Thread: Time to start planning a Halloween Costume

Time to start planning a Halloween Costume

I've always been into Halloween and I'm sure a lot of you are too. I tend to spend WAY to much money on my costumes. I've dressed up for Halloween the past three years pretty well.

2007 - Victorianish Female Vampire

2008 - Bride Zombie

2009 - Pregnant Zombie w/ baby popping out of the stomach

Now for 2010 I'm really not sure. I've pretty much exhausted the zombie thing. I don't want to do it a 3rd year in a row. As you can see I try and be pretty creative and do off the wall things. This year I've had a few things in mind but I was wondering what you all could come up with. I LOVE unique ideas, not that mine are, but I like to put costumes together and do things that are not so common.

Right now I'm kind of thinking about doing a Samus outfit. Samus Aran is a character from the game series Metroid. It wouldn't really be crossdressing but it would be at the same time. Samus is a chick that wears a full metal suit. I do metal fabrication as a hobby and I think this would be a fun project but alas, it is not very girly and I'd much rather wear the metal Samus suit to some sort of sci-fi con than for Halloween. Think of a female Iron man.

Samus Aran
    http://www.gearfuse.com/wp-content/u...8/07/samus.jpg

Her Suit
    http://image3.examiner.com/images/bl...mus_aran_1.jpg

I've also had thoughts of...
    1. Selena from Underworld
    http://image3.examiner.com/images/bl...Underworld.jpg
    2. Harley Quinn, The jokers accomplice - http://fandangogroovers.files.wordpr...rley-quinn.jpg
    3. Kerrigan, Starcraft 2 Character - http://25.media.tumblr.com/PL8xUi8OE...oDgAo1_500.jpg
    4. Lady Deathstrike, Marvel X-Men Villian - http://www.superherodb.com/pictures/...eathstrike.jpg

ANYWAYS! Post up some ideas if you guys have any.
    Last edited by Sandra; 03-30-2010 at 09:16 AM. Reason: IMG tags removed hotlinking is not allowed

wow! I don't know what to say, except that your costumes are GREAT and so original....I just love the zombie bride..maybe I can convince my wife to let me be that this year.....

Banned Read only
    yea, you better hurry, only about 7 months left.

I've already been asked to go as a male anything. Yuck
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Hi - can you dress up for work ? - I worked all my life as an RN and dressed up as a female nurse one year and as the unit social worker the next and as the sw I wore black pantyhose, 4 inch black heels, my stretch denim mini skirt and a nice white blouse over my 40 B breastforms plus my wig and all the makeup and I got many compliments on my legs and ability to walk in those heels and I absolutely loved it - one of the female RNs fely my breasts and was she surprised - try it at work if you can - Ellen

Gold Member
    You have to look at the calander: Easter is comming, where is the bunny
    outfit. Heff would be hurt if you at least did not try for one. LOL Rader

oh oh Harley Quinn,she was the best and what a snazzy dresser
    Your life is a series of moment's,for each one passed is another one lost.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I'm with u, Rader!

Quote Originally Posted by RADER View Post
    You have to look at the calander: Easter is comming, where is the bunny
    outfit. Heff would be hurt if you at least did not try for one. LOL Rader
    Followed by all the spring and summer outfits to unpack and try out.
    4th of July red, white, and blues!
    Bikinis, etc. around the pool!
    Organize and pack suitcases for SCC.

THEN, start planning for Halloween!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I like to get a jump start on my Halloween outfits. The vampire one took me 2-3 months to put together. If I make the Samus suit that's going to take me at least half a year to make.

Gold Member
    Fohaley

OK: Just like the Chicago Cub's.... Wait until next year. LOL Rader
    Last edited by Nigella; 03-30-2010 at 02:27 PM. Reason: No need to quote preceeding post

Aspiring Member
    my vote is harley quinn, ive always loved that character, so naughty in a bad way yet seems innocent, liked her with her hair down tho

And this Arkham Asylum pic is so gothic glam

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs32/f/20...BaneBoogie.jpg

you could even make your own name tag

I LOVE the Harley Quinn costume. Preferably the skin tight leather one piece but.... I don't think I could pull that off at all. I might be able to. I know I could always change it up but the old school themed Harley Quinn has that black and red suit on. OMG hawtness. Maybe if I added a battered skirt and a diamond shaped thing around the neck it could work. Possibly a black and red corset in the middle. Like a combination of the Sabrina from Underworld and Harley Quinn.

Halloween is often pretty boring around here. If there's any party at all, I might just go as my feminine self (since I never go out as a girl), with maybe just some halloween dress, but nothing too much. Love your outfits, very nice that you make them yourself!
    "One day Jessy, I'm gonna show you the world..."

God stepped back, looked at Adam, and declared "I can do better than that!" and so He created women.
    The ITer stepped back, looked at the beta results, and declared "I can do better than that!" and so he created the final version.
    Sometimes in the final version, some of the beta crap still remains. I know, because I'm living proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Fohaley View Post
    I like to get a jump start on my Halloween outfits. The vampire one took me 2-3 months to put together. If I make the Samus suit that's going to take me at least half a year to make.
    I vote Samus or my favorite looks:

Those are pretty cute. I have broad shoulders so I try and go for outfits that have sleeves and can cover up my upper arms. I'm going to start pricing out the metal for the Samus outfit and get a start on it.

I've got a kinda of crazy idea too. As if it's not enough of a twist to have a full metal suit made up, most people make stuff like this out of clay, fiberglass, plastic, etc, I want to make a semi-functioning jet pack. Not one that will actually lift but one made from a turbine engine. They are fairly simple to make. But that's after most of it is done assuming I do it.

There's always mixing and matching things like I have done with the above three costumes. Pick something that is pretty common and then give it a small twist with adding another costume. Vampires are always awesome. So... vampire wench, vampire superwoman, vampire harley quinn!!! haha. the zombie combination thing works a lot better since you just take whatever costume you have, rip it up, bury it int he ground for a day, and then spatter some motor oil and fake blood on it.

Some ideas I totally forgot
    1. Princess Peach - TOTALLY AWESOME - http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/351644-Ma...er_display.jpg

2. Chun-li - kinda of eh on this - http://www.luminousether.com/mockhol...F2/chun-li.jpg

3. Rogue from the X-Men - Kinda cool - http://www.interzone.com/~cheung/Heroclix/P/Rogue.jpg

4. Princess Zelda - Like the really intricate dress which would of course take a lot of time to make but dig this one too. - http://darkdiamond.net/wp-content/up...px-ZeldaTP.jpg

I'm still leaning a lot towards Samus though. I just can't get away from it as being one of the most recognizable characters next to Zelda and Peach, along with being a totally awesome outfit.

Halloween

Me I'm boring, just dress as a Hooker every year. Willow

I'm thinking about beeing Lady GaGa, with a giant,,, ummm,,, male apendage.... I'm sure we've all heard the jokes about her? SHe even made light of it in one of her videos.

I'm personally a fan of Kerrigan, but I'm a huge Starcraft geek so, yeah I might be a little biased From the looks of your past costumes you'll probably have the skill to pull off whatever you go with.
    "It makes no difference whether the voices in their transformations have each other to depend on or not. Smooth them out on the whetstone of the universe (tian), use them to go by and let the stream find its own channels; this is the way to live out your years. Forget the years, forget duty, be shaken into motion by the limitless, and so find things their lodging-places in the limitless." ~Zhuangzi

"everyone here hates everyone here for doing the same thing that they do." - Less Than Jake