Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Nico:RE Hysto Success :):)

For Nico:RE Hysto Success :):)

Hi peeps just reporting in for Nico his hysto was a success and he is up and about and walking around the ward The staff are really suprised at how well he is doing he told me this morning I'll update ya when he tells me anymore news xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

Felix, say Debs and I send our love and best wishes for a super speedy recovery for him & we are glad things went so well
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

yay Nico!
    The ZP Poem
    Everytime I go to pee, I'm gonna be thinking:

"There's this kid somewhere in PA named Ze. I wonder if Ze has to pee. Does Ze have to hold it, or can Ze let free? There is no fun with infected kidneys.
    Not everyone's body matches their psyche. Whether be sir or whether be she, everyone deserves a safe place to pee. So come on people, let people be."

And then I'll realize I've been rhyming to myself and the guy in the urinal next to me will beat me up.

Glad to hear everything went well....Feel better soon, Nico....and thanks for updating us, Felix....
    Ever The Opportunist

Platinum Member
    Speedy recovery Nico, all that pain should soon be a thing of the past

Thank you for the update Felix.

Send my love and best wishes to Nico for a speedy recovery.
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

Yay glad it went well

Thanks for the update, Felix.
    "Impossible" is not a word, it's just a reason for someone not to try. Kutless - What Faith Can Do
    Quote Originally Posted by My sister Lilli
    Yes, your happy shows - you practically have unicorns and starbursts flying out of you.
    Physically female!

Thats awesome! Congratulations, NiCo =)
    Thanks for the update Felix!

Wish Nico the best from me! I am always amazed at everyone's courage.

Yay! I'm happy for him.

Thanx everyone

I spoke to Nico this morning and it looks like he will be home today all being well as the surgeon is really pleased with him, it will be five days early . Xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

That's great news, thanks for letting us know and tell him, I ate all his easter eggs
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

I'm so happy for Nico, get well soon. Carol

Awesome NiCo, great news. Happy that everything went well
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Yay Nico!!!
    Red Heels!

Description on what happened.

Hysto:

Admission @ 10:30am
    Sleep.

Anaesthetist @ 3pm and had a few tests done. Temperature was low, heart rate was increased [not because of nerves, I was quite calm btw…but it’s my regular antidepressant Amitriptyline that increases my heart rate].

Given injection to thinning blood @ quarter to five (2 second injection slightly stings but is required because of Testosterone and Prostap injections thicken blood)

Felt really nervous, restless and excited so I was given Diazepam @ 8pm and then again @ 10:20pm. Couldn’t settle so was given Temazepam @ 11:35pm. Fell asleep eventually.

Woke up next day at 7am, had 3 Temazepam in the “recovery room” ready for surgery which was scheduled for 8:30am. Passed out quite quickly, remember being woken up for a few seconds with the mask on my face being told to take deep breaths. I exaggerated slightly lol sucking in air like I was losing my life haha! But then I remember waking up briefly, asking if it had been done and then finding out it had, I asked for Marc. I was taken out of the recovery room and into my own room and as soon as I seen Marc I pointed with a grin and called him “gay” LOL! I don’t remember being woken up properly, only little scenes in-between.

I got out from surgery @ 12:40[ish]. Felt sore afterwards. Given another blood thinner injection @ 4pm. Given morphine every two hours by injection and Paracetamol for fever. Given anti-biotic by injection too.

Wednesday @ 4:10am woke with severe pain, given lots of morphine. Swollen stomach, painful sides and back. Painful breathing, all eased by morphine. Steroid drip given at 9am.

I wrote most of it down on my mobile phone in the notes memo bit. I stopped writing after the Wednesday morning but after that I started to get really active. I was off my feet completely Tuesday after surgery, I hardly remember it at all, don’t remember Marc’s mum visiting, don’t remember the phone call to my dad etc…

Surgeon visited me on Wednesday and said I was days ahead of recovery, he was quite impressed. I stopped taking morphine after the 4am incident and was given tramadol instead.

I had a catheter in, which was really uncomfortable. The worst bit of the entire thing [might be TMI but here goes…] the surgeon waited until I was well asleep before examining me, at my request I refused to do it while I was awake. Well, I’ve never been active in that area and so I was really sore down there cause it’s never seen daylight lolz. He obviously had to clamp me open, sorry, but you guys might need to know for when you have t done [excuse that bit ladies lol].

When they removed the catheter, the nurse was lovely, she didn’t look and done it really quickly but I felt like I had wee’d myself lolz…apparently that’s a normal feeling. I didn’t wee myself btw!

This morning they threatened me, that if I didn’t go to the toilet I would have another one fitted and I wouldn‘t get out for another day [which would then have to be the whole weekend!]…so I sat for like an hour squeezing out the most painful wee in the whole world…I was determined to get home. I missed my bed, my Marc and my teabags…so, yeah, I did all I could to get out! The surgeon saw me, I gave him a thank you card and he cuddled me, surprised to have a patient WANT the surgery lol.

And then I had to wait about for my medication. I might need anti-biotics cause of the catheter. That’s usual. I’ve got a swollen stomach, I look pregnant [dry boke! LoL] and I have four holes on my stomach. North, south, east and west PMSL!

I haven’t stopped smiling, I feel so confident and happy. Me and Marc had a little cry together. My dad called me to tell me how proud he was of me, and I even got a text message off my sister [I haven’t’ spoken to her in 3 years!].

Remember when I was in hospital a few weeks ago? Well they said it was very unlikely it was endometriosis? The surgeon found lesions inside my cervix and ovaries and he removed them while he was in, hence why the 3 hour op was increased by almost two more hours. He told me this when I was fully conscious and was angry I had been told differently, and wasn’t given proper testing [as we all know how serius it could lead to etc etc] never mind though, it’s all done and I’m sooooo happy!

I’m now on Paracetamol only, it’s not terribly sore! The worst bit was what I explained, I honestly don’t feel too bad!

The nurses all cheered when I was leaving and one said “you’re not a boy anymore Nicholas, you’re a man!” I was sooo chuffed!

Thank you to all those who wished me luck, you have all kept me going through my times of struggle and your words mean the world to me. Thank you all so very much, if I could cuddle you all I would but I’m a wee bit sore, mostly swollen right now lol, so I’m sending you all cyber hugs! thank you, thank you sooo damn much! Love you all!

P.s- I walk like a penguin haha!

P.s part 2- if any of this is TMI, please edit…and I apologise if it’s not suitable x
    [SIZE="3"]-Broken out of a window in hell-[/SIZE]

I am happy the surgery went well and you are home and recovering quickly. Make sure you have your sweetie wait on you hand and foot.

Excellent!

Good to have you back and feeling as well as you do Nico

Thanks Felix for updating us when Nico couldn't
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    Congratulations mate. Glad you're healing up well.
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

I'm so happy for you. Glad the doctor finally found those lesions and took care of them. Figure on a week or so before you can move half decent, and about 6 weeks before you're really good as new. Yay!

[SIZE=2]I'm so happy for you NiCo...and that all went well..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

I'm so glad it all went well Nic - your post made me grin along with you (especially the part where the nurses said you are not a boy any more but a man - I'd be happy if they told me that, too!) I had the ultrasound scan yesterday prior to my surgery - I hope mine goes as well as yours. Sounds like you are recovering nicely and have some good support around you mate, it's about time things started looking up
    [SIZE="3"]Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are. ~ Unknown[/SIZE]