Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressers... We talk or type to much.

Crossdressers... We talk or type to much.

We have all seen it. We all do it. We seem to love to talk or type way tooooo much girls. For people who well I say over 50% of us being in or some kind of closet... We shure have a lot to say. And some times I want to read and understand what the person is say but I can't cause it's like read a freaking graphic novel. lol Any one els have that problem or just me?
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 04-09-2010 at 01:52 AM.

[SIZE="4"]Just you girlfriend............Ha Ha I know what you mean....I also like them short and to the point. I can't believe I just said that!!!
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

Anything with more than 3 lines in it and I can't be *rsed to read it.
    I don't have the sort of attention span required!!

Quote Originally Posted by megan4605 View Post
    And some times I want to read and understand what the person is say but I can't cause it's like read a freaking graphic novel. lol Any one els have that problem or just me?
    It's what we do. A GG friend calls and you're expected to listen as she goes on and on about how it is going with her relationship, what he said to her, what she said to him, and you listen as she gives you every detail, 'cause she just needs to tell her best friend all about it.

You use your bluetooth or you develop a certain sort of bend in your neck because while she talks you go on with your chores, shopping for groceries or doing the laundry or whatever, and, when you call her, she'll do the same thing.

I probably spend about 2 hours a day on the phone like that, back and forth with several different GG friends, some local, some across the country. Sometimes we'll be in touch with each other three (or more) different times during the day.

Being a woman isn't mostly about the clothes, it isn't about things at all, it's about relationships, and woman-to-womanl relationships are built on listening.

Doesn't surprise me when CD's act like other women and talk and talk or write and write.
    Last edited by Persephone; 04-09-2010 at 01:38 AM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I agree and I admit I am one of those novelisticly prone types when I type. Surprisingly enough, in business and conversational settings, I keep it simple and focused.

Rambling (for lack of better description) is one of the side effects for Divergent thinkers like me.

Convergent thinking attempts to find a single, correct answer to a problem.(This is what most people do.)

Divergent Thinking: A cognitive process (a mode of critical thinking) in which a person generates many unique, creative responses to a single question or problem.
    It is like playing an endless game of chess in my mind. I am always calculating the next 5 moves that everything around me will make. When typing, it is easy to drift off typing while thinking about other things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You are a Very Young Pup around here. I'm sure some of The others will be expecting us to rip you to shreds, but we will try to avoid being really mean, it's counter-productive.

Ahem!!!! If you want to stick around, and learn to be an "Old Dog," here are some simple tips. You can pay attention, or ignore at your peril, it's your choice.

Don't be blasting people about how they write! We try and let everybody have their say, regardless of whether or not they can communicate clearly. If you think what people write is too long, then don't read it! If you have a short attention span, there are exercises and remedial courses that can help you. And, since you feel free to comment about others, you might try and use The Spell Check, and learn how to Edit your writing. You have quite a few dropped words and misspells in your message, it makes it hard for us to keep our attention on what your writing, when we have to "translate."

Last thing, I think Tamara was being kind to you when she edited out your profanity. DO NOT insert "F-Bombs" into your prose. This will get you in trouble, and if you can't find a substitute phrase, you shouldn't have written it in The First Place.

I hope you can take this in The Spirit of Constructive Criticism. I hope that you took The Time to read it! But, then again; it probably is too long-winded for you. Sorry that we probably lost you around sentence number three.

Peace and Love, Joanie
    Last edited by sterling12; 04-09-2010 at 02:21 AM.

Carbon-based Member eileendover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by megan4605 View Post
    For people who well I say over 50% of us being in or some kind of closet... We shure have a lot to say.
    You've answered your own question. For those of us in a closet, we have no one else to discuss things with, so we use this forum for that exact purpose.

I am guilty as charged But it is not like I can stand around the water cooler and talk about makeup and girly things like that.Like "HEY BOB DID YOU TRY THE NEW LIP GLOSS FROM REVLON" I think I will keep my long winded conversations here.Thanks

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar
    Simple to the point yes.......when typing

Talking well thats another story completely............waffle, I say till the cows come home, go out again, then died of old age! I blame the Irish in me why make a story short when you can walk round the Wrekin with it thats what I say and mostly I do go off tangent, can't help it these ideas keep popping into my head, none of them contacted of course that would be toooo simple having ideas contacted to each, mind you roads are contacted to each, I always thought that you use the road systems as a good example of the circulatory systems of the body, strange but do circles have a point............................................. ............... ;D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is to short so enjoy it to the full

:

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Today is a good day to Dress!

maybe you should join a support forum where the limit is 2 or 3 lines..

Yeah!!!!!! What Joanie said above. See, I can say what I want to say in less than three lines. Hope this helps!!

Suddenly I See
    what? where am i? i don't recognize this planet...
    I'd put together a well thought out response, but it would end up being more than a couple lines!

