Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you enjoy being male (as well as female)?

Former Member
    I like being a male.......I just have an unusual hobby!

I also consider myself as Bi gender...have the female and male mojo going...only way i'd want it...best of both worlds!!!! JMHO...
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    Honestly - no, not really.

I definitely enjoy my male side and guy activities. I love watching and playing rough and extreme sports, playing violent gory video games, and being a big car enthusiast. I enjoy being able to quickly throw some jeans, t-shirt, and a ball cap on without taking 30 minutes to prep. But my girly side also loves being a girl. So I'd have to say that I'm pretty much divided

Princess of Heart
    To be honest, I prefer being male over female. I just enjoy being female from time to time.

The way I see it, I have a physically stronger body than I would if I had been born a girl not to mention I don't have to go through some of the things that a girl would typically have to deal with. I can get ready in the morning in under five minutes and it takes less care for my body to look good.

However, I do get depressed at the thought that I can't do the fun things girls do either, like prom dress shopping. I guess stuff like that is the trade-off.

I know I am a rather lucky guy in the sense that I am not very large, thus I have the ability to switch gender when I desire. But all said, I am happy to have been born male.

Smile

A yes for me. I spend most of my time as a male, and for the most part I am happy with it. As long as I get some "Crissy" time in, mostly on the weekends, I am happy!!!

my wife ask me that question a few times before and I always tell her that I am happy just the way I am the best of both worlds when I want to

Josie, the thoughts you just put on line , is exactly the way i think about it

Gold Member
    Hi Josie...I would say I love being male as much as I love being female. I have gotten to the point of balancing both personas, tho the feminine side can get rather insistant!! Like you, there are times I wish I could experience the everything female, but at the same time, I don't want to lose my male self. It can get to be a real roller coaster ride at times, but it's a fun one, and not one that causes any internal conflict, and not one that I wish to turn off. Yeaa for both genders. I love it.

For years I used the term "bi-gendered" in reference to myself, but I've come to decide that's not the most accurate description. I don't really feel I have dual identities even though I appear publicly looking more like a man some of the time and a woman at other times. To me, I'm just me. Perhaps I think of myself as a gender of my own. What I wear suits the occasion or my inclination at the time. Sometimes it's womenswear and sometimes it's men's. As far as fashion is concerned, I love most aspects of women's fashions and at best tolerate men's fashions. But I've reconciled with the fact that I am male in the most basic of ways and do enjoy some of those ways. I just do not really identify with the male image and I do tend to identify with the female image. Thus, presenting myself as a woman gives people a more honest view of my soul, though to do so I must disguise an important fact about myself.

In our society, it's not considered at all appealing to mix too many masculine and feminine traits, so I feel pretty obligated to present myself as one or the other, though I often go a bit on the andro side.

Lyric

I dress to feel pretty Tina P Hose's Avatar
    I am a guy and being a guy is cool. If I had a magic button to push, I would be a guy half the time and the rest of the time be a girl. What the HELL did I do with my magic button ??
    Last edited by Tina P Hose; 03-26-2010 at 09:54 PM.
    From Madrid to Montreal that underneath it all that Tina prefers pantyhose

Zorro with a makeup brush BeckiB's Avatar
    I love both sides of me. Niether would be complete without the other. My only real wish is that the world would except us for who we are.

It always amazes me that when I tell people of the manly stuff I have done throughtout my life that the first questions is "do you think you did that to over compensate for crossdressing?" of course the answer for me is "NO..I did it because it was fun". Why does the question "do you crossdress to repress those manly neanderthal tendencies?" never come up? LOL

Absolutely enjoy being a male which allows me to appreciate the beauty of a female.

Aspiring Member
    Insofar as I married my soulmate, and had a wonderful son, yes. However I think that's about as far as it goes.

i hate being male I dislike all things male only my fem side make me happy
    Spelling bad because the fairies make love on my keyboard.

Being either

As a girl I wear glasses ALL the time. As a guy, I almost always wear a girdle and stockings under my clothes along with a camosole. Clogs seem to be unisex now but I am always clogs as a guy unless I'm at work. If I have a coat on I wear woman's pants or jeans that sit at the waist. If no coat I wear a shirt untucked. Bottom line is I have way more girly chothes than guys!

