Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long Hair

Long Hair

Ever since I was a teenager, I’ve always dreamt of having very long hair. Unfortunately, due to a strict upbringing and now work constraints, I’ve always had to keep my hair short...even if blessed with a full head of hair!

So, as you can see in my album, I bought a wig with long natural hair to my lower back. WOW! What a feeling...even better when I’m all dressed up. I feel so feminine and sensuous when wearing it.

Many of you seem to be able to let your hair grow long. How does it feel? Any pressure at work? How long do you want to let it grow?

How about those of you who must wear a wig like me. Do you also feel something special?

Can’t wait to hear from all of you!

i am a indian cheekee but had to have it shor till i was on my one now it is past my solsers in i love it dont car what thank the hipp dile wont an the70s but wood like the same coler wount to an cut or teamd up

Aspiring Member
    I have had long hair past my shoulders for a decade and a half. Sometimes my wife has to take a while to convince me to tie it back when it's hot

I've had hair halfway down my back for so long (over 15 years) that I've forgotten how it feels to NOT have it that long.

I'm totally used to it getting in my eyes whenever the wind blows, but it does take forever to dry after a shower. I do love that I can dress and go out without the hassle and heat of a wig.

I think there are several things you really never know the feeling of until you have your own long hair... having to pull it out from under your straps after putting a bra on, or accidentally trapping it in the car window when rolling it up.

It also takes some getting used to sleeping w/ really long hair.

All in all, I like it and haven't considered cutting it any more than taking a few inches off every year just for 'maintenance'.

The only time I don't enjoy my long hair is on really really hot sticky days. All I can do then is try to tie it up enough to keep as much of it off my neck and back as possible.
    Last edited by Cristi; 03-12-2010 at 12:26 AM.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    I have had my hair long for a little over a year now and no one bats an eye about it. I enjoy not having to wear a wig to be myself.
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

Gold Member
    I had a conservative upbringing; no long hair there. Then I did 20 years in the Army; no long hair there. Then I landed a manager's job; you guessed it, no long hair there although looking back, I never thought about pushing it. Now I am in a job with some customer contact, but not management. About 4 1/2 years ago (strangely a little after I started fully dressing), I entered "mid-life crisis" and let my hair grow (makes for a good excuse). I did get one promotion after that and it is looking like another is two weeks away. So I guess the hair isn't a deterrent.

Yes it depends on the kind of company you work for and the position you are in, but I think we do tend to be afraid to push it and try what we want. If you want long hair and haven't been told it is a no-no with your company, why not go for it? If they don't like it, they will pull you aside.

As far as how I feel about it? I love it of course. I wish I didn't have the mildly receding hairline. But I have seen many women around my age with the same, so it isn't a big issue. So during the day, it is tied back. At night, I get to play with it.

And how long do I want it? I haven't reached anything near where I have started considering it to be at a length I will stop at. But some early bad care that caused me to cut it back temporarily and good ole genes are keeping it from getting too long on their own.

Just a girl in the world
    A few years ago when I finally decided to fully embrace my feminine side I decided to grow my hair out. No easy task since I started losing it as I got older. Thankfully modern medicine can help with that. I get a few looks now and then, living in conservative Texas. Especially when I travel outside of Dallas. Granted, I present a somewhat femme appearance most of the time anyway, so I think I do confuse some people. I hear ma'am sometimes, even when I'm not dressed. But I do love having the longer hair, not to mention not having to wear a wig anymore. It's hot here in the summer and the wig would be unbarable sometimes. Work hasn't been too much of a problem. I'm sure they'd rather I cut it, but as long as I tuck it up in a ponytail for meetings and such I don't have any problems.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Always had short hair,and never made any effort to grow it,been dressing since was 10,so even tho had chances to wear lovely outfits,there always was the hair situation to suffer.

But the first time I wore my first wig,It felt like a new beginning,and Sophie was born.every time I dress and wear my wig.its just completes the transformation,and I feel great,Every new wig I purchase fills me with so much anticipation,and cant wait to see what i will look like in every new style I try
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I'm another one who had that 'conservative' upbringing and short hair my whole life up until recently. I have nearly one year growing it now and it is just beginning to meet the collar. I am still getting used to it so I'll have to defer as to how I have adjusted since I haven't yet.

I have begun to look into getting some curls in it though which will bring it to a lesser length above the collar.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Aspiring Member
    I also grew up with the required short hair length and then joined the army for 20 years. After that I was at Sears which required short hair and then I was in a warehouse job and finally let my hair grow. Almost 2 years now. I have had to endure harrassment (teasing) for months from co workers. They were leaving hair clippers around with my name or putting pics of wooly animals on my locker. Finally told the boss and he complained that I can't take a little teasing. I sure wish I could tell him where he can go. He did tell the co workers to stop teasing me about my hair.

