Thread: I purged two weeks ago.....

I purged two weeks ago.....

.... and that didn't last very long. I just picked up some pantyhose and tights during lunch and am about to order three awesome pairs of heels. I don't know why but I can go weeks without dressing when I have clothes, but as soon as I throw everything out I can't stop thinking about crossdressing until I go out and by more clothes. Does anybody else have these feelings?

Oh and that's the last time I throw my stuff out (hopefully). I had so much awesome stuff!! Plus it gets expensive. I don't know why I feel the need to do that like once every year. My wife knows and she doesn't care.

The pink fog attacks yet again. We always seem to want what we don't have. You didn't have the clothes and you wanted them. Next time you'll hide the clothes in the attic or basement. You may never want them again.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Live and learn, right? If I could make a suggestion... next time (if there is a next time) weed out your wardrobe rather than getting rid of all of it. Throw or give away no more than half of what you own. That way you can at least hold on to the best stuff in case you want it later.

I understand why people purge, but haven't you read enough posts of purgers, that are sorry they did it.Try the box in the garage or storage unit, instead of Good Will. Unless you are using it as an excuse to buy a new wardrobe, then it's fine..BJ

Silver Member
    I second (or third) what the others have said... next time... store them somewhere you won't find them. I did that last time... threw everything in boxes and stashed them in the top of a closet. Thank god I didn't get rid of them!

Purging bad...

...skirts good! My last purge lasted 7 years! But a day never went by that I didn't think about getting all dolled up! Next time think storage! I know I will!
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

Use the purge as excuse to buy some of the latest fashion.
    I find clearing out the wardrobe once a year an good excuse to go shopping and get the latest fashion.

i think we all have done this at one time or another, I got rd of all my stuff 2, now I just pack it away

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]So maybe purging is sort of like stopping smoking. If you don't have any cigarettes, then you want them all that more. So keep an opened pack, let them get stale and dry. You know that if you light one up, it will just about explode from being so dry and it will burn going down. So you just stop.......hopefully.

So keep your stuff in the attic, or crawl space, or behind the fridge, or under the sink, or with a friend.
    [/SIZE] [SIZE="4"]Just don't throw it away![/SIZE]

Aspiring Member
    been ther done that , burned atleast $ 100 worth of stuff, and less than 2 weeks later I ordered even more!

purged a couple of times, once was the wife doing it for me
    The thought does still cross my mind every now and then and when it does I get dressed and poof no more thoughts of purging. Plus I couldn't aford to buy an entire wardrobe again!

Ugh, purging! I used to do that all the time. It never achieved anything except making me feel worse. Now I think I need to purge my underwear drawer just so I can get some more comfortable knickers (and prettier!)

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    This is very common that why it is best to just lock everything up and save money

i purged when i was in my middle teens , where i burnt all mt clothing (bit like a 60,s bra burning thing ) i thought that would help get it out of my system . NOPE ! diddnt help was soon back buying again , Then in my early 20,s after an incedent where i sort of got caught out , i dumped allmy clothing in a trash can o the way home, i am still not sure if i was punishing myself for being not carefull or was really trying to find a way out . soon after the clothing was there again , i knew then it would be with me to my grave

, my advice or comment on prugeing is does not help except to clear out the old fashions , just acept it and save the money as you will soon be back replaceing the loved lost items

Yep, purging never helps, I wrote an article a while back on my experiences with it here --> Beat the urge to purge

The only thing you ever "accomplish" is losing more money when you want to replace or restock your warddrobe.

As so many of the girls have said, purging is bad but good for the economy when we dress again. I understand about purging, I just went through a 2/3 month stent of not dressing and this last week I was dressed and enjoying myself out shopping again. Didn't really find anything that appealed to me, ah darn.

Hugs,
    Alice

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I can say very truthfully that in the 70 plus years I have been dressing I never really purged! Got rid of stuff, but it was always replaced before it totally left my possession.

The advice to store items rather than dispose of them is good. The only thing to watch out for is harm to the articles from being stored. You will want to make sure they are properly protected during the storage time. You will want them again!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Purge!?!?

[SIZE="3"]Once only and NEVER again!!!![/SIZE]

Purge?

Purge, you say?

Send clothes here!....I'm trying to save money.

Banned Read only
    Oh, and by the by, purging when you're not absolutely sure is definitely a mistake. I'm selling off a bunch of stuff because I really just have way more than I need. If I was single, I would just keep everything I ever bought, but being married and a in-closet CD, I constantly worry about the size of my stash. I figure the bigger it is the easier it will be to stumble upon. Beyond that...it's weird...for so long this part of my life has consumed not just my thoughts, but too damn much of my time as well. Sitting at my computer surfing websites browsing for outfits and lingerie...I'm just sick of it. I've got so many other things that I need to attend to, and frankly my CD habits are just getting in the way of my dreams at this point. I'm still keeping a small stash just in case I get an urge again, but I figure if I go a year or so and that stash remains untouched, then it's going in the dumpster. I love shopping for outfits, shoes, and lingerie, and I love having my own private fashion shows, but I'm starting to hate the fact that I love it (if that makes sense...). I'm not purging quite yet, as I want to make sure that I'm making a completely rational decision, one that will stick and have a firm foundation in logic...we'll see what happens I guess. I feel like I'm on my way to hating it more than loving it. It's sad, a bit, as I have many fond memories of dressing up and doing risky things while skirting the line of getting caught...but not all things that we enjoy in our past are healthy in our present, or our future. I think, for me, CD'ing is rapidly becoming something that's just meant to be part of my fondly remembered past. Of course, I've been known to be wrong before about certain things....

Sorry for the long post, just needed to think out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Who View Post
    Yep, purging never helps, I wrote an article a while back on my experiences with it here --> Beat the urge to purge

The only thing you ever "accomplish" is losing more money when you want to replace or restock your warddrobe.
    I couldn't agree more. My last purge (and it will be the last one) was about 6 months ago and it was a doozy. Along with at least $1,000 in clothes and shoes, I also threw out 4 wigs, 2 sets of breast forms, a shit load of makeup, jewelry & accessories and also shredded a DVD that had my photos and a lot of contact info. I have not yet replaced the forms or the wigs and have no photos. All of this happened before I accepted myself for who I am. If I had found this board before that purge, I would have taken the advice offered here and never gotten rid of anything. Live and learn.
    When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

The reason I purged in the past is plain and simple: SHAME. Some days I would think way too much about my crossdressing and I would come to the conclusion that if anybody were to find out I did that I'd be the scourge of society and they'd chase me out of town with pitchforks and flaming torches. A little over the top, but it was enough to scare me into throwing all of my stuff away.

Back in the beginning of January I adopted a "do not care" policy regarding what other people think of me and I'm much, much happier. I've never thought about purging since then.

So I think you need to figure out what your comfort level is with your crossdressing. And since your wife knows and doesn't care, it really is all about you.

I saw a good suggestion--possibly on another thread here?--to use Ebay to purge, saves money and takes longer. I suppose donating to a shelter might be an option too if the clothing is appropriate for that.