

In my home town of Mankato MN we have the Coffee Hag (coffee house and restaurant), and in the Twin Cities there are so many but the Town House is a club I enjoyed. There are plenty of different places and if yu need to get out check with the local LGBT support group to find their personal choices.

Teri

agree with vikki. n. halsted in chicago. gay and very TG friendly. most everyplace, you'll be welcomed!!

In northeastern Ohio the Funky Skunk in Warren has Lady's Nights Out on the second Saturday of every month, and The Blue Moon in Pittsburgh has Lady's Nights on Saturdays, but I can't recall which weekend of the month they are on. I believe there are one or two TG friendly places in Lakewood, and one in Akron. In Detroit, which isn't far from Toledo, Gigi's is famous for its TG friendly atmosphere and makeovers.

Most of these places are Gay Bars 90% of the time, but I've been to all of them at one time or another, and always had a good time chatting with the girls, dancing with the admirers while trying to keep my butt from getting too many thumbprint bruises on it, and just generally socializing.
    Last edited by StarrOfDelite; 03-12-2010 at 11:15 PM. Reason: added info

Here in Indy, it's Talbotts and English Ivy for dinner....

Unhappy Hunters night club near chicago

Quote Originally Posted by vikki2020 View Post
    Welcome to Chicago! Almost any bar on north Halsted will do, but my fave is "Spin". Look for their Tranny-Palooza nights!
    Hi,
    I used to go to Hunters in Elk Grove Village, until they changed their ID policy. Now if your pic on the ID does not match your presentation, they will not admit you, even if they have let you in before. There was a protest last year to try to publicize this, but so far no change by them.

Joanie B.

The avvy pic isn't me
    The Balcony and Club Sin are the only 2 that i know of for sure here in Boise. I've been in both ala drab, and there are usually several Tgirls around. Both clubs are downtown. mj