Thread: JoAnne begins her transition

JoAnne begins her transition

Dear Girls - it has been a long, long time since I have posted anything and I want all of you to know that JoAnne is in the process of transition from a crossdresser to a transsexual girl - I have been in counseling and I have been to my endocrinologist and I am taking my wonderful Estrogen pills and I am removing all of my body hair and I have chosen my Surgeon - I expect this journey will take another 12 months.

Those of you who remember my posts and all of the struggles that I was having over the last couple of years will be interested to know that the decision to "Transition" has been the best thing that has ever happened to me. No more depression, no more anxiety and no more migraines.

Transition is not for everyone, but it is the right thing for this old girl to do.

I will probably start posting in the transgender section of this site in the future, but I wanted to let all of you know what has been going on in my life.

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

Trying to find balance wishing2bali's Avatar
    Congratulations on your decision. Hope all goes well during your transition..

Joanne, I wish you nothing but the best....and complete happiness in the journey.
    Going TS is not for everyone (and please find a decent counselor when I say this).

Me, I'm not at that stage in my life anytime soon, or as far as I know...perhaps never, but I greatly respect those that do proceed down this path.
    -N

Congratulations Joanne! Wow, what a turn-around! Are you and your wife on the same page now?
    Reine

Wow! May your journey be nothing but the best!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

JoAnne, I wish you the best for your future and I hope your wife is supporting you in your future journey
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Joanne, I wish you the best in your transition. I can tell that you put a LOT of thought into this, and as you said , it isn't for everyone or something to be taken lightly.

Best regards and lotsa huggs, Erickka.

Congratulations Joanne, and good luck on your jouney. May it be safe and rewarding.
    Hugs always
    Beth

Congrats JoAnne. I'm so happy to hear things are working out well for you. It sounds like you're taking all the right steps and it also sounds like they are paying dividends for you. I really glad you are finally at peace with yourself. I know from reading your past thread that you stuggled for quite a while. Good luck on your journey.

Jasmine

Aspiring Member
    Good luck Jo Anne, I haven't posted much about my transitioning, but I love to read about others that go thru it.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

JoAnne, I hope it works out GREAT for u!

Like others here, I'm wondering how u worked this out with your wife!?
    I'm assuming she's on board for the SRS?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Congratulations JoAnne!

Smile

im fairely new here so i dont remember the struggles you spoke of,but if you have finally found peace,and happiness then i wish you well.big hug from jen.
    just a florida girly girl...................................what in the world can make this brown eyed girl turn blue(roxette)

Hi JoAnne,

Although i don't know you, i wish to offer you my very best wishes for your forthcoming transition to the gender you know you should be.

Take care.

Sara xxx

Congratulations Joanne all the best
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Congratulations Joanne

I am sure you will keep us all updated on the progress of your transition
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Untitled
    Glad things are going your way Joanne
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

wow, joanne

Good luck! I don't come back around for a while and then all these surprises!
    Love,

Michelia

"Genius is the recovery of childhood at will." Rimbaud

Wishing you all the best on your new journey Joanne. It's quite a trip so be sure to enjoy the scenery.
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

Hi Joann,
    Glad to hear you have found your path. I do hope your wife is supportive of your decision as I'm sure you're a much happier person now and she can clearly see that change in you.

I hope she will consider joining us in the FAB

Presh GG