Thread: My feet are killing me !!!

Scaredsis

Unhappy My feet are killing me !!!

I am curious, I have just recieved some new shoes(some of you may know)that have 4'' heels. These are the largest heels I have ever worn. I love them. But it appears they don't love me. I just was wondering do you girls go thru the same problem.
    If so, is there a way to make them more comfortable. Or is this one of those "You have to suffer for beauty things". Any help will be appreciated.

Hugs,
    Betty

~~Post Modern Romantic~~ KewTnCurvy GG's Avatar
    Coming from a GG (who used to wear 7 1/2" platform shoes in the 70's), you live with it. Sorry to say. However, there are brands better constructed for longer wear and generally, I never buy over 3" heels anymore and stick to the just under 3" for me going out heels. Your problem is why you see less GG's, on a day to day basis, wearing heels. They hurt!
    ~Dear Dorothy,
    Hate Oz, took the shoes, find your own way home.
    Toto~

Tristen Cox
    Took me a long time to adjust to wearing high heels over three inches.
    And yeah some still hurt after awhile. Side padding helps. Although I have to agree I don't see women wearing many 4" heels for long periods of walking. Sometimes beauty is painful.

64 and still pretty Steffie-Lee's Avatar

Wink 4" HEELS....

I wear 2" to 3" heels for the street. Any higher than that are just to sit (or lie) around in and look sexy....

My first pair of shoes were 4 1/2" heeled sandals. They fit very well and I found I could wear them for a evening with no problem.

Of the many pair of heels acquired later, I can wear some Ok for an extended period of time an others are just feet killers. The feet killers get returned or go to the thrift store very quickly.

My suggestion is to try them on in the store and only buy those that seem to be OK. And be sure that the store will allow returns, if after you get them home and try them for an hour or so, and discover thay weren't all that good after all.

While good fit part of being able to wear heels, how you walk in them is just as important. There is some good info on the internet on how to walk properly in heels.

The only thing I find difficult, is driving. I usually wear a low heeled shoe while driving and change to my heels before I get out of the car.

I usually wear a 3" to 4 1/4" heel when dressed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Starluscious

Thumbs up this is not a put down

The folllowing I'm about to say is not a put down. just the truth about me
    I have worn heels of all heights and such for years and never had problems. I've worn sexy platform boots with huge heels and never had problems. I kid you not ladies. I could walk around in shoes all day and all night. I wouldn't lie. I am the rare exception. I"m sorry that you have pains. I hope they go away

Love Starluscious

Unfortunately, as a friend once told me, "It hurts to be beautiful"......

I can only wear anything taller than 3" for a couple of hours before my feet really begin to hurt And every woman I've talked to about it has basically the same issue.....

Joanna

I try and keep my heels to 2 or 3 inches. At 5'10", I don't feel comfortable being feminine at 6'+. But, I do have a pair of drop dead, red, 4-1/2" heels, with double ankle straps, pumps. I keep them for around the house.
    Hugs,

Teddie