Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is dressing a "private" activity for u?

[SIZE=4]It used to be private until I realized who I was. Then the whole world became my playground.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I no longer have any privacy as far as CDing is involved, I am not sure who doesn't know about it, although I don't go around informing people like many that do. I work dressed, socialize dressed and pretty much am in my feminine role most of the time. But, I am still a crossdresser, I am my wife's husband and make sure to share time with her. And yes, she goes out with me and pretty much is totally with the program, and I do her hair and she "borrows" clothes from my closet.[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

[SIZE="3"]Dressing, whether in drab, or lady stuff, is strictly private for me! But, being dressed up, in front of certain folks, would be fun. It is the getting dressed and made up, I prefer to do alone.[/SIZE]

I remember the first time I saw my SO dressing and I didn't really realize how inexperienced he was in the matter. He had told me a week earlier that he was a CDer, so the next week I'm handing him a bra and I sit down and kind of stare at him. He's staring at the bra. I'm staring at him. He says, "I really don't know what I'm doing with this." Awkward situations But, we've gotten less awkward. I think he mainly dresses when I am around...this might have a lot to do with the sexual aspect of it, but it might also have a lot to do with the fact that Hannah might be a mess without my bra and makeup skills. But, you have to learn somewhere, right?
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

Since I became "liberated" by my wife, and can dress around anytime I feel like it, I still haven't too much. I guess that I haven't gotten used to the idea that I can. In as much as being around another CD, I haven't had that oppotunity yet, And I will not give up on finding others that I can do that with. Guess I'm the eternal optomist.

Banned Read only
    Definitely private for me. I think part of the thrill for me is that it's my "dirty little secret", ya know?

My wife, if she ever found out, would NOT be accepting. I don't think I would want to share this with her anyway...I'd be WAY too self conscious. I like my wife to see me strictly as a man. The only way I'd ever consider dressing up in front of a woman is if it was totally just sex, more along the lines of a one night stand or something....

Silver Member
    Private right now... but I have a feeling it's going to go public...

For me it's private but think my SO does know but ignores it. I would not be able now to share with her due to feeling embarrassed of it and in truth I prefer to keep the fantasy alive in private.

I would love to meet other CD'ers to talk to and express my emotions to but never my family friends.
    Gillian.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I like to dress in private. I am totally out to my SO, but I do not like her to see me partially dressed. I want her to see me completely dressed and finished. So the dressing part of my fem side is private, but I like to be around my SO or even other GG's or CD's while dressed. But the act of dressing is best left private.

Aspiring Member
    In my case, it's a private thing between my Wife and I, however I can't think of any part of it that I wouldn't (or haven't) shared with her.

Danielle

Speaking from my SOs perspective (as usual!)... I was the first person my SO had dressed in front of. Stevie said she'd always wanted to share that 'getting-ready-for-a-night-out' feeling and had previously fantasized about someone else being there.

Now the novelty has worn off (for me - it's not so much fun getting dressed up as a woman since I already am one!) and I don't feel the desire to be involved, unless we're really going out. So I might just sit and chat with my SO, or watch the process from a luxurious bath.

She still loves the feeling of me being around and involved even if my role is just to shower compliments and take photos! On the odd occasion that SO has dressed and I've been out, he's felt guilty... as if still hiding a secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi_slave View Post
    Dressing is an intensely sexual activity for me, but self-consciousness is a big inhibition. I'd be much more inclined to make it a social activity if I looked half as hot as I felt.

Heidi
    Hi.Your reply is pretty much the same for me.I'm wondering if you would like to exchange e's as I would love to talk with someone with those same issues.Hopefully talk soon...

Wow can i relate

And this topic is why i need to keep coming here and reading I so can relate to a lot of you. For now it has only been a short while since I told my wife about my cding and still just starting to learn myself what its all about but for now I will agree with the other ladies here it is getting easyier to be dressed around her ( am so in agreance about the "Getting" dressed thing is still a private moment). As far as getting to know cd friends that might take a little more corrage but I am starting to think its a good idea because I think would be a lot easyier to ask another cder to help me look as passable as possibul then the wife since I dont want to rush her and I still think she draws comfort from me being a man in a dress then her seeing me as another women but then again i have never asked.

a bit nutty
    In private. Always, I'm working up the courage to say something to my SO, maybe not everything, but allude to the fact that I'm maybe kinda sorta into that kind of thing.....It would be great if she was accepting, but I would be too embarrassed. I don't know.

Ginger

I started crossdressing after I was already married, so I kind of have a different take on this. In a relationship, you cannot have secrets from each other, or they will eventually tear you apart. When you do have someone else to share with, the word compromise comes up a lot, because they'll feel one way and you feel another. If you work over time with you'r SO, you'll eventually come to some middle ground where you meet all of your needs, and all of theirs as well.
    "Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it."
    - Confucius

Thats what I used to think and then my SO (at the time) walked in and caught me with her stuff on...and yeah there was an embarrassment factor but I couldn't help but notice how turned on I was by it.I would put myself in 'situations' where I knew I was gonna get caught by her.I don't have many intentions of going out in public at this time,it still gets my heart racing to think of her catching me now...even after all the years we've been divorced (cd had nothing to do with it).I kinda enjoyed it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Still hiding View Post
    Thats what I used to think and then my SO (at the time) walked in and caught me with her stuff on...
    I'm not saying that I've never worn my wife's clothes, just never without her okay. The first thing anyone ever told me when I began crossdressing, was NEVER steal my wife's clothes. And I guess in your case it was part of your excitement, but every person has a different situation. There is no one answer fits all, because we're all individuals, and our SO's are all different. So I guess the best answer to this thread would be to TALK about it with your SO.
    "Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it."
    - Confucius

Sorry Dawn,I was replying to Ginger.Oops..

Dressing is a private thing for me at this point. My gf knows I do it and is comfortable with the idea but isn't comfortable with me doing it in front of her just yet... We go shopping together for makeup, clothes etc and she sometimes tries out makeup on me but we both feel slightly awkward about it so it'll be a while before we are both comfortable with my dressing being an open thing...

Quote Originally Posted by jenifer m. View Post
    i used to only dress in private even if i was dressed in front of my wife,but im over it now.now i dress,and even apply makeup in front of her.i finally figured out that her and i put our pantyhose on the same way ha ha ha.but yes it was embarrasing at first.but remember the more you do something the easier it gets.
    Just with gf.

My girlfriend taught me how to put on pantyhose, but that is all I wear around her. If she asked if I'd be interested in wearing more, I'd say yes. Right now, I'll accept what I have since all is well.....

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Spent first few years of my newly found freedom to dress (after divorce) alone,still I enjoyed doing it this way.But I love Dressing with my Wife now on ocassion,its a special experience for us and we just love helping each other with our look,and doing each others nails etc

When we have same night off we treat ourselves to Girlie Pampers night,you know the sort of thing facepacks,bottle of wine and chick flick,A lovely way I think to spend a fun night together.I think in my case there is a happy medium between the both.
    Last edited by t-girlxsophie; 03-20-2010 at 02:27 PM.
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I am totally private in my dressing and I am beginning to think I am in a minority as going out just does not and never will interest me at all.

It looks like it will always be a private thing for me. My wife has no desire at all to see me dressed up. And I would bet that the kids really would rather not see that either.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Jean has seen it all!
    No inhibitions here. Friends and family that know about my dressing see me dressed if they come to our house.
    They, however, don't watch me dress.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Thanks for all your interesting replies, ladies!

I didn't intend this thread to address going out dressed at all. But, some of the replies regarding that, have a different take to them, than I recall seeing before! I'm glad u posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi_slave View Post
    Dressing is an intensely sexual activity for me, but self-consciousness is a big inhibition. I'd be much more inclined to make it a social activity if I looked half as hot as I felt. Heidi
    Quote Originally Posted by Still hiding View Post
    Hi.Your reply is pretty much the same for me.I'm wondering if you would like to exchange e's as I would love to talk with someone with those same issues.Hopefully talk soon...
    I almost gave up dressing before I had even started! I disliked the "man in a dress" image in my mirror so much!
    Then, I began wearing my special faces! Yes, it's CHEATING! But, the only person I NEED to fool, is ME! Now, I cheat every way possible! And, I'm VERY HAPPY with the images in my mirror!
    ( I STRONGLY recommend CHEATING! Until u'r HAPPY with YOUR LOOK!)

Quote Originally Posted by dawnforever View Post
    I started crossdressing after I was already married, so I kind of have a different take on this. In a relationship, you cannot have secrets from each other, or they will eventually tear you apart. When you do have someone else to share with, the word compromise comes up a lot, because they'll feel one way and you feel another. If you work over time with you'r SO, you'll eventually come to some middle ground where you meet all of your needs, and all of theirs as well.
    Yes, I agree with "honesty", Dawn.
    But, u didn't answer the question! Does your wife watch your ENTIRE transformation? Or, only gets to see u as the completed, "Dawn"?

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    I am totally private in my dressing and I am beginning to think I am in a minority as going out just does not and never will interest me at all.
    There r some of us that have NO CHANCE of passing. I also have no desire to go out dressed! If I DO go out dressed in public, I have to leave Sherry at home!
    That's no fun for EITHER of us! So, what's the point?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Mostly private for me. My wife supports me and in the past have I worn a lot of items in her presence, mainly to spice things up. However, these days I just seem to prefer to keep the activity private.