Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random Head-Clearing

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.

Random Head-Clearing

Well, after a week in Disney World and a week at Reserves on base (gas masks, chem gear, explosions - you know, fun stuff ), I have a few things to spew here to "clear the room" in my head, so to speak.

First, at Disney World a few weeks ago, I saw a boy that had been dressed up. He was absolutely adorable!! I'm not sure of the specifics, but what I could glean from listening to the girls he was with (Find me a teenage girl that knows how to whisper. I defy you! ), it was either a bet he lost or a dare or a promise. We were on the ferry boat to Epcot, which takes awhile. I was on the front bench seat and they were all standing in front of me. I saw a girl that seemed kind of shy and nervous. The girls were telling him things like, "Don't worry, no one knows." "You look totally perfect. No one will know. Mrs. Richards did an awesome job on you!" "You promised - the whole day!" "Epcot is the smallest park. There won't be that many people there."

Midway through all this, I began to get suspicious. I looked a little closer at the cute girls in front of me. Apparently, that week was some kind of world cheerleader competition, so the place was overflowing with cute teenage girls and, apparently, one brother or friend pressed into service as a cute teenage girl for the day.

Mrs. Richards, whoever she is, deserves a medal. I'm guessing she was a cosmetologist or something, because the makeup and hair were perfect. His hair was kind of long for a boy, but cut and styled like a girl's (wonder how she got him to agree to that). His brows definitely weren't hairy and shapeless like a normal boy's, but thinned and nicely arched. His makeup was perfect. If it weren't for the obviousness of the situation and the comments I overheard, I would never suspect that the pretty girl in front of me wasn't one of the cheerleaders - he was that cute!

He was wearing a short pair of multicolored cotton shorts, a cami, and a lacy cardigan with a cute belt (it was cold in Orlando a few weeks ago!). His nails weren't that long, but polished. He had on a necklace and a matching bracelet. He also had a cute pair of ballet flats to round it off, unfortunately. Disney World is not the place for cute shoes - especially thin little ballet flats! It's the place for functional well-padded shoes.

We docked at Epcot, and I scurried ahead to get through security and the turnstiles before them. I staked out a place near France once I saw they were going over the bridge that way and stood back to watch. I made sure to smile at them as they passed, and winked and gave a knowing smile at one of the straggler girls. Her eyes got big and she whispered to another girl. They looked back, but kept going.

I would have loved to have kept up with them to see how the lucky guy was coming along, but as I had gone back for my camcorder and had to meet my family, I pressed on. I did see them about four hours later near the Future World area. While the boy wasn't exactly totally comfortable as a girl, you could tell that much of the nervousness had left him and he was smiling and laughing with "the rest of the girls" in the group. I'm sure his appearance had a lot to do with it, not to mention that the girls with him weren't treating him like they had the upper hand, but like one of the girls. I sincerely hope that he found the experience as fun as I know many of us do.

The second thing rattling in my head is how much I love outlet malls - the ones in Orlando doubly so! With stores like Coach, bebe, Max Azaria, Anne Klein and so much more, it's part candy store, part religious experience (Joanne, you're a lucky girl!). This time, however, I had my family with me. The only dresses and skirts I was looking at were for my wife. Sure, I had picked up a few longingly, but a remark from my wife like, "We're looking for me, not you" or "If that skirt is for me, you better find an 8. We all can't all be size 0's like you" reminded me of my purpose - pack mule for my wife and her shopping purchases. Ah well, at least I can touch the pretties. Plus, we bought matching fragrances - Weekend by Burberry. Hopefully the men's version will look and smell enough like the women's that I can "goof" occasionally.

Finally, I have got to learn to keep my big trap shut! My admin (the one who invited me to a girl's night out last year) got a promotion and started dressing up for it starting this week. She made sure to tell me about her shopping, what she bought, etc. and how she thought of me when she saw a dress there (It would show off those awesome legs, GI Joe!). Today, she was complaining to me and another girl about how much her feet hurt. I said, "Well, let's see the shoes!" She pulled up her pants and showed us. I stupidly said, "Well, no wonder! You're not used to wearing heels and you're wearing slingbacks that high?! Slingbacks are hard. I mean, those are really cute, but you should start out in a pair of mid-heel pumps and go up from there." The admin knows of my girliness, but the woman we were with - well, from the look on her face, I guess she didn't, but she sure does now! Ah well, it's not as if I hide my nature by being extra-macho, or anything. Heck, can a 130 pound guy even look macho anyway?

There. That cleared my head a bit of the stuff rattling around. Lots of space in there now.

