Thread: First time out

First time out

Hi Everybody,

I have a question: I am a crossdresser for a few years and still in the closet. Last month after finally contacting a support group, a member succeeds to convince me to go out for dinner and meet other transgender. Even if I been told that I passed I don’t have to tell you that I was very shy to walk outside on the sidewalk to get to the resto. After talking for about 30 minutes to the group everything came relax, they all were very nice. My question is: is it normal that when a real woman (female from birth) passing close to me I feel very very shy.

Suzanne
    Suzanne

[SIZE=4]Believe me, you are going to feel excited every time a GG walks past you simply because you will feel she will be judging you, and she will. That is simply the way women are. They size up their "competition" and make mental assessments as to where they stand on the "list" of available females. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Besides, it is really awesome to get out and you have already experienced the rush and freedom of being out there.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

You will get excited when a GG passes you by and makes no comments or gestures. For us CD's that is a sign of passing.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Your feelings are a reaction to your thoughts about the situation. What you tell yourself. It takes time but you need to tell yourself you are the woman you see in the mirror and not a guy in a dress. Go about your business like a woman would. Be confident. Most people you will come across will not pay you much attention. Based on your avatar you pass, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by suzypier View Post
    My question is: is it normal that when a real woman (female from birth) passing close to me I feel very very shy.

Suzanne
    My observance of their reaction is from sheer amusement to suspicion. I don't think there is any one reaction that you will get from a woman or a man. Everyone responds differently, including women. The trick is having confidence in yourself. Act like you are having a good time (which is what you should be doing) and interact with people. The confidence in yourself is what people will see....meaning the fact that you braved going out in public dressed like a woman.

And I agree with TamaraV's statement: "Besides, it is really awesome to get out and you have already experienced the rush and freedom of being out there".

Hi Suzy,

Feeling shy when someone passes close to you is a very normal feeling when you first begin going out en fem. The more you venture out and the more confidence you build in yourself, the more relaxed you will feel. When we first go out we have doubts in our ability to pass and be accepted. As time goes by we learn that we either pass or we learn to just not worry about it.

The feelings that you are experiencing are exactly the same ones that I experienced when I first started going out years ago. Today I feel fully comfortable and totally confident when I go out and with time, you will also.

Thank you all to reassure me and make me feel more comfortable and also help me to have more confidence in myself.

Have a wonderful day. Suzanne
    Suzanne