Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has the economy changed your crossdressing?

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

Has the economy changed your crossdressing?

What changes have you made in your crossdressing, if any, during the down economy? We see articles on how people are cutting back on dining out or are doing more do it yourself things around the house. Are you shopping less, shopping differently, buying different stores or thrift shopping more? Have you made changes in makeup or in other ways you used to pamper yourself? Have your trips out been eliminated and if they were the primary chance to dress, what have you done?

Do you have tips for anyone on how to stretch that tight CD Dollar just a little farther?
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

My field is thriving! I've spent way more than ever.

Only suggestion I can give is checking out thrift shops if you're looking to save your money but still go shopping. There are a lot of great things you can find in those places.
    removed

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    I love to shop. I wouldn't say that I buy less, but I do typically wait to buy until something is on sale.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I'm terrible, I keep looking at the 2.99 clearance items at KMart.com.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Smile

yes, i have less moneys coming in than in the past...but the bills are higher.

so less money for the things i want,
    less for the things i like,
    less for the things i need.

but there is some blue in the sky today. not all snow and rain.

Loni

The avvy pic isn't me

Yepper

I purchased some stuff as i had money, but since i've been unemployed due to the economy then absolutely it has. I'm finally going back to work next week, but it's gonna be quite some time before i can proceed with more stuff for Cassie. mj

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Shopping is one of those risk/reward things. Usually, I find that the money that I risk is more than offset by the happiness the item brings me. My breast forms? The best $600.00 I've ever spent! Each piece of clothing? Priceless - from the way it makes me feel to the way it makes me look.

The only thing hindering my shopping now is the fact that all of my girl stuff is packed up for the move. Sigh. That rubber band of desire is stretching, though. When I do finally go shopping, you will no doubt hear about it on the evening news.

Kathi

Having my own thrift store gives me an advantage over other girls but I do shop a little less outside of my shop.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Carbon-based Member eileendover's Avatar
    more free time
    much less money

Aspiring Member

Goodwill

I buy most of my clothes at the thrift store so the economy isn't a factor

I'm with Stacey Lane. I love those clearances at Kmart

I buy most of my clothing on-line, Women Within, Roman's, and JustMySize. Always check the clearance stuff first before I buy anything else. The three places I mentioned always have extra discounts and often free shipping.

Sarah, I don't think I've changed a thing since the recession started. I still bought a lot of nice clothes and shoes but I've always tried to be a bargain hunter. Some of my best savings advice would be to check stores just as they change their over their goods from winter to summer and summer to winter. Most stores change within the same time frame. The selection may not be that great but often that same item you have dreamed about can be had for 75 to 80% off the original price.

Good luck.

Babette
    Someone else's imagination is a terrible thing to waste.

Gold Member
    Since I am now retired, My crossdressing has gone way up. I now have a
    lot more free time to play with; and the On Line, well let say a package
    comes here almost once a week. Women Within, Roman's, Lane Bryant,
    Catherans, you name it. My wife says to slow down, How can you once you got the bug. Rader

I have made more money in the last two years than in the previous 5... What down economy?? Money has never effected my crossdressing.... but on the other hand (besides 5 fingers...) money can buy me time... and that's what I lack mostly.... sigh.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

It seems that the down economy has only driven my desire to crossdress. Until about late last year I didn't own my own clothing. I splurged on various body shaping garments and even had a professional makeover.

Aspiring To Become Woman Michelle-Leigh's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]Hit those thrift stores weekly, Ladies ! I always find the nicest things there, and for the specific items that I cannot easily find in the thrift stores, the sales at Shoe Carnival, Payless, Target, and Big Lots really keep my cost down. I have always been frugal with my purchases in this manner, except for the occasional treat from LoveFifi's online lingerie shop and upgraded crossdresser-specific items. As for my breastforms, the $125 ones from Janet's Closet have really made a complete woman of me ! The only big-ticket item remaining for me to acquire now is a custom made Veronica II pelvic enhancer, as it's $300 cost will be justified by the huge improvement it will make over my current $30 padded girdle. Kind of like the difference between my current Italian made skates and my first dime-store Roller Derbies.... [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Best Regards,
    Michelle-Leigh
    "We are now operating at a femininity level of 98% and rising...."
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aggi123 View Post
    My field is thriving! I've spent way more than ever.
    Without getting too political, do you work for the US mint printing money? The way Obama is spending our money, they must be printing it 24/7.

As for my personal economy, life is good. No effect on my social activities.

Gen

Unfortunately the economy has curtailed my shopping for wardrobe and shoes. I still get the necesseties (undies, etc.) but have to be a little out of style for a bit. Oh well, it's only a temporary setback.

Hasn't stopped me shopping, im keeping the economy going.

8rys, going on walkabout
    Other than my usual thrift shop hunting grounds are packed and the racks are empty, not alot has changed for me. Money for my wardrobe has always been sparse.

I try to buy in sales unless i see something really nice as i browse,thats quite often tho. I buy undies etc as i need them.So many tempting things out there tho i would need a huge income rise to cover it then.

Unhappy

no i still shop like a gg with a hand full of daddys credit cards.i know i know im being a bad girl.
    just a florida girly girl...................................what in the world can make this brown eyed girl turn blue(roxette)

I've had less work these past two years than ever before and but it didn't affect my dressing in a negative way. Quite the opposite, more time to dress and thus more time to shop. I don't want to work five days a week anyway, three or four suits me just fine.
    You don't have to have been born female to enjoy being a girl

no, not at all