Just last year my hair was 6 inchs past my shoulder. Now it just pasted mr ears. And it awesome. For work it in a ponytail.
    Angie

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide View Post
    Many of you seem to be able to let your hair grow long. How does it feel? Any pressure at work? How long do you want to let it grow?
    Since you asked...

I really can't contemplate not having really long and luxurious hair. I love the feeling of it brushing against my cheeks, neck and shoulders, or feeling it on my back.

At work, everybody does their own thing; be it a shaved head, full beard, mustache, piercings, tatoos, or any combination of the above, including the haircut-every-week contingent. When someone makes the "you need a haircut" comment, I just laugh and say, "I don't plan to". Case closed.

Like you, I've been genetically blessed with a full head of hair. I'm in the fortunate position of allowing it to grow as long as I like, and haven't cut it in over four years. No split ends, and I shampoo and condition it every other day. I never blow-dry it, just allow it to dry naturally. And I'm very gentle with it, never pulling out the tangles with a comb or brush, carefully separating the strands with my fingers.

I don't underdress, and I keep it in a ponytail most of the time I'm in guy mode. It serves as a reassuring affirmation of the femininity I carry internally, and I feel that sense of comfort continuously.

And I'll never cut it again. I cut it really short over five years ago to land my current job, and if for some reason I wind up seeking a position sometime in the future, then my prospective employer will make their decision. I've already made mine.

And if I really need to earn a living and can't get hired, I'll go into business for myself.

I'll just say this about that: there won't be any drug tests at my new job; other than it's gotta be killer!

Long hair is really the only thing that interests me with CD. Well it's what pulls me in. For some of you it's a dress, a bra, panties...for me it's the long girly hair...thick, full, long...the other stuff follows

I like the feminine styling of longer hair, ponytail, low braided pigtails, high ones, french, buns, curls, you name it. Earliest memories of it come as a 4 year old watching my mother do hers. Have wanted it ever since. In my upper 30s still have thick full head of hair that some women have even stated how they wish they had it, but I've Never grown it past the ears. I can french braid my own hair even at it's shorter length, and my wife knows how badly I want it as long as her beautiful hair. I style hers, which she loves, and perhaps one day, I'll have my own as well.

It would be a dream come true to be able to pull up, even tie back my own hair. My wife jokes that I'd get nothing done around the house, etc, because I'd be playing with it non-stop, and want her to as well. She's right. Probably better short for that matter.

A wig just doesn't cut it.

Every once in a while I get it pretty long, but since it's so thick on top, I get comments early.

I should just do it, Enjoy what you've got.
    Last edited by DTelia; 03-12-2010 at 02:18 AM.

[SIZE=2]I've been letting my hair grow long for over two years now, and do prefer my natural hair over wearing a wig any day, even though when I did wear wigs, I thought I looked much better, but they were way too hot to wear especial during the summer.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I live 24/7 as a female, self employed & going to college for a medical career, so once employed in the medical field, we will need our hair tied back when working on patients..but for office work can wear it however we want as long as it looks neat & professional.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Recently I had my hair ends trimmed a little when I had some highlighting done ..but it grows back..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I have to say, the longer it gets, the more I love it..and that will give me more styling options because I want to do some updo's, but don't think I'll let it get past my mid-lower back, but who knows...because theres so many options with hair.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

I've kept mine long since around the 6th grade or so. Never really got in the way of anything. I've always kinda taken pride in it. I've had it past armpit-length at times.

It's never gotten in the way of school or work or anything along the way...

jenn

I've been a skinhead more or less thirty years, growing it out sometime to maybe an inch or two long at most before grabbing my Wahl Thrifty-cut and banging it down to a No.2 at the maximum.

This last six months, I have left it to grow... For the first time in my life, I can feel my own hair on my shoulders... The fringe stretches down just past the end of my nose.. The problem is... What to do with it ? It's too short for a style, and difficult to cram it all under a wig cap without half a tube of hair-gel.
    If I did get it styled, it would need to be an either way style, I still have to present male to the rest of the world. Maybe I need to look into wet-styling it at home, and see how it turns out. ATM it 's still too short, and curls up at the tips making me look like my great aunt ! All I'd need to complete the look is the twin set, pearl, and pince-nes

Another drawback is, I lose ten minutes a day attempting to get it all under control in the mornings... Its like a mad monster living on top of my head, I need to bribe it with pink-panther wafer biscuits, then beat it into submission with nuclear strength hair spray... And am armory of brushes and combs. (which I secretly enjoy owning now)

Initially I started to grow it to bug my boss, a complete fool who's hooked on masculinity... I said I'd leave it till he mentioned it, then he promptly took 4 months off sick, and now... Working in an "equality" focused environment, he can't say a damn thing.. but I know he;d love too ! ( what a prat ! )

Personally I have a bit of a hair phobia, I really don't like hair on my body, or my head, heaven forbid I should find hair in my food or worse... Someone elses hair in my bath water !! ERGHH!!!!!! ... But I must admit, having longer hair hanging down my neck feels nicer than expected and will stay for a while yet.
    I do keep up with my neck hair though (nothing worse than a hairy neck), and all the other hair on me is removed and staying that way.

