Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressers... We talk or type to much.

I love brevity as much as the next, but sometimes being brief causes a thought or idea to be confusing or completely lost to me. You all just keep plunking on the keyborad and I'll decide how much effort I want to put into reading yoour posts. This is a great forum and I love the fact that it comes in so many flavors.

As you have seen, short posts can attract all kinds of responses, some short, some long, and a few critical to what you have written. I find myself sometimes writing more than I really care to write because I have seen short threads be totally misunderstood from the OP's original intent. That then leads to a lot of unnecessary bashing, where clearer writing, better sentence structure would help others to correctly understand. However, all that being said, misunderstood or critical posts tend to generate a lot of spirited, sometimes mean responses. Those can be some interesting threads, even if the original line of thought is totally lost!

Hi..

Theres two sides to this are you a male or a woman .
    im a woman with a male back ground . who could not string two lines together let alone express what i was trying to say on here the writen word, i thought over the last 3 years i was getting better seems not ,so, having dyslexia & not being able to learn i struggle with what im trying to say let alone spell & do grammar ,
    so there you have it & there are a few like this & they wont write & thats a pity ,

As a woman i speak as one so that comes out in what im trying to say . if you like ,long winded & thats a womans trait of not just say what you need to hear in 3 words , we take 50 words we think differently & we spend time to gether just talking , we may cover a lot of things so get used to us,
    & theres more i could say , i wont bore you as i could be here for a while longer .
    oh dear thats 12 lines thats not to bad ,,,,a,,,,,

...noeleena...

[SIZE="3"]Talk and chat ... isn't that what girls do best?
    As I always say, stick with your strengths!
    [/SIZE]
    I learned the laws of physics by watching Road Runner cartoons.

Do you have that, in a tall?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    "So then when I was 10, I was on the football team and we had this one guy who's mom worked at the local hospital that got torn down around 1982, or was it 1983, yeah it was 1983 cause the same year the price of eggs had spiked and my dad was working at...."
    WHO CARES?!?!
    hey stop quoting my posts!!!!! and you left out the part about the old lady that wore the green galoshes that always complained about those eggs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Alberta View Post
    And they say that attention spans are getting shorter . . .

I'll agree that there are times when a little restraint is in order. Many of the regulars here have noted the folly of continually bombarding SOs with tales of crossdressing, especially right after coming out to them. At the same time, the reason so many of us make that mistake is that it is such a relief, and such a therapeutic experience, to be able to talk openly about ourselves and what we do. That's why forums like this are so important, especially for those who don't have anyone else to talk to. I don't expect everyone to read everything I write, but it's nice to know that someone is listening.

Personally, I find I'm more likely to read a long post than a short one. As often as not, it takes a bit of space to properly tell a good story or really communicate a thought-provoking idea.

Crystal
    Crystal has eloquently expressed my feelings perfectly!
    Vivian

Wow as always some of you took very hard offence to my topic. I mean no harm. I do it my self. Some of you need to laugh at stop taking every thing so serious.

Have a drink relax gurls

I mean lets face it I would have read all the post, but some were just way to long. lmao
    Last edited by Pepper2783; 04-10-2010 at 01:05 PM.

It's the fem part of us coming out. Haven't you ever noticed when you get home from work and the wife asks how your day was. As a man you give a very simple answer. Ask her the same question and you can't get out of the room fast enough. Now that we have accepted our other side we tend to give more when asked a question and we offer more detail to our conversation. Congratulations you have all become women.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Abe Lincoln once said "A man's legs should be long enough to reach the ground". Any communication should be long or short enough to tell the tale and/or make the point. 'Nuff said.

I don’t mind reading long post, as long as the writer uses some punctuation and paragraphs.

Thepostthatarelongwithallofthesentencesjammedtoget herarehardtoread.
    Just like that sentence.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by megan4605 View Post
    We have all seen it. We all do it. We seem to love to talk or type way tooooo much girls.
    Too much by what standard? I like short posts if they get their point across, but when you are commenting, say, on what brought you to the point where you accepted yourself, then that can't be said in two single syllable words.

For people who well I say over 50% of us being in or some kind of closet... We shure have a lot to say.
    Those who are in the closet don't have many people to talk to, even some of us who aren't. Here we are generally sure of a friendly, tolerant reception.

And some times I want to read and understand what the person is say but I can't cause it's like read a freaking graphic novel. lol Any one els have that problem or just me?
    One of the great things about these forums is that you are free to choose what you do or don't want to read.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

hiya,
    you sound like a fun girl

LOL. It comes with the "turf" Megan. Use it or lose it, no?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I will read a long post if it is clear, with use of punctuation, and use of paragraphs. Occasionally, there will be a post that uses no capitals, no punctuation, no spacing and no paragraphs. These I do not read. I also skip past those posts that are written in the form of a text message.

