Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got pulled over tonight...

Got pulled over tonight...

and the world didn't end!

I've been pulled over before, but in the past have just had a skirt on, and/or a bit of lipstick. Never FULLY dressed.

Tonight was different, I was wearing a short skirt, dark sheer hose, 4" heels, and a tight white top over C (or maybe D) size forms. The top was snug enough that you could see the lace of the bra through it.

I was fully made up, including ruby red lipstick and long dangling earrings (my ears are pierced). In short, there was NO WAY that the officer didn't notice how I was dressed.

It happened when I was in a 'left turn only' lane at a stop light and decided that I really wanted to go straight. There was no other traffic on the road, so when the light changed I went straight through it. The instant I did, I saw the police lights flash on from a parking lot just off the intersection

Of course, I had the instant "Oh ****" few moments of panic and for a split second even considered trying to wipe off some of my makeup... but that thought didn't last long. I am TIRED of trying to hide everything and by the time I was at the side of the road the panic had turned more to curiosity. How was HE going to handle this?

When he came up beside the window, I still had my purse on my lap and I was digging through it trying to find my wallet (too many pockets and little compartments to hide things). He waited patiently for me to find it, shining his light into the car so I could see better. After I handed him the license, the light from his flashlight moved toward me a bit more and he checked to see if I was wearing a seat belt (they ticket you here on a stop if your seat belt isn't fastened). I'm sure he got quite and eye full of my chest, with the seat belt running between my breasts...

While he was back in his car running my license, a few gangs of college aged kids walked past (this is a pretty big college town) and I'm sure I was fully visible to them. I was also surprised when 2nd patrol car showed up, but that officer just stood off my passenger door shining his light on my car. (in this area, they only patrol with one officer per car, so on most stops a 2nd one will show up for backup pretty much automatically). I'd hate to think that this happened because the first one radioed something in like "Hey you have to come see what I'm dealing with on my traffic stop!" but I doubt it, that thought was probably just my paranoia of the moment.

Anyway, within about 10 minutes he came back and gave my license back to me and said I was free to go. Not even a verbal warning. I think he was looking for for DUI suspects and when he found out I hadn't been drinking he just wanted to cut me loose...

So in the end, absolutely NO mention of the way I was dressed or any different treatment by either officer. Very professional through the entire stop.

I hope this post will ease the mind of any of you 'dress and drive' newbies out there...
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Hi Cristi,

Thanks for sharing that with us. It was almost like living it with you. I'm glad it all ended so well.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Sound like you had quite an adventure, Cristi! I'm very glad it worked out for you.

And thanks for posting your message with sufficient details. Hopefully it will give everyone an opportunity to "mentally rehearse" that kind of moment and be more relaxed if it happens to them.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Smile

10 min...he was on the phone talking to someone. they know all about you with in 2min.
    but if he was hiding in a parking lot..be advised they keep a eye on THAT turn lane. probably let you go do to having a dress on. best way to get out of a ticket is to show the officer a bit of leg
    but yes another car showing up is just a normal thing these days.

now if swat showed up, and a dozen or so extra officers, the haz-mat guys, and the control RV..then you just might have something to worry about...also the media would not be to far away

great story, just be normal and polite and some officers will just say have a good day.

I have never been pulled over but once when out very late at night I was followed for about ten minutes. It does get the heart beating, but it is good that police have to be professional

That was quite a scare! I have never had something like that happen to me. I'm really glad that it turned out as well as it did, and I feel sure that it gave you more confidence.

Sounds like you had a really sexy outfit on!

Thanks for sharing.

Freddy

My only comment, is that when I'm out dressed and driving is to drive conservatively. Why draw unwanted attention to yourself.

Renee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="2"]Huggs, Renee [/SIZE]

Aspiring Member
    Love the way you handled it Christy, turning your fear into curiosity to see how he would react to you.
    That made me smile.
    Thanks for sharing.

The first time I went out in my car en femme, I was on a deserted main road between towns, well within the speed limit, and to my horror, behind me, I saw a police car, lights flashing, come from nowhere and catch up with me. They overtook me and carried on, but I was scared s***less at the thought of being pulled over, and this on my first trip out in the car. I will admit to being far from the worlds greatest driver, but when en femme I try very hard to keep within the law, but after reading numerous posts on the site about this, I know that if I do get stopped, to be polite, and not cause any trouble.
    "She snuck up on me from behind. You'd think women would make more noise with those big high heels, but they don't, they've got this stealth thing going..."