A regret ? I wish I'd grown it long years ago, before it started to turn grey. On the bright side... Male pattern baldness does not run in my family. Dad is 71 this year and only just thinning on top.

Let it Grow baby Grow.

[SIZE=4]I have had my hair long and I have had it short. I have always preferred it long, but like so many here life has forced me to cut it for jobs etc.etc.. Nowadays though I have been letting it grow. I have been blessed with great hair, and now I am just letting it grow. I love the way it feels when it flies in the wind, or when it brushes against my shoulders or face. I recently died it to get rid of my grays that are starting. I have to say though it has more length than it has in fifteen years or better. I absolutely love long hair especially on women and myself. I have never tried a wig so I cannot comment on that. Sometime within the next year or so it will be long enough for me to pick out the new style I want? I have no idea where to go with it yet. I guess I will cross that one when I come to it. [/SIZE]
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/

I had long (about 4" past the shoulders) hair when I was a teenager, but unfortunately nowadays I am follicularly challenged, thus necessetating the use of a wig. It was cool to have long hair, but living in Florida, the upkeep was a real pain in the arse!

Been growning my hair for something like 6 years now, but I get the impression that it's not getting any longer. Can hair achieve a maximum length or something? I want my hair to grow longer and longer and longer until I have to cut it because I'm tripping over it! So the prospect of it not growing any more makes me sad... but I dunno, maybe I just don't notice it getting longer. Subtle changes in length would be difficult to see the longer it gets, after all.

Anyway, even though I have the hair which gets me mistaken for a woman sometimes anyway, I'd love to get a wig. Just something very similar in colour to my own, so that I could plait them into each other or something. Also, because I have a high widow's peak, styling myself any sort of fringe is difficult - none of my hair wants to fall forwards, which I hate because I love the A-bob style! So a wig is the perfect answer to this problem, I think.

Playboy girl at heart Bunny Girl Zoe's Avatar
    Letting my hair grow long to half way down my back just wish was way to make it grow faster.
    Come join me on facebook

Keep mine just below the ears, kind of in a Page Boy style when in drab. When enfemme, it's "curled to the hilt". Wear an attachable pony tail at times, that is fun too. I'm well beyond retirement age and blessed with a full head of hair, that is deep brown, with a few streaks of gray. Hair dresser says that she is envious of me and wishes she had hair like mine. Wish I had grown it sooner, but I too had the corporate image to uphold.

The long and short of it

Hi Adelaide,

I am a collge teacher. 10 years ago I had my hair in a pony tail down to my belt; then cut it, gave it to locks of love for children's wigs who had cancer. Now I am CDing. I have decided to grow it back out.

It was no trouble, but it really was not much girly either. The cosmetology department at the college has assisted me in choosing a new feathered style using pictures of Emma Lou Harris as a model (my hair is grey). If I get the right style, I can pull it back into a pony tail and look like a man (arrghhh) during the day, and whip it into a women's style any time I want to go out.

Maybe you could consider the same thing. Speak with a consultant or even a gg friend who "knows" and try to find a style that will work either way. Mine is not anywhere near a female style yet, but I am hoping.
    Hugs and Kisses
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="3"]Gina[/SIZE][/SIZE]

umm..do to age its currently crawling up my back (currently mid-back when braided) but has been as long as below belt length. I agree its been so long with it long (17 years now) that I wouldn't know what to do without it. When I lived as a woman 79-85 I never let it get past mid-back loose as vanity kept me styling it and shorter was easier to 'play' with.

Jenn

As I have told you before, you look great with this wig, it really suits you very well. Too bad you can not allow you hair to grow.

I use to go through phases bouncing between short and long. In 1990 I decided not to cut my hair but only to trim it every couple of months. Then in 2000 I had an accident where I lost the use of my right hand and was extremely difficult to take care of my hair so I cut it all off. I was going to let my hair grow again once my hand was healed but then ended up becoming a defensive tactics instructor and short hair was much better. Last November I decided screw the instructor thing and let my hair grow again. Unlike the last time where my hair was half way down my back I am only going to allow the length to shoulder length, enough to do a full pony tail. I love toying with my hair, running my fingers thru it. The only thing I would love to do again is highlights.
    SRS January 27

I've had long hair most of my adult life. But i easily pass myslef off as a rocker.
    Lately though, mother nature has played a crule trick on me so I have turned to wigs. (as set for drab, and a set for fem)
    So to anser your question, yes wig hair on your back does feel alot like real hair on your back and sholders.