Recently I felt the need to try to come out to those in my family. For some months my older daughter, age 41, who is living with us knew about my cross dressing. In fact, she had initially caught me in the process. I was caught but she assured me that she was fine with it. In fact, she wanted to have makeup sessions together. Then, it was wanting to go out together and we did that a few times. Through all of this I felt very uncomfortable as she was exerting some power over me due to the fact that we both had a "secret". I finally realized that it would be better to tell others than either have her control me like some sort of blackmail or have the others find out from her.

So, I began telling others, esp. my wife. My reception on this was mosty ok. I finally worked up the nerve to tell my wife. I told my daughter that and she became quite agitated. My wife initially reacted with questions and some concerns but was dealing with it. Then, I had a support meeting to attend and told my wife that I'd be going. She was sort of ok with it but not thrilled. I reminded her of the meeting and made sure she knew that I'd dress in femme to go to the meeting. She became very upset and said she didn't want to see anything. The day of the meeting she had errands to run so I made hast to dress before she returned. Wouldn't you know, she walked in about the time I was leaving. She went balistic and fled the room and wouldn't even listen to me. I went to the meeting and when I came home, the whole world had changed. Now I am facing divorce and have left the house and the area for a while. ALL of those in my immediate family have now turned on me and will not even talk, answer emails or anything.

I have myself to blame I guess but I now know that my daughter has lied about what we did together and played herself up as a victim of some sort of abuse. I am still totally blown away by it all and there is nowhere to turn.

Thanks for listening,