Well good for you for keeping your head about you.

I never have understood why so many fear getting stopped so much. My fear would be getting stopped with a drink or two in me, and for obvious reasons, but I have no fear for being stopped on account of my cross dressing. Most cops are trained on how to deal with us, and trained or not, most ARE professionals and will behave like one.

Sounds like you had an eventful evening. I am glad it turned out ok.

Aspiring Member
    I'm glad you kept your cool and didn't panic.

I thought it was quiite a coincidence that your thread about dealing with law enforcement was number 911 in your history of posting.

Most on here expect the worse from a traffic stop, but this is the way I would expect it to come down. I'm glad that you didn't get a ticket.
    Michelle

Banned Read only
    Be aware that you can be stopped late at night for nothing at all. This is a new trend in this country, to check for sobriety. They will make up any reason to stop you. Not long ago, I was almost home, not en femme, late at night, and driving exactly the speed limit. Out of nowhere a cop lights me up and stops me. He came up to my window, and said "You were going about 10 miles over the limit". Before I could protest, he said,"but don't worry about that, I just need to see if you are OK to drive. Have you been drinking tonight"? I told him no. He checked my license and let me go. Statistics show that a cop can make an arrest about every 10 stops. So the more stops they make, the more arrests they can make. I have a scanner that I listen to now and then. The other night, I heard a cop call in at the end of his shift and say, "I'm taking a couple hours overtime on sobriety". I have also heard them say, "I'm taking a couple hours overtime on seatbelts". The other day I heard, "Curb lane, red Honda, no belt". So some cop was probably standing at a traffic light in plain clothes, looking into cars, and calling ahead to another cop. Just be advised. I think they get federal funds for these projects.
    Last edited by Melinda G; 06-06-2010 at 01:22 PM.

[SIZE=2]The good thing is.... that you survived...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Just out of curiosity, where was this ..Northampton , Amherst..?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

Just be you

I've got pulled over like 4 times in the last couple or so of years, twice by the same guy, with a couple of resulting traffic tickets. However each time all the policemen just handled it the same as they would anyone else who is not a threat or belligerent. They have spoke with courtesy and called me ma'am at all times. I'm 24/7 anyway but haven't been treated any different than before I came out other than I have been let go or wutever twice en femme , NEVER before in my life as a boi. All my ID has been legally changed to reflect my name as well as any pictures, unfortunately the big "M" is still present. Car registration, insurance or wutever is also in my name and current. In general I feel no more uptight than I ever did before, now I just think,"Well bitch, it would have been cheaper to stay in bed today" lol, when I do get a ticket. While on the subject, I also live in a state by the Mexican border where I like swear you can't go anywhere out of town with out being stopped at a permanent border patrol check at least twice or more. Actually since I have to stop, after rolling down the window I sorta try out my flirting using my best femme voice, best teeth showing smile and little sing song Hiiii as I can while waving my fingers. Almost all the time they say 'Where are you coming from ma'am?" ( luv it) and after answering they say "OK you have a safe trip ma'am." Might as well enjoy the moment since I have to be there anyway lol.

[SIZE=4]I am so glad it worked out ok for you. We are have a fear of being stopped, dressed up or not. Most of the time the officer is just trying to maintain his "goals" and earn his pay.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I have met a few really nice people in the last few years at traffic stops.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]My last one, a state patrol officer stopped me for weaving. I told him the road was potted with holes and the asphalt was crumbling and that I travel that road twice every day for the past 13 years. He laughed and said he agreed. After finding that I had not been drinking, he looked me straight in the face and said "You look awfully familiar to me, did I pull you out of ditch recently?" I laughed and told him I had cut his hair two weeks ago, he turned red, handed me my papers and left.[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    My fear would be getting stopped with a drink or two in me, and for obvious reasons,
    That is why, ESPECIALLY when I'm dressed, I wait at least an hour after my last drink before getting behind the wheel (even if I feel that I haven't had enough to be impaired).

