Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Random Head-Clearing

Good story but you got my hopes up when you said "gas masks" and "chem". I was hoping for a cyber goth/industrial thread!

Smile

what i would have given to loose that bet back in school.

a day as a girl, all dolled up and out to a disney park.

that boy is just so lucky. hope he knows it.

Loni

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    Katie, what was the bet? Who did you bet with? What would the other person have to have done if they lost?

Kathi
    I made a bet with my sis it was if Kansas made it to the Final Four. If she lost she had to get a REALLY short haircut. If I lost I had to go on a boat cruise (as I said a 1-Hour) dressed as a girl. I haven't been out before so it'll be a big leap thankfully she knows an EXCELLENT cosmetologist.
    Got Straight Edge? I do, and I'm saved.

I'll leave the first part of your post alone. We're all a bit "ka-ka" as Al used to say (Google it). As for the second part, it's simple. I have been in the military for almost 30 years - both Active and Reserve. Every four years or so, we have a major inspection to determine if we're ready to go to war. Never mind the fact that the way we train for that is totally different from how we actually fight over in the sandbox. This inspection is a holdover from the Cold War era.

The inspection verifies our ability to get our equipment ready, then mobilize our equipment and personnel and fight once we get to our simulated combat zone. They throw conventional and chemical attacks at us to determine our skill at responding to threats. We wear chem warfae suits and gas masks, helmets, carry weapons and have a big ol' G.I. Joe frenzy! Simple, eh?

Kathi
    Thanks for elaborating. It was your mention of gas masks and chem gear that particularly grabbed my attention as I've long had an interest in chemical warfare (it's so bad, in fact, that I've vowed that when I get around to getting a couple of pet cats - something I've been wanting to do for a while - I'm going to call them Tabun and Sarin!).
    If you think I'm weird, you should meet some of my friends!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To see a bigger version of this picture, click here

"In need freedom is latent"

Wish me luck I'm going out this week.

Good luck Katie!

Hi Katie -- you are going to have SUCH a great time -- we are all thrilled and happy for you -- we definitely want to hear all about it -- and don't skimp on the *pictures*!!!

sry but dont plan on making pics...

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie1234 View Post
    sry but dont plan on making pics...
    Well then, I have a great solution - change your plans!!

Seriously, hon. Take a camera. Since it was a bet, I'm sure your sister would love to have a "blackmail picture" or two.

Kathi

Well then, I have a great solution - change your plans!!

Seriously, hon. Take a camera. Since it was a bet, I'm sure your sister would love to have a "blackmail picture" or two.

Kathi
    I'm sure she would but no cams allowed