Thread: Breatsforms 24/7

Breatsforms 24/7

For the past month or so I have been wearing my breastforms 24/7 and lately I have noticed that they arent as noticable to me as they were in the past and I've gotten to the point where I feel incomplete with out them.Do we all get these feelings?
    Kimmy 55

I dont wear them 24/7 but they are on more than they are off.
    When i do take them off i do get the "am i naked" feeling.

Yes, that avatar IS me! Bailey_in_Mansfield's Avatar
    I haven't gotten to wear mine 24/7 in a long time, but a couple years ago there was a 2-week period or so where I wore them all the time except to shower. And yeah, I got to where they felt so natural that I sometimes even forgot I had them on until I looked down. And when I finally did take them off I felt...well, not naked, but not fully dressed. Felt like my weight and balance were off too.

I don't wear mine 24/7 but I do agree that the more you wear them or anything for that matter it becomes second nature to you.
    I under-dress most of the time and most days I don't give what I'm wearing a second thought.
    Tomara

I wear a demi-bra 24/7 but not always. The forms I do not, only while enfemme
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Wearing breast forms 24/7 is not a good idea! The forms won't hurt you, but you are hurting the forms wearing them while you sleep! Regardless of what they are made from, and most are some form of silicon gel, your weight on them will cause them to lose shape! There is no way to avoid this!

Every company that I know of sends instructions with the forms that tell you not to wear them to bed, for the reasons I mentioned! I know they are fun to wear, but you are harming them!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

If you keep anything close to your body for a long time it ends up feeling like second skin to you.

For example, I recently got a Tattoo and for the first few days every time I looked down I got a small shock and recalled I had it. Now it is part of me and I'm very used to seeing it.

Part of me does wonder however, if that is really that healthy.. wearing breast forms 24/7 I mean. I've played with my partners (by played I mean literately flopped them around and played catch. They are delightfully squishy!) and they don't really seem like air could pass through them all that well. Your skin's gotta be able to breath sometimes. Also the sweats gonna build up underneath and that's not going to be all that pleasant. Stale sweat is the worst!
    I may not be perfect, but parts of me are pretty awesome!

Complete Geek and Girl gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    I've played with my partners (by played I mean literately flopped them around and played catch. They are delightfully squishy!) and they don't really seem like air could pass through them all that well. Your skin's gotta be able to breath sometimes. Also the sweats gonna build up underneath and that's not going to be all that pleasant. Stale sweat is the worst!
    Trust me, we know. Yeah, they don't breathe at all, at least not in terms of air passing THROUGH them, but air does manage to pass under them sometimes. They kinda grip your skin as they warm up, and most of the time that leaves little grooves for a little air to get in. When I have gone 24/7 with them, I often would give my skin a few minutes to breathe when in private before going back out again. Any time I'd change my bra or hit the restroom, for example.

Anyway. And yeah if I wear them to bed, I just sleep on my back. Simple.

Banned Read only
    I can't wear mine 24/7 any time. I have a tendency of having to take them off every so often because it starts itching if I don't air off my real chest and wipe off the sweat/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmy55 View Post
    For the past month or so I have been wearing my breastforms 24/7 and lately I have noticed that they arent as noticable to me as they were in the past and I've gotten to the point where I feel incomplete with out them.Do we all get these feelings?
    I can't answer to this as it would be QUITE noticeable to others if I wore mine 24/7 (42c). I do find that since I change in the evening from my male work attire to my femme things that I do resist the idea of taking off my forms in the morning and that I have become less aware of their presence once I have put them on at night.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I've never wore breast forms for extended periods of time, usually just for a few hours at a time when going out. But i've been wanting to take that step recently, so i have ordered a pair that should last. Hopefully they will enhance how i feel when en femme.

when I tried this

a while back I tried this too, It was great fun, but after a while I felt as if I were on the
    slippery slope, wanting to feminize myself more and more. Then a sort of mini gender
    identity dilemma crept in. I was swayed back to the 'homme' side and decided it was better
    to keep my two halves more seperate.

Hi Kimmy,

I know exactly what you are saying. In the past I have had the opportunity to wear my forms 24/7 for a week or more at a time. I have had this opportunity a number of times and will be experiencing it again in about a month. Each time I wear my forms for extended periods of time I usually forget that they are there as they just become a natural part of me.

During these times of living as Nicole full time, I usually feel very feminine and tend to try and do everything possible to present more of a ladylike and feminine appearance. The breasts are just a part of emulating a woman and belong where they are.

Check out http://www.jessica-who.com/, she tried this for an entire month as an experiment to see if wearing a bra becomes boring & mundane adfter time. Good reading.

I love wearing my forms also. However, I do not feel as though something is missing if I do not wear them. I wear drab most of the time and the forms would feel all wrong that way.
    TG is who I am; CD is something I do.

My CD Blog Site

I dunno... sounds like the path better chosen is to grow your own
    Last edited by Blaire; 03-18-2010 at 01:06 AM.
    Life is simple math: Expectations - Realisations = Disappointments.
    Tell ya what... I won't be too easily annoying, if you won't be too easily annoyed!
    Blogging | Twitter | Google+ |
    Acceptance comes in asking yourself the questions... and not caring what the answers are.

