Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is dressing a "private" activity for u?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Is dressing a "private" activity for u?

I've read many posts about CDs sharing their dressing experience with SOs and other CDs.

I don't have an SO, and have never dressed in front of anyone. The idea of having help putting on make up, and trying on outfits in front of each other sounds like a LOT of fun!

However, there r SOME aspects of my getting dressed, I would feel embarrassed sharing! Even with someone I was intimately involved with!

Anyone else feel that way?
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 03-20-2010 at 12:13 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I would love to have someone to dress with and help with make-up.Be it a male,female,CD,etc.As far as having some aspects of my dressing I would be embarrassed about I cant think of any.
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 03-19-2010 at 12:27 PM. Reason: no need to quote the whole post
    Kimmy 55

Aspiring Member
    For me it's private. I really don't think the little woman is ready for a big woman. In fact, she may never be ready for the big woman.

Private....Never! My wife is 100% involved in my dressing! From A toZ she loves to play, to the point that we were talking a few days ago about "tucking" I can't do that so she helped design a smoothing system using a 2 inch wide ace wrap! She is the greatest!
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

I regularly appear dressed in front of my wife (though I generally get dressed in private). Also I go out in public as Ruth.
    I should point out though that I present as a regular middle-aged woman when I dress: I'm not sure what you find embarrassing about your CDing but I don't find my activity embarrassing in the least.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

My dressing is somewhat private. I'll do all the under items if you don't mind. The rest, I love the attention. Sat. I am giving the attention to another member here. She is having her nail, hair, and makeup done befor getting here and then trying on some clothes for the rest of the afternoon. I'm closing my thrift store to help her along and I'm sure she will be to die for at some point. Wish I could start the day with her.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Not by choice

My CDing is totally private, but not because I don't want to share. My wife is not too cool with my dressing so I don't do it in front of her, and she doesn't want me to go out in public dressed as a woman.
    Work in progress...
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmy55 View Post
    I would love to have someone to dress with and help with make-up.Be it a male,female,CD,etc.As far as having some aspects of my dressing I would be embarrassed about I cant think of any.
    And she took the words right out of my mouth. I am not embarrassed easily and would love to have someonbe help me to look more presentable.
    Be yourself society doesn't know that there is no such thing as being normal.

If you can't find the silver lining make your own.

For me, it currently is a private activity. But I hope some day it won't be anymore, and I meet some people in rl too that I can share it with. And I hope I meet a gf that will understand, and support me.

Currently I am single so I don't have to worry about that part. As for friends, I keep them out of it, because I have a hard time trusting people after too many bad experiences. So basically I only have to worry about my house mates, but we all have our private bedrooms so it's not the biggest worry either.

I'm not familiar with the abbreviation "SO", what does it stand for?

Significant Other
    Kimmy 55

intrigging thoguht,that would be a lot of fun i think,to have someone to dress with and help with makeup and give tip's. I dress around my so,but never when she is watching me might be something to try this weekend. we are going to have nasty weather outside so some indoor activites might be fun
    Your life is a series of moment's,for each one passed is another one lost.

Dressing with a Friend

Dressing is an intensely sexual activity for me, but self-consciousness is a big inhibition. I'd be much more inclined to make it a social activity if I looked half as hot as I felt.

Heidi

OK, I'm Captain Obvious here:

1. If you are someone that socializes in establishments such as bars/clubs/restaurants, even TG support groups en femme, that makes it semi-public...er, semi private, whatever.

2. If you are someone that takes photos & posts them on the internet, that makes it semi-private, in spite of the fact that the whole planet has has access to you....who's that? Other crossdressers?

3. Showing up en femme in a public place, but maintaning your identity secret is still 50/50 out. I could walk Times Square in New York City (which in my case is Houston St.) doesn't mean that those who are aquainted with you know what you're up to.

Wife/SO doesn't count if they're in on it too, and perhaps keeping it secret for you. Keeping it secret from them is where it would get challenging.
    I am learning/have learned to use my other side of me as an advantage, since a number of friends already know about me. Some epoeple think because I'm artistic, I'm prone to do something like this, so they're not suprised.

*I am a crossdresser.....Period. End of story.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 03-19-2010 at 04:40 PM.

Private for me. Probably will remain so. Even though I have hopes/thoughts of going out in public, I still see that as a private venture. If I let someone who actually knows me in on the secret then it would be more public.
    Kayleigh

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://frisbeegirl14.blogspot.com/

I've dressed with other CD friends and found the experience not embarrassing at all. It helps to have another's help pull up that dress zipper, help you put curlers in your hair, get that top eye brow line straight...etc. The hour went by much more quickly then when I do it all by myself.
    Charlie

Silver Member
    Perhaps you all missed Doc's point. Because of the intense sexual excitemnt involved in crossdressing for so many of you, I think it's the "climax" of the experience that would be the part he would be hesitant to share with another. And he asks if there are any others who share this feeling.

So I will start. The answer is yes. I am no longer a crossdresser, but when I was, it was an intensely arousing interlude in my daily life. In the beginning, my crossdressing sessions always ended in some sort of sexual release. That particular part of the experience I also would have been reluctant to share with another.

I did plenty of public activity, but always there was that special part that I kept just for myself.

Stephie

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaKat View Post
    I've never really considered dressing in front of anyone else. If somehow my wife found out about me, and if (and what a big if I think that would be) she openly embraced my dressing, I still think I'd be too self-conscious to appear dressed to her.
    That is my probem too. Its OK with my SO if I am dressed up around her. I am just too self conscious to do it much.

Completely private for me. Though, I would entertain the idea of dressing with another CD after getting to know them first.

I prefer to dress in private, but that's not always possible. When I started I'd share a room with other girls getting ready for our gender support group meeting. When I go to Southern Comfort, I have a roommate. I can pretty much dress anywhere now, with little concern for whatever state of undress or makeup we're at.
    Countess in exile
    Keep Calm and Dance to Morrissey
    Z and the Universe
    I'm also on Twitter and Facebook

Private for now

Yes, my dressing is private for now, but just one time I am going to dare myself to leave the house, occationally I do but that is only to run to my car in the driveway or the trash outside lol.

It's usually private with me. I understand what you mean when you say that you would be a little embarrassed even with someone you know well. My SO knows, and has done it with me, but I typically only dress when I am alone, and I'm fine with that.

Wink

i used to only dress in private even if i was dressed in front of my wife,but im over it now.now i dress,and even apply makeup in front of her.i finally figured out that her and i put our pantyhose on the same way ha ha ha.but yes it was embarrasing at first.but remember the more you do something the easier it gets.
    just a florida girly girl...................................what in the world can make this brown eyed girl turn blue(roxette)

Strictly private. Nobody I see in everyday life would be accepting, and if accused I would deny it only because nobody needs to know, and nobody I know would handle it respectfully.

Maybe someday I will have the guts to go out in public, but for now I need to perfect the image. I don't show my face in pics because there is nothing feminine about it despite the clothes I am wearing. And to make myself look totally feminine takes time AND solitude, which I simply don't have being a single parent and having to go to work on a regular basis. Perhaps if/when my child goes off to college I might get more contiguous time to work on perfecting the package!!

Karen

I'd love to find someone to dress with and would not be embarassed......hasn't happened yet and I'm losing hope it will.
    [SIGPIC]

Dress alone, yea. Would I with a friend, yea. Embarrassed about anything about myself, hell no. I go out randomly sometimes, but alone. Would love to have similar state-of-mind TG friends to hangout with and GG friends, straight, bi and lez who are down with a cute lil TG like me ... LOL.