Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blew the perfect opportunity.

Blew the perfect opportunity.

So mother and I are watching RuPaul Drag Race on Logo tonight, and I know my mom is cool with alternitive lifestyles I just have no idea how she would handle it when its her own son...

She says "You know I would be totally OK if you did that."

I shoulda said "Cool, cause I do do that."

but I wimped out...

Maybe Next time lol

What you could do is call her and say that you forgot to tell her etc.
    Got Straight Edge? I do, and I'm saved.

lol Im in college I live with her lol.

uh-oh now u have NO excuse
    Got Straight Edge? I do, and I'm saved.

She knows!

I think she knows and is giving you an opening to tell her. You should go for it!

She doesnt know... She knows there is something about me that isnt quite average but she has no idea what it is lol.

Dancing in the moonlight Midnight Skye's Avatar
    Yeah my mom did that during a showing of one of those talk shows when they were showing MtF transgendered people. I also chickened out... actually I was so chicken it didn't even cross my mind at the time. I finally came out though after moving out of the house... and I have to say, it was freaking HARD. She was completely great though.
    Have fun and enjoy life.
    Skye

I think she knows too. Moms sense these things. Especially now vs. 30 years ago when the CDing was virtually unheard of.

I love my sons so much that if one of them CDed, I would want him to feel free to let me know. I may be afraid that he should suffer because of societal bias, but I would not want him to feel so ashamed that he felt he couldn't tell anyone.

Moms do love their children unconditionally, and they know that even if only one person knows, it can make all the difference.
    Reine

My mom used to be so grossed out by transvestites since she saw Rocky Horror Picture Show bck in '76. I love Tim Curry in any way, shape & form, even as Pennywise the Clown. My mom looks so much like Susan Sarandon, and I have mentioned it to her.
    She recently re-married, and the ceremony was done by a lesbian minister, which the minister's partner was also at the wedding. We, as a collective family, have many close gay & lesbian friends. I recently came out to her, but she really has no idea of the depth & breadth of my situation. She thinks that since I am artistic I'm like Andy Warhol. Being a CD'er is the least of my family's problems, and I have nothing to lose. So there.

The deal in my situation is that my mother married very young (18) and my father was an abusive and nasty human being. He was a terrible father, so I grew up without a positive male in my life.

Its not that Im worried that she would not accept me, its that I think she feels guilty about my father. I dont want her to think she messed up and thats why I am how I am. (Its totally not, my father doesnt posses the ability to create anything as beautiful as Vikki.)

What channel and time si that show on?

Quote Originally Posted by VikkiVixen7188 View Post
    So mother and I are watching RuPaul Drag Race on Logo tonight, and I know my mom is cool with alternitive lifestyles I just have no idea how she would handle it when its her own son...

She says "You know I would be totally OK if you did that."

I shoulda said "Cool, cause I do do that."

but I wimped out...

Maybe Next time lol
    maybe she just want's you to try it. just to see. ask her.
    or she knows all ready you live with her so she may have found out about you.
    Mistybtm

Holy Cow! Was that door ever flung open! I'm one that if someone does that, I just march my arse right on in and make myself at home. At least you now know where she stands.

Quote Originally Posted by KaraTV View Post
    I think she knows and is giving you an opening to tell her. You should go for it!
    Ditto--Mom knows the deal--cute!

Silver Member
    She doesnt know... She knows there is something about me that isnt quite average but she has no idea what it is lol.

Yeah, RIGHT! And when will pigs fly?

Of COURSE she knows, silly! Moms know everything. It's as plain as the nose on your face. She's acting like a mom and you should take advantage of it. Stop acting like a dufus and TALK to her.

Auntie Stephenie

she knows..

i waited until my 40's to tell my mom...her answer? "I know"

even if she doesnt, she's ok with it...

You are in!

Aspiring Member
    Mom already knows hun, you live together and watching TG shows on the tube....then she hints towards your direction. wimping out or not

Thank God for reruns!

Don't let your next opportunity pass you by

She knows honey

I think she was trying to make you comfortable and give you the opening to talk about it as she probably realizes you are scared too.

I think this is a great thing.

Quote Originally Posted by VikkiVixen7188 View Post
    You are totally deluding yourself... Not only does she know, now you know that she knows.
    Life is simple math: Expectations - Realisations = Disappointments.
    Tell ya what... I won't be too easily annoying, if you won't be too easily annoyed!
    Blogging | Twitter | Google+ |
    Acceptance comes in asking yourself the questions... and not caring what the answers are.

She knows. Mom's are a lot smarter than you think. Just sit down and say something like, "Mom you know that RuPaul Drag Race show we watched the other day, and you said 'You know I would be totally OK if you did that.' Well, I do that."
    Hugs,

Teddie

I also think she knows and it may be that coming out to her will make the two of you even closer. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

RuPaul helped me tell my wife.

My present wife and I had been married for about 9 years that was 14 years ago, RuPaul was on television and she watched several of her shows and wasn’t fazed by the cross-dressing.

So one night after watching the show I told her that I also liked to dress in women's clothes, answered her questions and she was OK with it. Even took me shopping the next weekend.

Just didn't want to see me dressed and didn't want me to go out in public dressed.

When I was off and she had to work she would call and ask if I wanted to wear something comfortable and vacuum the living room or wash the dishes, things like that. She would call if she got off early so that I could change before she got home.

Things have gotten better since then and I’m so lucky to have her for my lovely wife, I knew I picked a winner the second time.

a bit nutty

Why wait?

Why wait for an opening? Looks like she's ok with it. I told my dad recently, it just came out. There was no opening. It felt good to let him know.

Ginger.

Try it for a laugh. Take a moment and dress and walk out into the room and sit with your mother. If you have a GG friend that knows of your dressing have her with you as if she dressed you in the other room. Se what happens, play it as a joke unless it goes over well.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better