Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: breastforms get attention

Aspiring Member

breastforms get attention

I experimented with wearing my breastforms over the last 2 days. I noticed that people stare. Not everyone but some. First time it was a guy staring when I was walking to the bus stop.
    Then someone stared when I was at AMPM.
    Yesterday, I was on the metrolink and the lady who checks the tickets stared at my chest. The lady who drives the bus also stared.
    I checked in the mirror and they stick out enough to get noticed. They were supposed to be B cups and apparently B's are more noticable than I thought.
    What do you when people stare at your chest when you are wearing your breastforms?

I think we need a little more information here. Were you dressed completely enfemme or were you in guy mode??

I thought that was the point?
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

Aspiring Member
    I guess you could say half and half. I was wearing dresses on both days with bras to keep the forms in place. But I had the dresses tucked into my pants and was wearing a coat over the top but no shirt between the coat and dress. And I have some stubble.

Oops, sorry, I misread the original post. I thought it said why do people stare... .

I guess my response would be to look the person doing the staring straight in the eye with that "what are you staring at" look on my face as I've done many times in the past or you can just simply ignore it and turn away. Anyway you slice it, people will stare at something that catches their eye. Its human nature to stare and there isn't a lot you can do about it. I can't even wear a normal bra without getting some stares (I easily fill out a 36B) when I'm underdressed but when I'm dressed enfemme, no one gives me a second glance.
    Last edited by Rachel2000; 03-18-2010 at 01:58 AM.

lol

how could you not expect people to not look?

breastforms are hopefully gonna look like breasts and breasts get looked at ....CONSTANTLY

i think if you are partially dressing then your risk of getting hassled is the highest ..if that happens then you just have to stay safe

since you enjoy wearing them, maybe your best bet is to try to enjoy the folks staring at them..a smile is very disarming

I have been tempted to wear mine out under my male clothes when I go out, but to be honest I get paranoia enough at work just wearing a bra, feeling that everyone else can see what I can feel... I know it's there and so think I can see every tiny detail of it showing through my sweat shirt... So I assume everyone else is expecting to read me and then follow up with the old 'point and stare' routine'. It's a ridiculous paranoia... Very similar to the one a lot of teenagers get when carrying weed for the first time... When EVERYONE suddenly looks like a cop !

Are you sure you're not just reacting to things in this way... You're so sure they will notice that you assume they are ?
    Last edited by Imogen_Mann; 03-18-2010 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Typo

Banned Read only
    So basically, you looked like a guy with b-cup breasts. People get shocked when they see a man with breasts. Either present yourself as a female or don't wear the forms and the staring will stop, at least in that way.

I find that if you just go about your business and just be yourself that most people don't even pay attention to what is going on around them and wont notice what you look like. But like Stephenie stated by the way you were dressed I would guess it was the overall look and not your breasts they were staring at.
    Tomara

Aspiring Member
    Its not everyday one sees a bearded man in a dress. Yesterday, at McDs, there was a man in a kilt. I stared for a second or two. It was only the second time I actually saw someone wear a kilt publicly. Parades don't count.
    If you don't want to stick out then I suggest wearing clothes that blend better. And shave. People will stare even if you are one that wears "goth" or anything considered out of the ordinary.

What do you when people stare at your chest when you are wearing your breastforms?

jiggle!!!
    No these are not womens clothes!! THEY ARE MINE, EVEN THE HEELS. (update 4/01/10) THEY ARE NOW ! ! !

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Bob, u didn't say;

If u LIKED the stares, or NOT!

If NOT, sounds like the girls above, have the answers for u!

If SO, I suggest size C or D forms!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

greensboro nc, wilmington nc, and in the fantasy land of your mind
    Quote Originally Posted by bobi jean View Post

jiggle!!!
    lol that was good!
    when in doubt, dress

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vetobob9 View Post
    I experimented with wearing my breastforms over the last 2 days. I noticed that people stare. Not everyone but some. [...]
    I checked in the mirror and they stick out enough to get noticed. They were supposed to be B cups and apparently B's are more noticable than I thought.
    I regularly wear small C or small D or large E, sometimes G forms, when I go out in "guy mode" (meaning clothes that are probably female but not obviously so.) I find that for me, that unless I am wearing a stretch top that makes the full extent of the projection quite obvious by wrapping back to the chest immediately under the forms, then I don't get any stares. I'm not saying that I never get any comments from the nobs, but they are not often at all.

Note that when I say "unless I am wearing a stretch top", I do not mean "unless I hide my bust away"! For example, I might be wearing the forms in a darted blouse that shows the outer curve of the bust nicely... not a problem. Yesterday, I took the bus while I was wearing a long green dress and my G forms with a bit of bra showing, but no makeup or wig (though my hair is now 4" below my shoulder), and I stood around waiting for that bus for about 10 minutes in my open-toed 3 1/2" heels (not stilleto though): there was definitely a "bust" (the dress cut in underneath it)... no problems at all. Yes, I got some glances, some smiles, but no stares and no-one who didn't turn their attention to something else after a brief moment.