I agree with Stitch, we are creatures of habit. This is not related to gender, but I wore a watch everyday (I only took it off in the shower) for over 30 years and I stopped wearing one last summer. I felt as if something was missing for about 3 weeks. But now I don't notice it is gone, and if I should begin to wear it again, I believe it would seem weird to me.

If you stopped wearing the forms entirely for some months and began again, you would likely return to a feeling of novelty as you did when you first started wearing them. Unless you are saying that you do want permanent breasts, in which case I'm guessing you will feel always feel a void without them and you might consider getting implants?
    Reine

I don't wear mine 24/7 either, but when they are on, I don't even feel them anymore. When I shed the bra and forms I feel incomplete, and really notice their absence. I guess they have become a part of me.

I saw a tip a while back about this. They recommended leaving a small strip about a finger's width or so wide from the base of the form to the center of the form glue-less. That way any perspiration has a way to drain. I also agree completely -- I don't get to wear mine nearly as much as I'd like to, and those rare times when I can go all day and all night are amazing.

I have been wearing mine very close to 24/7 for a while now and I miss them anytime I am without them.

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    Wearing breast forms 24/7 is not a good idea! The forms won't hurt you, but you are hurting the forms wearing them while you sleep! Regardless of what they are made from, and most are some form of silicon gel, your weight on them will cause them to lose shape! There is no way to avoid this!

Every company that I know of sends instructions with the forms that tell you not to wear them to bed, for the reasons I mentioned! I know they are fun to wear, but you are harming them!!
    Let me second this warning through experience. I've had my forms for about a year and though I read the warnings, I still slept with them often. Now the left form's gel has separated from the covering on the back and inside edge. The gel has also developed air bubbles on that inside edge and the whole form seems a bit flatter compared to the right form. I knew the warnings when I first got them but thought that as long as I didn't sleep on my stomach, it would be ok. I guess I favor sleeping on my left side, which is funny, because it used to be my right side. I still wear them sleeping occasionally as I like waking up to breasts. Too bad the Breastform store doesn't seel just one side, but I figure that this will be an opportunity to try a different style down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Joanie_Shakti View Post
    Let me second this warning through experience. I've had my forms for about a year and though I read the warnings, I still slept with them often. Now the left form's gel has separated from the covering on the back and inside edge. The gel has also developed air bubbles on that inside edge and the whole form seems a bit flatter compared to the right form. I knew the warnings when I first got them but thought that as long as I didn't sleep on my stomach, it would be ok. I guess I favor sleeping on my left side, which is funny, because it used to be my right side. I still wear them sleeping occasionally as I like waking up to breasts. Too bad the Breastform store doesn't seel just one side, but I figure that this will be an opportunity to try a different style down the road.
    Were those Transform II forms? I've had that happen with a pair of them. That's not due to sleeping on them; it's a defect that occurred in a few forms and they made it out to the market. I sent the BF store detailed images of the forms and they happily replaced them for me.

I suppose even if the ones you're talking about weren't Transform II, the defect could have happened in other ones too. But basically they said that happens if the forms do not cure long enough before shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey_in_Mansfield View Post
    Were those Transform II forms? I've had that happen with a pair of them. That's not due to sleeping on them; it's a defect that occurred in a few forms and they made it out to the market. I sent the BF store detailed images of the forms and they happily replaced them for me.

I suppose even if the ones you're talking about weren't Transform II, the defect could have happened in other ones too. But basically they said that happens if the forms do not cure long enough before shipping.
    No, they're Golden Seal forms, with distinctive left and right sides. They've held up until about three months ago so I doubt that it's workmanship. It's more likely that it's my fault. I noticed at first that the back came away from the silicone, then as I continued to sleep in them, the air bubbles formed and the inside edge got weird. I can smash the edge together with my fingers and make it a little better, but it's nowhere as feathered as the right one is now and after sleeping in them, I have to reshape the edge again.

I have breastforms but hardly ever wear them - though I would if going out for fun at some club or if hanging with other TG friends. Otherwise I prefer to be as close to the real me as possible. Besides, wearing artificial breasts kind of dulls the feeling I enjoy from my own which, yea are small but definitely femme breasts which have well developed nipples that are always erect and pleasant feeling in a wholly natural spontaneous (non-manipulative) way.

I never planned on buying breastforms but when I went to a TG boutique/salon for my 1st make-over session a couple years ago I bought em anyways. Did so only becuz I had a strong sense that the owner who was somewhat persistant (but polite) in her effort to make a sale would be disappointed had I not; and becuz it was right before xmas and I'm a sucker for all that holiday spirit stuff; but mostly becuz she was a totally beautiful M2F TG (I'm a sucker for that too, LOL).

My breasts are naturally large but I do enhance them and when I do place the forms in my bra I feel natural and when I go without them or no Bra I really feel not right. My Breasts are are more on my sides then in front, so to look correct I wear them. I wore them over a weekend with a sports bra and slept with them but did not shower with them, Yes I wish mine were larger in front or that I could push from the sides to the front. Joann0830