Kathi

Kathi: After your move you are going to have one heck of a shopping spree. I can't wait for the thread to follow
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

[SIZE="2"]Hi Kathi, what a wonderful story about your outing at Disney. I used to live in Florida and always wondered what a trip to the park would have been like en femme. I could only imagine what it would have been like to be in that guys shoes, en femme with all the other girls!!!
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

Carbon-based Member eileendover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    I made sure to smile at them as they passed, and winked and gave a knowing smile at one of the straggler girls. Her eyes got big and she whispered to another girl. They looked back, but kept going.
    "Why yes, officer, he was kinda tall and thin and kept winking at us. We think we saw him over there buying a Tinkerbell outfit."

Quote Originally Posted by sherri52 View Post
    Kathi: After your move you are going to have one heck of a shopping spree. I can't wait for the thread to follow
    Oh, girl! It will be the stuff of legends. Legends, I say!

Quote Originally Posted by eileendover View Post
    "Why yes, officer, he was kinda tall and thin and kept winking at us. We think we saw him over there buying a Tinkerbell outfit."
    Tinkerbell? Nah. Think about it, the sparkly stuff she emits? Where do you think that comes from. Ewww! I did get a very cute Tiana outfit, though!

Kathi

Reading stuff like this makes me wish I had gone into daring bets with girls more often Nice story!
    "One day Jessy, I'm gonna show you the world..."

God stepped back, looked at Adam, and declared "I can do better than that!" and so He created women.
    The ITer stepped back, looked at the beta results, and declared "I can do better than that!" and so he created the final version.
    Sometimes in the final version, some of the beta crap still remains. I know, because I'm living proof.

Suddenly I See
    what? where am i? i don't recognize this planet...
    Must have been a pretty big bet for them to put all that effort into dressing him up!

Hugs
    Kaylee

I was at epcot a couple of weeks ago ,didn't see any crossdressers but
    did wonder what it would be like to go crossdressed ,I wonder how many
    of us have been there dressed

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="2"]So my question then is what's going to happen to the cute boy? Will we see him here in a couple of years, or will he turn into CDphobe only buying 33 1/3 LPs! [/SIZE]

You really didn't have much up there. That was the shortest post that I ever seen from you.

To bad that girls like that didn't exist when I was young.
    Michelle

Gold Member
    Really loved the Disney story Kathi. Hope the lad continued to have a great time with the girls and learned from the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    [SIZE="2"]So my question then is what's going to happen to the cute boy? Will we see him here in a couple of years, or will he turn into CDphobe only buying 33 1/3 LPs! [/SIZE]
    I'm of two minds. Although I love what I do, and think there's nothing wrong with it, there has been pain as well. I would spare anyone pain if possible. Part of me hopes that he will treat it as a "square filled" kind of thing. "OK, I've dressed like a girl. Now onto the next experience!" Part of me hopes that this boy has just has his horizons widened. How can you act disparaging towards a girl once you've walked a mile in their shoes (oh, his poor feet! ).

Quote Originally Posted by AKAMichelle View Post
    You really didn't have much up there. That was the shortest post that I ever seen from you.
    What? I can be terse! I'm just usually a bit more, . . . verbose.

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda09 View Post
    Really loved the Disney story Kathi. Hope the lad continued to have a great time with the girls and learned from the experience.
    How can you not learn from an experience like that?! Not just how much goes into looking pretty, but girl-to-girl interactions at a level that not many guys get to see, acceptance and more. Lucky dog!

Kathi

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Kathi, I usually CRINGE at long posts!

However, yours is so interesting and well written, I got hooked and read it thru quickly!

I was sad when it ENDED!

Thank u!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Kathi, I couldn't help but think of my own teen years when my friends split was about 70/30 female to male. I had a close group of girl friends who I imagine would have treated me to such a day if they all knew the truth about me. Yours was such a lovely post, sparking my imagination in such a neat way.

Regarding outlet malls, what's there not to love, they contain the root word "mall"!!!

As for keeping your trap shut, I get what you're saying. I've had to catch myself on numerous occasions. What you described that you said really crosses into dangerous territory (and I say that in a good way...if you want to be totally out!!!).
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

..that is cool..

..its really cool to see society is changing and becoming way more acceptable these days..
    ~xTx~

Kathi,
    Great story! I hope the young boy grows up to be a fine man and husband and dad. Maybe he will get some kicks from time to time by CD-ing, who knows. I just hope he doesn't lose his identity.

I guess one of the things I enjoy about dressing in femme is that it's not who I really am, it's sort of play, sort of fantasy, sort of release for me. Maybe it's also complicated, but it's also strangely enjoyable.

Well, in a shorter fashion, my head is clear, but there was never much up there anyway!

Mackenzie

Quote Originally Posted by KayleeDahl View Post
    Must have been a pretty big bet for them to put all that effort into dressing him up!
    Maybe the guy won the bet, instead of loosing it
    "One day Jessy, I'm gonna show you the world..."