I'd hypothesize that maybe I just happen to live in an especially tolerant city, but I've had the same reaction in three other major Canadian cities.

The only explanation that I've come up with that seems to hold together, is that what-ever brain mechanisms that people use to judge what the "right size" of a bust is on women, the size that looks "appropriate" for them, somehow applies to me as well -- that somehow I'm a person that an E to G bust looks "appropriate" on to other people, even with my guy-face.

And I think part of this "looks appropriate" is practice. You have just started wearing forms in mixed-gender mode: you would be self-conscious about them, and you wouldn't have had time yet to adopt the unconscious movement patterns and "air of lack of concern" that are the mark of "these belong here". People pick up your nervousness and pay attention to that far faster than they pick up on your bust-line as being worth thought and attention.

But it goes deeper than that. I've been out in public in visibly mixed-gender mode many many times, and I've been out fully femme from time to time {not as often, takes much more prep work!!}... and so far, not even one person who knew me in guy mode and then saw me mixed-gender or Dressed, has expressed any surprise at my mixed gender or dressing. I don't mean that "everyone already knows" or "everyone would assume": more like they glance over at me, the cogs in their mind go "click click click" and they say to themselves "Duh, I somehow knew that already, and it's about time that he finally came right out and admitted it!".

Thus, I do not expect that my experiences of "very few negative comments, virtually no stares, a number of compliments" to translate to the majority of other cross-dressers. It isn't that when I go mixed-gender or Dressed that I look like I'm "really a woman" -- it is just that somehow most people know that it is the right thing for me.

Aspiring Member
    I shaved the stubble. I started out this morning with them but then took them off near the bus stop. I'll probably put them on again on the way home. LOL
    But now I am noticing a problem when I am not wearing them but still wearing the bra and the dress, they seem to ride up against my armpit creating an uncomfortable feeling.

Just smile and keep on walking
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    You'll get used to it becuase guys are just like that.

Thumbs up

i have found that even when in mixed gender mode( witch is like all the time any more)that if i walk around with an attitude of total self confidence that maybe only one person in fifty will even give me a second glance.there are so many types of people out there now days you really have to do some drastic shit to get noticed.i do wear a bra under my shirts sometimes,but never brest formes unless i was gonna go out in full femme.any way who cares what people think?im over what others say any more.
    just a florida girly girl...................................what in the world can make this brown eyed girl turn blue(roxette)

got em 'n they nice but don't always wear em. more fun if get looks when au naturel'. small but cute

I own a very small pair of breast forms, and when I dress en femme, sometimes I have a hard time taking my eyes off the mirror. Even though you're wearing B's it's still considerably larger than a guy's natural chest, if you're brave enough to go half/half, you should definately go 100%. I wish I was brave enough to even go out in public en femme, but I always feel like I'm in my comfort zone and don't want to leave it.
    "Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it."
    - Confucius

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dawnforever View Post
    Even though you're wearing B's it's still considerably larger than a guy's natural chest
    Am I that much heftier than average? My band size is 38 (can get away with 36 on about 2/3 of bras), I'm about a size 14, mens M to L... and a B cup would be barely noticeable on me unless I was wearing something tight. Cup size measures volume, not projection; spread a B cup out over the width of my chest and you would have to push quite firmly to get any cleavage (and it would look ridiculous, a two small bulges of flesh pressed together and held in place by something like vice-grips.)

loves shoe shopping
    Of course people are going to stare. Us guys stare at women's boobs because we like the way it looks on women, and women stare at boobs because they're either lesbians or they want bigger boobs.

Last week, it was still cold up here, so I was able to hide a little bit under my winter jacket, but I suspected one dude at a table at McDonald's noticed I had my forms since he kept staring at me while I was in line. It'll be harder to do that now, since it's been warmer the past few days, so only a thinner jacket is necessary.

Or maybe they don't see a guy with a dress tucked into a pair of pants everyday?

bron
    Honey...if you have tits...men are gonna stare...i know...i'm a guy. Having said that...i would love a set of breast forms and i can't wait to be stared at! bron

Quote Originally Posted by dawnforever View Post
    ... sometimes I have a hard time taking my eyes off the mirror.... I wish I was brave enough to even go out in public en femme....
    I understand that. I constantly stare at myself in the mirror. And yeh, we have a rather good time together . (Speaking of staring, kinda hard not to at your avy.) I don't think you're missing much by not "going out". I do now and then and to me it's overrated. It's like... I don't need the opinion of the average person to know I'm awesome, ya know?