Thread: Careful what you wish for...

Careful what you wish for...

I haven't posted here for some time, as I have been trying to stay away from the net for a while. Thought now might be a good time to revisit with all you super people.

Back in the days when I was very active in my dressing,(under dressed every day, and fully dressed 3-4 times a week), I would wish I had larger breast to fill out my bra.

Three weeks ago I found out I have prostrate cancer, and due to some other medical concerns, I am not a canidate for surgery. The next best option is radition, but before I can start it, the cancer has to stop growing, testostrone speeds the spread of prostrate cancer. To do this I am on a 4 month program of "depot lupron". That is a drug that tricks my body into stop making testostrone. The side effects of this are, breast enlargement( I am a small A cup now), loss of body hair, hot flashes, and mood swings. The doc said I would know what a GG going through menopause experences.

I don't have any idea if, or how large my breast may get, but the wife and I have already talked about maybe wearing a sports bra every day.

Like I said, be careful what you wish for. I had wished for larger breast for years, and now I might get them, but at what cost?

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Mustang,

I wish you full success with your treatment. I have family and friends who have suffered with this disease and with success as techniques have improved significantly over the years. The psychological impact of success is now often greater than anything that happens physically. If it begins to weight on you, you may want to consider professional support there as well as in the treatment of the disease itself.

And yes, I understand the law of unintended consequences. It's like the stories of not being very careful of what words you use when you make the wish after the genie finally pops out of the lamp.

Good luck
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Yipes! It is my understanding that they've gotten very good with control and treatment of prostate cancer. Our thoughts and our prayers are with you.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Oh, MG. I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through. I can hear the pain in your message and I wish there were something I could say to alleviate that.

I hope that you and your doctor have talked at length about this. Most times, the unknown is the scariest part. More information = less fear.

This might be a time to spend more time on the internet; not less. It's a good source of information and will help you with questions you need to pose to your doctor.

We'll all pray for a good outcome for you.

The avvy pic isn't me

Hope

My thoughts and prayers for you and for peace of mind and body. mj (Cassie)

Suddenly I See
    what? where am i? i don't recognize this planet...
    My biggest sympathies go out to you and your family. This is certainly not an easy thing to deal with, my family recently went through the same thing.

If I can help in any way please let me know.
    Hugs
    Kaylee

Aspiring Member
    OMG, I pray that you beat this dreaded disease and recover soon.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I also pray that you beat this dreaded cancer, and soon. Getting breasts like you are is not what you wished for, but it is not the end of the world.

I have natural 40 B breasts and have had them since I was a young boy! I wore a bra in the later years of grade school and all the way thru high school. They didn't have sports bras back when I was a kid so I wore a real bra. No harm at all!! I was already a CD!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I had my prostate removed in 2005, I have been clean ever since. Since you are just starting this journey, I recommend that you get as much information on everything about as soon as you can so that you are properly armed to enable you to ask all the questions you need to ask. I wish that I had done that first. I relied on my doctors and the options that they gave me.

A great source for information from those that actually have or have had the cancer is Yahoo Groups. In their Groups section you will find several good ones that deal with the cancer itself and how to make good decisions and one in specific (PCIA) for those that suffer impotency as a result of the treatment. In both groups you can just read and/or join in conversations and start your own when you have questions.

I wish you the best of luck and a happy future. Please feel free to PM me for further discussion.

that really sucks about the cancer,i hope they get it under control befor it becomes a bigger problem.as far as the drug you will be taking ive experienced a similer reaction to taking steroids. you wont really grow brests but what will problably happen is your nipples will itch a lot,they will get puffy,the ariola will get a little bigger,and you will get a small lump under the nipples that makes them stick out about an inch or so farther than what they do now.its basically a mild form of gynacomastia due to the decrese in testosterone and in the absence of that your estrogen will increse quite a bit,and yes if its any thing like what i went through you will have night sweats,sleeplessness,and yes you will get moody for no reason.i know i did.i dont know if this helps or hinders you but i wish you the very best of luck in your treatment.hugs jenifer m.
    just a florida girly girl...................................what in the world can make this brown eyed girl turn blue(roxette)

I'll pray that they will get it under control, and that you will recover soon. After all, your health is more important than anything else.
    "One day Jessy, I'm gonna show you the world..."

God stepped back, looked at Adam, and declared "I can do better than that!" and so He created women.
    The ITer stepped back, looked at the beta results, and declared "I can do better than that!" and so he created the final version.
    Sometimes in the final version, some of the beta crap still remains. I know, because I'm living proof.

Sorry to hear of your illness , you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Sincerely
    Tomara

Untitled
    Mustang

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Thoughts will be with you.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Sorry to hear about your prostate cancer diagnosis. It was suggested you join a support group through Yahoo. By all means do that. And become active in the group. Ask questions. Lots of them. Better yet do some investigation and see if there is a support group that meets weekly or monthly in your area.
    Do our homework. Docs are generally great and they do care. But they are usually overwhelmed with the patient load they have to handle. Become your own best advocate. Know as much about treatment modalities as your Doc.
    After your treatments and experiences you will be able to help the next person who joins a support group for prostate cancer and needs answers to questions. Someone who maybe has no one in their life and needs reassurance.
    I use to work in a large urology practice. We would always point the way to help and support for newly diagnosed prostate cancer patients.
    And please keep us informed as to you progress.

Smile

here is another hopping all goes good for you.

i am having problems with my "P" these days. but the Dr says it is clean...so far, only enlarged at times. taking 8 pills a day.

loni

I'm sorry to hear of your cancer. The side affects for most of us older girls isn't to bad because we mostly don't care what others are thinking. The mood swings are what bother me. I like to be very quiet and easy going. I'll hold you in my prayers and hope that the cancer fades away with this treatment
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better