God stepped back, looked at Adam, and declared "I can do better than that!" and so He created women.
    The ITer stepped back, looked at the beta results, and declared "I can do better than that!" and so he created the final version.
    Sometimes in the final version, some of the beta crap still remains. I know, because I'm living proof.

Random head-clearing, eh? Is it just me, or did anyone else find that title conjuring up images of blocked sinuses and a large box of Kleenex?

Anyway, that was a nice story. I sort of hope that isn't the only time the young man you described in it dresses as a girl; seeing how good you said he looked as one, I think it'd be a great shame if he never tried to pass as one again!

Now, maybe I'm a bit weird (actually, I know I'm a bit weird; there's no maybe about it!), but this part of your tale (which seems to have gone unremarked-upon by everyone else so far) also piqued my interest:

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    ...and a week at Reserves on base (gas masks, chem gear, explosions - you know, fun stuff )...
    If it wouldn't compromise national security for you to do so, tell me more!
    If you think I'm weird, you should meet some of my friends!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To see a bigger version of this picture, click here

"In need freedom is latent"

Talking Hey, stole my reply!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessy View Post
    Maybe the guy won the bet, instead of loosing it
    This was one of my first thoughts too! When I was his age this was the stuff of dreams!

Super fun post as always, Kathi!
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    As for keeping your trap shut, I get what you're saying. I've had to catch myself on numerous occasions. What you described that you said really crosses into dangerous territory (and I say that in a good way...if you want to be totally out!!!).
    I don't want to be, but I do want to be. You know what I mean? I blurted it out because it was "just us girls" right? Never gave it a second thought (like most things in my life). Sometimes, you get caught up in the "girly groove" of conversation and just lose your sense of self, I guess - or gain it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshchild View Post
    Now, maybe I'm a bit weird (actually, I know I'm a bit weird; there's no maybe about it!), but this part of your tale (which seems to have gone unremarked-upon by everyone else so far) also piqued my interest:

If it wouldn't compromise national security for you to do so, tell me more!
    I'll leave the first part of your post alone. We're all a bit "ka-ka" as Al used to say (Google it). As for the second part, it's simple. I have been in the military for almost 30 years - both Active and Reserve. Every four years or so, we have a major inspection to determine if we're ready to go to war. Never mind the fact that the way we train for that is totally different from how we actually fight over in the sandbox. This inspection is a holdover from the Cold War era.

The inspection verifies our ability to get our equipment ready, then mobilize our equipment and personnel and fight once we get to our simulated combat zone. They throw conventional and chemical attacks at us to determine our skill at responding to threats. We wear chem warfae suits and gas masks, helmets, carry weapons and have a big ol' G.I. Joe frenzy! Simple, eh?

Kathi

I lost a bet but I have to go on a 1-hour cruise(and be done up by a cosmetologist)
    Got Straight Edge? I do, and I'm saved.

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    That is one lucky kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie1234 View Post
    I lost a bet but I have to go on a 1-hour cruise(and be done up by a cosmetologist)
    Katie, what was the bet? Who did you bet with? What would the other person have to have done if they lost?

Kathi

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    I wonder if that young man realized how lucky he was. Ohhh what I would have given to have been in that position in high school.

Kathi I hear you about the outlet malls. I am in Indy for work and I am staying 300 yards from a huge one. I haven't done much shopping. I must have a bug, but I think you motivated me to at least go browse again.

I also know what you mean about letting the girl run a little too wild. Wednesday night I was at dinner with some friends that are also at this conference. One brought his wife and they are both pretty close family friends.

She was looking really bored with the boy talk and quite frankly I was feeling that way too. We started talking about shopping over at the outlet mall. Before I knew it we were talking about store and deals and styles. I looked up and the other three guys at the table were hanging on our every word with a confused and quizical look on there face. They were seeing a side of the boss that they didn't realize existed. Opps I quickly changed the subject to how stupid Jessie James was and I made sure not to mention one word about Sandra Bullock's Oscar dress.

Kathi it sounds like you had a great vacation and admit it I bet you even enjoyed your reserves time. Peri and I are hauling the family down in a few weeks. It should be fun. I will keep my eye out for crossdressed teenage cheerleaders.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender View Post
    Oops I quickly changed the subject to how stupid Jessie James was and I made sure not to mention one word about Sandra Bullock's Oscar dress.

Kathi it sounds like you had a great vacation and admit it I bet you even enjoyed your reserves time. Peri and I are hauling the family down in a few weeks. It should be fun. I will keep my eye out for crossdressed teenage cheerleaders.
    Oh. My! Her dress!! Who says that romance and style and classic fashion are dead! That dress was everything a dress should be. Sigh.

Aaaaanywayy, I hope you have a great time in The Land of the Mouse! My whole fandamily had a blast! Yes, Reserves is still fun - why else would I stay this long? Like I told my wife, I'll stick around until they kick me out or it's not fun anymore.

Kathi