Thread: Does Anyone Ever Find Themselves....

Banned Read only

Does Anyone Ever Find Themselves....

Bringing their crossdressing ways into their drab lives subconciously? I've noticed that I always put my belt on the girl way now, despite wearing one as a guy more. I don't even realize I'm doing it, it's second nature now.

I have looked for my purse only to think duh I cant take it with me! I underdress when I can but I have caught myself walking like a girl while I have been underdressed. (I like to practice ALOT) anyway I guess thats as close as I get to your question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

Happens all the time that when sitting down I just cross my legs in a feminine way. So far, never had any comments though.
    "One day Jessy, I'm gonna show you the world..."

God stepped back, looked at Adam, and declared "I can do better than that!" and so He created women.
    The ITer stepped back, looked at the beta results, and declared "I can do better than that!" and so he created the final version.
    Sometimes in the final version, some of the beta crap still remains. I know, because I'm living proof.

Suddenly I See
    what? where am i? i don't recognize this planet...
    I think the more that we "crossdress" the more it "crosses" into our everyday lives. This also ties into some of the posts that i've seen lately about being identified as a more fem guy by others. I feel that unless I consciously decide not to, there are alot of these crossovers in my life. Not to say that everything crosses over, but even my facial expressions have changed over the years.

IMHO its all for the better for me!

Hugs
    -Kaylee

For years now I've dressed from thew waist down exclusively in female attire and have not shopped in the mens section for about 20 years now and am very comfortable with womens sizes and have no interest in wearing mens fashions again - I wear clothes and shoes that are basically passable but sometimes hear comments on my short shorts in the summer and I just shrug it off as that's the way I am comfortable dressing - my wife barely tolerates it or I'd be CDed every way all the time - I love it Ellen

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica Nowakowski View Post
    Bringing their crossdressing ways into their drab lives subconciously? I've noticed that I always put my belt on the girl way now, despite wearing one as a guy more. I don't even realize I'm doing it, it's second nature now.
    The belt thing is interesting. During periods when I'm dressing a lot, especially belted skirts, I find myself having to think twice in guy mode, and there have been times when I started putting the belt on from the "wrong" side. I never have that problem with a skirt.

Wendy

Is the belt thing really different? I must say that I never really cared about it in guy mode but when I search some random fashion pics on Google, I see many people both genders wearing it either way. So I'm not even sure which way is the (fe)male way. Guess I'll just switch it every day now for the heck of it, see how long it's gonna take till someone comments
    "One day Jessy, I'm gonna show you the world..."

God stepped back, looked at Adam, and declared "I can do better than that!" and so He created women.
    The ITer stepped back, looked at the beta results, and declared "I can do better than that!" and so he created the final version.
    Sometimes in the final version, some of the beta crap still remains. I know, because I'm living proof.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

whole attitude

For me, the whole nature of paying attention to Tina's "look" has change my entire perspective! I was just at Starbucks and I saw a guy and his wife having breakfast. They were in their early 60's. The women looked fashionable and prim. The guy (dressed in a suit) had a gut, was hunched over (even sitting down), was sloshing his coffee in his mouth, and generally looked a mess, even though he was dressed for a professional meeting. My thought: If if ever look like that, shoot me!

I was in drab (on the outside), black pants (size 8), black shirt (men's med), cordovan loafers, hair done and conditioned, body moisturizer (the hotel's orange ginger!), had put a second coat of matte-finish polish on my fingernails last night, and even darkened my lower eyelashes this morning! I felt great and realized that Tina had changed my life entirely!

I love my femme self!!!!!

Tina!!!

I've used a fanny pack for years. And lately switched to a straight wallet/checkbook. Lately, I've noticed that I sometime throw it over my shoulder like a purse, instead of around me. The other day, a friend told me I was putting on my Chap Stick, like a girl puts on lipstick. Guilty as charged....BJ

I wear more fem clothes than drab even while in drab mode so I guess the answer is yes
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Silver Member
    Nope... not subconsciously at all! I spend so much time trying to hide myself and put forth a manly face... I am purposely trying to show some of my feminine side and act more natural in public. I'm tired of the facade.