Quote Originally Posted by Annie D View Post
    I thought it was quiite a coincidence that your thread about dealing with law enforcement was number 911 in your history of posting.
    LOL, thanks for pointing that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Melinda G View Post
    Be aware that you can be stopped late at night for nothing at all. This is a new trend in this country, to check for sobriety. They will make up any reason to stop you.....I think they get federal funds for these projects.
    I think around here all the overtime pay and any other costs are paid directly from the fines given out. From what I hear, it is quite a revenue source to make up for any budget shortfalls... so you tell ME if there is any conflict of interrest there? Are they out there for safety, or to make a $$?

Quote Originally Posted by Karen564 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, where was this ..Northampton , Amherst..?
    Not last night (though I do go there often, and it is VERY LBGT friendly). This incident was in Keene, NH. Another college town, just a bit closer to home.

BTW: The only words I was really fearing during the traffic stop were "Would you please step out of the vehicle". The sidewalks were fairly crowded with college students and I would have been in the spotlight (literally) as soon as I got out of the car.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Silver Member

Smile Just a stress test

My heart would have stopped and they would have had to call an ambulance and probably shocked me back to life. Good thing you weren't in Arizona as you might have had to prove you were an american male or female or something in between.

I wasn't so lucky, got a ticket for the seatbelt thing, the cop didn't see a front plate was the actual reason for the stop. I wish I had been fully dressed, I sure it would have been more fun to see some reactions.

Hugs,
    Alice

I've been stopped a small handful of times, and I've only had average luck in male form. I have a generally flawless driving record, and have even been tagged for a stupid expired license / multi-state registration tax snafu. In general I've been rather fortunate, but one time...

Unfortunately, I have an aversion to officers. I am intimidated in many ways by them and they power they wield. Combine this with having to deal with an ex-wife and courts unending, including getting randomly approached by random members of the Sherrif's office being served and all, topping it off with the fact that my ex-wife's new husband is now a state trooper where they live.. good god, I shake in their presence. Guess what that means to them? Suspicious. F%^&*k me. The last time I was stopped, for rolling through a stop sign @ 11:05pm, on a weekend, this guy, supposedly off-shift now, decided to make the rest of my night a living nightmare and decided to put me in no other of a situation other than to search my car or impound it... FOR WHAT??? Because I don't have any reason to like police officers? Great. I stood behind my car, shaking like a leaf, crying my eyes out terrified and beside myself with disbelief. I've never had my car searched before, EVER, and this wonderful officer decided to wreck my night. After 20 minutes of bawling my eyes out with them asking stupid questions like 'Are you on drugs sir?' "NOOO for crying out loud! I'll do whatever you say, but please stop making me feel like a despised criminal!!!" He stopped his inspection before even opening the trunk and let me go, with a verbal warning for the roll. I dragged myself back to my car and bawled my eyes out for another 5 minutes before I drove away.

I suppose it's good to know that there are some decent uniforms out there. Hopefully I'll be able to keep myself composed when dressed, though with as much Estro that's going through me now.. that's highly unlikely. Anyone ever heard of a therapist adding a letter to carry with you to show to an officer that says: 'Oh, and by the way, my client's not only transitioning, but she has a significant emotional fear of officers and men in uniform.'

LOL...Just sitting here laughing a bit since I've been on both side of "that adventure"...

BTW yes, when units are patrolling in one man units and there is another unit in the zone that's free generally as a safety factor they'll come by as a back up unless it's busy and the first officer feels advised he's OK and not in need of a back up...

Where are you located if you care to say???

Glad the "Thin Blue Line" acted professionally...

Stephanie
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry-Stephanie View Post
    Where are you located if you care to say???
    I live in the SE corner of Vermont, the city I was in is Keene, NH, in the SW corner of that state. Pretty liberal area, all in all.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Check point

On the way to a GNO a the Saturday of memorial day weekend
    I noticed the sobriety check road block in the opposite lane.
    I purposely went that way on the way home after only and exactly one drink and you can bet they were still there. Nice GG officer was patient as I dug out the license from my purse and fumbled to get it out of the sleeve it was stuck in.
    Thank you and have a nice evening was all I got

Banned Read only
    This isn't the america I grew up in. I can remember when they had to have a reason to stop you. I thought the Supremes ruled against those random stops and checkpoints. Guess not.