Smile

[SIZE=2]I too like being a male and doing guy things. I used to build and race stock cars. I like to do woodworking and refinishing furniture. I play the organ and at present am restoring a 1920's grand piano. ON THE OTHER HAND - When I was young, I wanted a girls body with all the trimmings, but as I grew older, I realised that I would not really want that. Now I would like to have breasts and no facial hair. Best of all, I feel there is two of me and I love both, and I love CROSSDRESSING![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]NANETTE FAYE [/SIZE]

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    [SIZE="2"]For me, I enjoy being male maybe 10% of the time. That number also seems to be declining as I age. [/SIZE]
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

This is a very difficult question for me to answer, which is what makes it so interesting. I cannot honestly say I enjoy being male, but that may be just a matter of general dissatisfaction with life. It may also be a matter of not understanding well what "being a male" means. There are the socially-prescribed "macho" norms--"toughness," competitiveness, perhaps roughness and lack of sensitivity, that sort of thing--that I have never been at all comfortable with or good at. But are they inherently male, or just what society expects? My working hypothesis is that they are not masculine, becuase I am male and do not exhibit these characteristics. Ergo there is no necessay linkage.

Having not had any experience as a female I can hardly say I'd enjoy being a woman more. I suspect it is a lot more complicated than most males, this one at least, would imagine! What I don't like is being "masculine" as opposed to "feminine" in style. I think, given my choice and total freedom, I would be very feminine. But, as I have stated here before, I don't see that as necessarily a male/female distinction, but rather on a different axis. Language confuses and conflates these things, but if one replaces male/female with penile/vaginal, so as to refer to actual physicality, and masculine/feminine with say orange/green (avoiding the obvious blue/pink) and then sexual orientation with simply attracted to males/attracted to females/attracted to both then we see these as 3 very different aspects of ourselves, that may line up in different ways.

Do I like being male in the sense of having a male body? Well, not really. I find female bodies much more attractive, and naturally I want to be attractive. But I've never felt like I was "born in the wrong body." I am not disputing the validity of those that feel that way. I don't understand it, but that is only because I simply do not have that experience. Would I do anything to alter my body to make it female? No, I've never thought seriously about it. Fantasized yes, I admit. But the idea of surgery and hormones and such is frankly rather scary to me. So I guess I have accomodated to my male body.

So, in the end, I guess I don't enjoy being male, but accept it, and enjoy being feminine more that being masculine, but am frustrated by that.

Does that make any sense?

Michaella

Quote Originally Posted by brittany michelle View Post
    We are very happy to co-exist
    Ditto.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

While I really enjoy being female I would not want to live without being male. I find being male harder and more competitive than being female but I still like it. When I'm in drab I love to do typical male stuff like using power tools, or talking about cars although I don't know much about neither cars nor handiwork. I like that part of myself too.

I feel privileged in the way that I am able to try both the male and the feminine view on life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sometimes I feel like an enigma. I love both.
    See box below.
    V
    V
    V
    V
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 03-23-2010 at 11:20 PM.

Not so new of a girl Missy Tanya's Avatar
    Why argue, I have the best of both worlds. And besides, the male side of me is the bread winner, and Tanya is an expensive date. So I work, She plays!!!

Tanya

Quote Originally Posted by Sewing_Sophie View Post
    I try to avoid thinking too hard about what I really am... however, there's definitely a feeling, a mood, that comes and goes, and when I don't have it crossdressing just feels stupid, and I can't do it. It's sometimes annoying, as one part of me wants to feel all the good feelings that come from crossdressing, but if that... feminine mood?
    You are so right. Most of the time I feel like being completely male, but every so often I get a hankering (or itch) to dress. Otherwise it doesn't feel fun/right/me. When I am in the mood though, I always feel like I want to take it as far as I possibly can at that particular time... then I feel like I know when I need to stop. I guess this is just something I've accepted as "normal" me.
    "Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it."
    - Confucius

My femme side has completly taken over.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud