Thread: FTM technology

FTM technology

Hey guys,

A Question that I've been meaning to ask for quite a while is, how far has MtF technology come as far as physical transition? I'm pretty sure what hormones do, but what about beyond that, particularly surgery?

http://transhealth.vch.ca/resources/careguidelines.html

take a look at the PDF there, They have compiled a good list of thing there for those interested to read up on them

Uh, Violet, I hope you meant FtM and not MtF...
    [SIZE="3"]Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are. ~ Unknown[/SIZE]

Oops! yeah, I meant FtM, you know, GUYS!

Well it's up to how people see the results. The chest and hysto surgery are usually fine, but personally I wouldn't touch the lower surgery. Looks like something Frankenstein would turn down [MY OPINION].

I can understand why guys would get it done, it's how they feel, it's their opinion how they see it as is my opinion...I don't think guys who get it done are silly or blind, I find them brave tbh. It takes guts to go through with something like that. Personally I’ll wait until they think up other options.

I don’t think the results are acceptable, and even if it’s done, you may never urinate again, never have sex again cause you might never “get it up” or you might feel nothing because the sensation isn’t there. Tbh, the negatives outweigh the positives [IMO] and a lot of guys I know agree with me.

I’m still young, they might have it mastered in my life time. I’m praying.

So yeah, the technology isn't up to the scratch as it should be, it's more likely a MtF surgery will be successful, and at least they could get a vagina that actually looks like a vagina...we get something that looks a bit...well...no.
    [SIZE="3"]-Broken out of a window in hell-[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by NiCo View Post
    we get something that looks a bit...well...no.
    Mauled sausage.
    Derek

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man? Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi?

yeah, I gotta say I'm with NiCo, not to thrilled about the bottom options...
    The ZP Poem
    Everytime I go to pee, I'm gonna be thinking:

"There's this kid somewhere in PA named Ze. I wonder if Ze has to pee. Does Ze have to hold it, or can Ze let free? There is no fun with infected kidneys.
    Not everyone's body matches their psyche. Whether be sir or whether be she, everyone deserves a safe place to pee. So come on people, let people be."

And then I'll realize I've been rhyming to myself and the guy in the urinal next to me will beat me up.

Count me in the "not impressed with FtM bottom surgery" camp, too. For the cost and amount of procedures it takes, you'd think they would have a hell of a lot better on offer by now The main procedure used (phalloplasty) has hardly changed at all since the 1940s, and there's no way I would have that done because it doesn't look, feel or function like it should. And all the other options currently available are also way below par - I wouldn't spend a fortune and go through the surgery to be left with something that I can't use.

ETA: also,given that there are no longer any surgeons in Australia who perform lower surgery for FtMs, I would have to travel overseas to have it - and as WalT has said, phalloplasty in the US can cost $100,000, and if you add to that the travel expenses and everything else you can see why I couldn't do it. No way would I ever pay that ridiculous amount of money for an ugly, misshapen sausage that has been tacked on, doesn't look like what it should, leaves me with MAJOR scarring that is easily identifiable to anyone who knows how to Google, and pretty much amounts to a very expensive decoration that does very little.
    Last edited by DanielMacBride; 03-23-2010 at 11:22 PM.
    [SIZE="3"]Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are. ~ Unknown[/SIZE]

Yeah, phalloplasty in the United States can easily run you 100k. That's a lifetime of debt. Might as well go overseas to get that sort of surgery done, if you want it. Still, the results are still unfavorable to a lot of FtMs and is probably the second largest reason why 9 out of 10 FtMs does not get bottom surgery.

That's too bad. If the medical community spent as much time on FtM advances as they spend on MtF, your penises would play MP3's by now!

Quote Originally Posted by Violetgray View Post
    That's too bad. If the medical community spent as much time on FtM advances as they spend on MtF, your penises would play MP3's by now!
    HA! Awesome!
    The ZP Poem
    Everytime I go to pee, I'm gonna be thinking:

"There's this kid somewhere in PA named Ze. I wonder if Ze has to pee. Does Ze have to hold it, or can Ze let free? There is no fun with infected kidneys.
    Not everyone's body matches their psyche. Whether be sir or whether be she, everyone deserves a safe place to pee. So come on people, let people be."

And then I'll realize I've been rhyming to myself and the guy in the urinal next to me will beat me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Violetgray View Post
    ROFL that is great!
    SHUT UP AT LEAST THE BUNNIES ARE ON FIRE!!!