Thread: My wife gave me some of her clothes!

Christian Crossdresser DiannaRose's Avatar

My wife gave me some of her clothes!

Well, I didn't think it would ever happen, but that just goes to that my wife can still amaze me.

She doesn't like my crossdressing, as you know. She's afraid of it, afraid it's going to take control of me. She worries that I'm going to start buying a new outfit for each of my once-a-month outings.

In an effort to maintain some sense of control and give me some potential alternatives to spending money on new clothes, I think, she took me into her closet yesterday and pointed out several things she no longer wears. They're mine if I want them.

As I said, I NEVER thought she'd reach this point, so this is a big, big deal for me, even if I didn't get the frilly black-and-white top I wanted. (I did get her short beige skirt, though, which was second on my list. And a nice long, black, real suede skirt!)

So good things do come to those who wait, sometimes! I'm amazingly thrilled!

Now, I think she'll NEVER take me shopping and buy clothes for me. It'll NEVER happen. LOL
    -Dianna
    You can take the girl out of the dress, but you'll never take the dress out of the girl!

Confessions of a Christian Crossdresser - http://DiannaFaithRose.wordpress.com

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    Has she seen you dressed? She doesn't approve?

I don't mean to be a wet blanket but if she doesn't like it and she was getting rid of it anyway maybe its one less thing you would spend money on. Is money you spend on clothes ever an issue?

then again maybe i'm totally wrong.

dont you just love that she the same size as you?my wife and i wear same size waist too.its great.
    just a florida girly girl...................................what in the world can make this brown eyed girl turn blue(roxette)

Love Lipstick & Heels AllThingsPretty's Avatar
    I see a fun filled shopping trip in your future

Gold Member
    Baby steps Dianna. Accept them all and thank the one responsible. That sounds like a great step forward.

Aspiring Member

Love and Acceptance

You're a lucky girl Dianna: I've been reading your posts for months, and it sounds like your wife is slowly breaking down the barriers to acceptence. I wish you both happiness in the future

Danielle

That is especially good to hear when it is a surprise like that.....I think I would collapse if my wife ever said that. Whatever you were doing before that prompted her to do it, KEEP DOING IT! I am soooo envious.
    Kristen

Silver Member
    Never say "NEVER" Dianna! Look what your wife just did to amaze you now!
    Continue to take "baby steps" and keep the communication going, and she may amaze you again. Give her a hug and buy her something too whenever you go shopping.

that must have been great - my wife just tolerates me wearing womens clothing from the waist down so long as it's not too girly and I do that every day and love it but it would be so nice if she just accepted me as I am and have always been - we've only been married 7 years and she knew about me when we married - enjoy the new outfits - Ellen

Quote Originally Posted by DiannaRose View Post

Now, I think she'll NEVER take me shopping and buy clothes for me. It'll NEVER happen.
    I certainly hope you're wrong. But your post reminded me of my first skirt eons ago. My wife was cleaning out the closet and handed me a wrap around denim skirt from her hippy chic days saying I could have it. I wasn't very fashion conscious back then and wore it with stockings and high heels. But as they say, it's the thought that counts!
    You don't have to have been born female to enjoy being a girl

Dianna -- Good for you. You have reached a plateau that some will never get to. Enjoy, but don't expect more. If you do, your wife may react adversely. Just show her that you love and treasure her.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

My wife did that once when she had a couple of sweaters that were too large for her. For the most part we are different sizes, so I buy my own. She has no problem with that. She has given me jewlery and had ear rings made for me. Can't argue with that.

sharing with wives rocks

One more advantage of not hiding your style for clothing from SO's

That's great Diane. I'd be happy with that if I were still married. Progress in any form. Besides she has found a way to keep money in the house, give you her clothes.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Christian Crossdresser DiannaRose's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darla_g View Post
    Has she seen you dressed? She doesn't approve?Is money you spend on clothes ever an issue
    No, and never wants to. "Approve" is a strong word...she accepts, but only just. That she knows, no...but she recognizes that it could become an issue, so this is her way of trying to keep my potential spending down.

Of course, now I have to buy things to go with some of the items...

Quote Originally Posted by jenifer m. View Post
    dont you just love that she the same size as you?my wife and i wear same size waist too.its great.
    We're not the same size, though she was once several pounds heavier. Because she's smaller now, she knows none of the things she gave me will fit, so that worked to my advantage.

The black skirt is too small for me.

Quote Originally Posted by AllThingsPretty View Post
    I see a fun filled shopping trip in your future
    Oh, I WISH! That would be ideal!

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Baby steps Dianna. Accept them all and thank the one responsible. That sounds like a great step forward.
    Believe me, Sue, I haven;t stopped thanking Him. And I thanked her again today, though I think that makes her uncomfortable so I kept it low-key.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle Gee View Post
    You're a lucky girl Dianna: I've been reading your posts for months, and it sounds like your wife is slowly breaking down the barriers to acceptance. I wish you both happiness in the future
    Thanks Danielle! She is slowly coming around, and every new display of acceptance is a tremendous gift. I'm amazed anew each time I think "well, she's doing as much as she can or will, so I guess I have to accept what I have" and she does something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristen Marie View Post
    Whatever you were doing before that prompted her to do it, KEEP DOING IT!
    What I'm doing is not pushing her to accept more than she can or is willing to, showing her compassion and patience, and being there for her. And not pushing her...did I mention that already?

Quote Originally Posted by SherriePall View Post
    Enjoy, but don't expect more. If you do, your wife may react adversely. Just show her that you love and treasure her.
    Yes on all points.

Our marriage counselor also praised her today for making such great strides in her acceptance of my crossdresing. That made her a little uncomfortable, but I think she gets what a big deal it was to me that she did this.
    -Dianna
    You can take the girl out of the dress, but you'll never take the dress out of the girl!

Confessions of a Christian Crossdresser - http://DiannaFaithRose.wordpress.com

My wife gave me some of her clothes!

i'm very happy for you hun, you have a great wife