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica Nowakowski View Post
    I did not know there was a different way to put on a belt please fill me in and thanks
    I always have my toe-nails painted.
    Mistybtm

Well, except for generic t-shirts, which I love, I don't buy guys clothes anymore. Though I do occasionally have to wear the ones that I do have to meetings and when giving a presentation and whatnot.

I've always put my belt on the same way. When I was in the military the belt went on by threading without the buckle on the left hand side. I'd always done it this way anyway. So a few weeks I thought that I'd put it on the other way, thinking that since women's clothes often have zippers on the left side that the belt should go the opposite way from guy mode. My SO looked at me and said that I was putting my belt on the wrong way. She knows that I crossdress and approves. So I watched her get dressed and she put on her belt the same way that I always had before.

So is there really a women's way and a guy's way of wearing a belt?
    If I had any idea that therapy, hair removal, hair transplants, doctors and medications were so expensive I would have planned to be rich first.

Smile Every Day

Yes a lot of the time.

Ware feminine earrings,have long nails and hair,small amount of makeup, feminine shirts, walk yes all in drab mode, just cant get the monkey off my back.

loves shoe shopping
    I'd also like some clarification as to what the girl way of putting on a belt is. I usually loop it starting on my left side. Is the girl way to start looping through the right side?

Theres only 2 ways you can put on a belt. I don't really see how one could be a girls way of doing it. Unless your tying it or something.

There is no longer a girl's way

There is no longer a girl's way to wear a belt.

I have wondered this for a few years so have surveyed female belt wearers. It is about 50% left and 50% right.

So get over it - if there was a girl's way, the girls have forgotten.

There now seems to be a blur (perhaps even a pink fog) as to whether garments are male or female. My femme jeans do up the same way as drab jeans - button on the right, and I have seen denim jackets in the female section with the buttons on the right.

I checked out my wardrobe and I even have front fastening skirts where the buttons are on the right / zip flap on the left, although most are on the left. I think the rag trade has throw out the rule book as far as this is concerned. Then again the side on which the buttons were placed is based in history, something to do with one sex having dressers.

Whenever the term unisex is used you can bet that the buttons are on the right. Heaven forbid that a guy might be seen in a garment that is buttoned for females!

I rarely wear a belt, but I always thread it through the loops so that when fastened the trailing end points in same direction a fly overlap. I think it looks tidier that way.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronica Nowakowski
    Does Anyone Ever Find Themselves....
    Bringing their crossdressing ways into their drab lives subconciously?
    [SIZE="2"]Yeah, I do all sorts of “girl” things unconsciously these days. Crossdressing is a pervasive lifestyle that seeps into normal existence like mold in blue cheese – I sit a certain way, dress a certain way, and act a certain way, all according to my chosen way to “be.” Even here, in this cyber-psychologist’s venting couch masquerading as an open forum, I find myself getting all girly polite and proper, biting my tongue (withholding my fingers), and resisting the impulse to say what I really think. That would be counter-productive, unsupportive, and…er, male

In many ways I come here to connect with (or use) this parallel influence of crossdressing to good effect. It’s an exercise, a fun hobby to make it seem like it’s all matter-of-course among the other femmes, as they wait their turn to tell everyone about their fascinating lives. Now, if I was younger, I would word that last sentence differently, but, since I’m at the peak of primness, I’ll maintain my decorum at all costs…

BTW, Veronica, I enjoyed your views and insights into history and politics while they were allowed. I was going to post along those lines in situ, but someone closed (slammed) the door. I could see this coming, but it bothers me nonetheless, mainly because other, less intellectual threads based on fabrications or unpleasant language are welcomed. I could word that differently as well… [/SIZE]

Sure that happens to me a lot. I'm dressing up more and more each day but untill I make the full conversion in one direction I've noticed my behavior, voice and other things tend to take a while to reset back. Even then though I often find that I can't turn off my fem side, the best I can do is try and put on a "manly" mask untill I can get dressed up again or when I'm just alone with my fiance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessy View Post
    Happens all the time that when sitting down I just cross my legs in a feminine way. So far, never had any comments though.
    I do that ALL the time... I'm doing it right now!