Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a compulsive disorder, please help.

I have a compulsive disorder, please help.

I am a compulsive ebay shopper. I type in “dress 14” or “heels 9” and start looking for a bargain. After what seems like 5 mins. I look at the clock and 2 hours have gone.
    Please tell me I’m not alone with this affliction. The only positive thing about it is the lovely dresses and shoes I have. I will overcome this thing, but not just yet.

SUZY

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I'm right there with you. Although size 14 dress and size 9 heels just won't work for me. I need a little more space.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Shopaholic Here!

Hi
    I totally get where you're coming from. I love shopping too, for about almost everything, make-up, purses and clothes. It can be a problem when I'm really broke because I couldn't say "no" to a new accessory.

Yep, me too. I start my search with Plaid Skirt, then narrow down by size. Obviously, I love plaid skirts

Got a VERY cute little pinkish plaid lined mini last week.

suzy1, lets see, ... 5 min = 2 hours on EBAY, sounds like my $128.95 tube of lippy I picked up at Clinique the other day. Only wanted a new tube of "After Party" ... but then there was some new moisturizer, and some foundation, of course the mascara, and some cream remover, plus some eye firmer, and , ... then there was, ...
    You understand, ...
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

[SIZE=2]I've put myself into self imposed exile in order to stay away from E Bay while attending college, otherwise I'd spend all my living expenses & textbook money...!!![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]So I do understand the addiction completely...and know that your far from alone...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]I can only imagine how many great deals I've missed out on by now...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

You are alone, don't let anyone fool you. The rest of us are there for 4 hrs.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Ebay is the best. And yes it is highly addictive. The ebay addiction has helped me not having to bother working out a diet plan. By the time I'm done shopping on ebay I have very little cash left for food. But do I have some awesome skirts and dresses and accessories.
    Plus I'm undewhelmed by alot of what I see in malls and independently owned shops. But there are so many great styles available on ebay.And don't forget vintage clothing. I guess moderation would be a good thing. I just never practiced moderation.

[SIZE=4]I don't know, that sounds about right. This site, eBay, and a couple of other sites and the whole day or night is gone. My Visa card is bent, wallet empty, and the UPS guy is on a first name basis...[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

And so what is the problem, exactly?

- Diane

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    I am a compulsive ebay shopper. I type in “dress 14” or “heels 9” and start looking for a bargain. After what seems like 5 mins. I look at the clock and 2 hours have gone.
    Please tell me I’m not alone with this affliction. The only positive thing about it is the lovely dresses and shoes I have. I will overcome this thing, but not just yet.

SUZY
    14 and 9, those are my sizes! PM me if you like, and I'll send you a link to some stuff I'm selling online.

And, yeah...I do the same damn thing. For a while, I had a thing for retro and rockabilly type dresses, so I would always search "retro dress L" or "rockabilly dress 14"....I found some nice stuff that way. Always a good time getting some new dresses in the mail and trying them on right away...

If you're serious about seeking help, here's some information:

http://www.recoveryconnection.org/ad...e_shopping.php
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    If you're serious about seeking help, here's some information:

http://www.recoveryconnection.org/ad...e_shopping.php
    Thanks but I’m not seeking help, I’m seeking encouragement!!!!

Ooops, sorry. I guess I take things too literally.
    Reine

I can now see that you are joking about it but in all reality it can become an addictive problem if you are not careful so i am not sure that encouragement is the right thing .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

I'm a seven day a week ebayer, currently watching 70 items ranging from panties to party dresses and everything in between.

Tina L.

Quote Originally Posted by Tina L. View Post
    I'm a seven day a week ebayer, currently watching 70 items ranging from panties to party dresses and everything in between.

Tina L.
    That’s good to know, there is someone worse than me. Makes me feel so much better. But if I try really hard I will catch you up, so I am going to try real hard. Ya!

i have it bad in my house me an my wife both love to shop for shoes we have over 200 pair of shoes an so my dresses its not funny
    so yea am in the same boat lol

Two Words

Craigs List!!!!!!
    High Heels, are there any other type of shoe?

OK, who's bidding against me on the vintage slips?
    Just kidding!

I got about 30 nice ones, waiting for the last 6 to be delivered now.

Does anyone else feel like a little kid at Christmas waiting for the mailman or UPS?

Quote Originally Posted by tamarav View Post
    [SIZE=4]I don't know, that sounds about right. This site, eBay, and a couple of other sites and the whole day or night is gone. My Visa card is bent, wallet empty, and the UPS guy is on a first name basis...[/SIZE]
    I can relate to that! Now, if i'm out walking the dog the delivery guy will stop me in the street to deliver the package for my SO!

What's the appeal with ebay particularly? Is it that you can buy twenty slightly dodgy things for the price of one good one?

You think you're alone?????

I think you are the one who outbid me on that dress...LOL.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

[SIZE="3"]Suzy,

To make sure you dont bid on the Item your looking at, when the clock is at 20 seconds, hold down the CTRL key & press F4
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"] Mandy xx[/SIZE] [SIZE="3"]Dont knock it, till youve tried it[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Qualified & Insured Waxing Therapist[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Karen564 View Post
    I've put myself into self imposed exile in order to stay away from E Bay while attending college,

So that's why the E-BAY prices have gone down lately

Please warn us when You graduate and we will let You win some items

I think that it is a phase that we can go through. I found that the cure was getting back a lot of stuff that was not anywhere like it was advertised and the cost of shipping it back etc. Did get some nice items though but it can become very expensive. The whole home shopping experience can be a sickness.
    To Thine Own Self Be True. . .