Hugs
    Kaylee

Are you suggesting that we like to talk a lot about ourselves and what we do, NO NO NO that would never happen here on this forum
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Unhappy

if they are too long then dont read them.but i happen to like reading what all my sisters have on their minds.its what the forum is for.
    just a florida girly girl...................................what in the world can make this brown eyed girl turn blue(roxette)

Well said Joanie!
    Dana Fleming

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by megan4605
    We seem to love to talk or type way tooooo much girls. For people who well I say over 50% of us being in or some kind of closet... We shure have a lot to say. And some times I want to read and understand what the person is say but I can't cause it's like read a freaking graphic novel. lol Any one els have that problem or just me?
    [SIZE="2"]Well, I can’t see you, so I can’t talk to you face to face – this place is a mountain of words created by discussion, in an attempt to communicate with other crossdressers. Some of us like to write, and some of us don’t. Some members don’t post at all, but I digress…

I don’t have a problem with long posts, if that’s what you’re getting at. Everyone has their own style, and I would be remiss if I didn’t say that the interesting discussion herein attracted me to the place – I just worried if I could make an equally meaningful contribution. We sure have a lot to say? If you’re in the closet physically, you can at least “get out” in this way (writing), and feel good for a short time. I remember a time when there were no discussion groups, after all. I’m surprised there is so much to talk about! I was on a forum for artists (since I am one), but I much prefer this place – you never know what to expect from day to day, and the members are very interesting…

BTW, did you know that Adolph Hitler was a gifted public speaker, but a mediocre writer? I think I’m going to write (and illustrate) a graphic novel called “The Adventures Of Freddy,” just for you…[/SIZE]

Gold Member
    Often the rambling ends up off on too many tangents. How much is said is not so much a problem as it going off-point too much.
    The longest ones are when some explain how it all got started. Crap like -

"So then when I was 10, I was on the football team and we had this one guy who's mom worked at the local hospital that got torn down around 1982, or was it 1983, yeah it was 1983 cause the same year the price of eggs had spiked and my dad was working at...."
    WHO CARES?!?!
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I am with the short and sweet crowd. But I prefer it with all forms of communication. On these forums, on the phone, and especially texting.
    (If ya wanna talk with someone who goes on and on call my mom.)
    I will read a short paragraph or two on here but when it gets to be a novel, then I get impatient. However, I am impatient by nature. If I am put on hold hang up after three minutes.
    But my teenage daughters are the worst. (there is 4 of them). They never call, always text. And when they text me they go on and on like my mom.
    Last edited by SexiBobbi; 04-09-2010 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Personal
    Don't get strung out by the way that I look
    Don't judge a book by its cover
    I'm not much of a man by the light of day
    But by night I'm one hell of a lover

I'm just a sweet transvestite from transexual transylvania

a bit nutty
    Guilty long posts. Too much say. Will keep short. Not want lose people interest. This better?

The world is too focused on keeping things brief anymore. Our blessed language is being shredded into silly little acronyms. LOL!
    How can someone write their life story in two sentences?
    I'm a long winded old gurl and cannot help myself. I just like hearing myself talk/type, ticketty, ticketty, tap, tap... mmmmm...utopia.

Ginger

Aspiring Member

Working the brain is a good thing...

It would, perhaps, be a real time saver if every question could be answered, "yes," or, "no."

But your question, for example, is more whine than question and anyone responding might do so because their thinking would be that you might have a sincere need for information that would be of use to you.

Sterling12's post, for example, is instructive and taken to heart might have you successfully suing any school you graduated from, if you did, for passing you through without fully educating you on the "reading and writing" part of "reading, writing, and, arithmetic."

But, it may be taken as a personal attack and be deleted by the moderator - if for no other reason than sterling12 takes you to task for your grammar and spelling. Which, by the forum rules, is not often allowed.

In this case, however, it might be allowed to stand because theirs is, in the long run, something that might be a positive set of suggestions for you to explore and apply.

And, that, my friend, is what this site is all about - in one way or another.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Maybe there is an opening here for a crossdresser twitter site. I won't go there, but I'm sure others would. Maybe it would read like this:

Out today, pink panty-bra set under cute top and floral skirt. Passion Pink nails. yay me!
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    I am also guilty of posts that are a bit longer (but just a bit! ) than two to three lines. Heck, sometimes I get that far just setting the post up!

Megan, as many have said, this place is an outlet for us. It is a place where we can say all those things we stored because there is no other outlet for many of us. Would I tell these things to my wife? No. She doesn't want to hear about my shopping trips. Of course, that could be said about many of the people on this board, as well. Still, there are those that appreciate all the little details. Those people are who I write my posts for - well, I also write them for me.

So, you can do one of two things; One, you can stop moving your lips when you read. You'll find you can read faster that way. Two, you can post your experiences here as well. Megan, we want to hear about not only what you did, but how it made you feel, how it changed you. We're your friends, talk to us!

Kathi

Hey, I know...Tamara could use the same method I used to clean up the cursing by the 25 techs in the service dept of a business I managed a while back....
    Everytime someone said a curse word, they had to put 50 cents in this big glass vase I purched on the service desk.

It worked, and we ended up with enough money to cover a volleyball bar party and the entire bar tab at the end of the year!

jus' kidn'...putting limits on posting length would make the forum something like a silent version of "Jeopardy". "I'll take 12 lines of typing for $200, Alex". hehe..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And they say that attention spans are getting shorter . . .

I'll agree that there are times when a little restraint is in order. Many of the regulars here have noted the folly of continually bombarding SOs with tales of crossdressing, especially right after coming out to them. At the same time, the reason so many of us make that mistake is that it is such a relief, and such a therapeutic experience, to be able to talk openly about ourselves and what we do. That's why forums like this are so important, especially for those who don't have anyone else to talk to. I don't expect everyone to read everything I write, but it's nice to know that someone is listening.

Personally, I find I'm more likely to read a long post than a short one. As often as not, it takes a bit of space to properly tell a good story or really communicate a thought-provoking idea.

Crystal

Thank you Iluuzion, I always enjoy reading through various posts on this site of any length, especially when they offer random insite like yours did. I am a divergent thinker... That is fantastic! I thought I was a "conversationalist," after an old boss came up with it as a description for my babbling mannerisms. But it could also be one of the traits of the girls inside us that seperate us from the world of men that we are stuck in...Or.... well, LOL.