Just me as a I have a great proplem processing something that is all run together.

Jodi

we all seem to have too much time on our hands.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    i like watching videos more than reading! hehe

but i do love long replies if it has meaning!

We have all seen it. We all do it. We seem to love to talk or type way tooooo much girls. For people who well I say over 50% of us being in or some kind of closet... We shure have a lot to say. And some times I want to read and understand what the person is say but I can't cause it's like read a freaking graphic novel. lol Any one els have that problem or just me?
    Tell me bout it. I can't help it, actually. When I wish to express something that has captivated my interest I can write and write and never stop. And it's not that I even have to try. Whatever I'm writing sort of writes itself, if that makes sense. It's some process that is self-organizing and in autopilot mode. I often don't even know what I'm going to say next, it just happens. Sometimes I find myself laughing at what I just wrote, as if I were looking in, reading someone elses work. I mean yea, I'm doing the typing and yea I'm piloting this body, so to say, but there's something about the thought process that's self governing I surmise. It speaks to the incredible anatomical miracle that is the human brain, I would say, not who happens to 'own it', if you don't mind my putting it in those terms - which yea, sounds kind of crazy, grant you that. IDK, maybe it's different for different individuals, as we've heard it oft said that no two people are alike, though i would challenge the legitimacy of such a statement, but...it probably has some validity in a general sense.

Now...about how so many of 'us' seem to be so very verbal. Yes. This is something I've noticed here as well. As though I am among kindred souls, at least as far as having perhaps a little too much propensity for verbal expression ( or typing, same diff). I've not always been this way although I have always loved words, can remember being fascinated with my 1st dictionary when a boy, and generally enthralled by the vast sea of words, most of which, of course, I am not familiar. I love using new words I might have recently heard and looked up to find their meaning if it wasn't gleaned by context. Though they are far and few between, the times when I do hear some word with which I am not familiar. For me the hardest thing isn't putting thoughts into words, as I say, that happens as if on its own. It's cleaning them up after they're written, doing grammatical corrections (there are many many things about grammar I just don't have a clue), and spelling corrections, though the latter is more the result of my being a horrible typist than not knowing the correct spelling.

It's a challenge for me to self-edit. Moreover, and something that has personal import if I am EVER to find attract and keep the woman of my dreams, I MUST learn to be the fc QUIET! GD IT! I think I've been tagged as gay or pre-gay (LOL) by a number of women I adore, but now have no interest in me. Grrrrrr. It's like swimming upstream, going against the grain, BUT....I mean...worth it! Know what I mean? Hell yea! In fact, I'd do ANY thing become ANY way to have and obtain THAT which I. SO. Desperately NEED! Damn straight! (LOL)

Ah but I digress... All I really wanted to point out is the fact that an area of the human brain, the planum temporale, has for a long time been linked to speech association and general linguistics ability. It is temporal lobe, cortical, bilateral, but asymmetrical where it is more highly represented in the left hemisphere, as one would expect by its symbolic functionality. But here's the thing (finally!): It is significantly more highly developed in adult females vs males, AND during fetal development, the neuroanatomy of this area starts much earlier in females compared to males. I don't know if there have been any formal studies but I would guess that in gay males, and in the non-gay transgendered (which I define as a high-level crossdresser i.e. one who feels femme a priori, independent of clothes) there is perhaps this same or similar level of development for this critical brain region, so that for these individuals there is an elaboration of its intrinsic neural network to an extent that far exceeds the norm vis a vis the typical male.

Now...extending this hypothesis...perhaps this is only one aspect of a more global patterning of female-like neuro-architecture that occurs in such males, which would result in a more pronounced feminine mystique wrt personality, character and behavior. If so, and if this could be determined by non-invasive functional brain mapping techniques, then one would know where one stood, others would too, the general public would understand, and social acceptance, indeed, celebration (i.e. Hallmark cards, TG/CD day) would ensue. Also, perhaps more importantly, there would be eliminated the general misunderstanding that is the source of so much misery. TG's wouldn't feel tormented and GG women wouldn't be slighted, surprised or devastated - knowing to avoid us or at least entering into relationships with their eyes open, not wide-shut, if you know what I mean.

There! Finis! Tee HEE! I not only answered your threads query but unintentionally provided an example of that to which it makes reference AND inadvertently saved the world to boot. So...where's my prize yeah?
    Last edited by Annaliese2010; 04-12-2010 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Drawer View Post
    Thank you Iluuzion, I always enjoy reading through various posts on this site of any length, especially when they offer random insite like yours did. I am a divergent thinker... That is fantastic! I thought I was a "conversationalist," after an old boss came up with it as a description for my babbling mannerisms. But it could also be one of the traits of the girls inside us that seperate us from the world of men that we are stuck in...Or.... well, LOL.
    Hiya SD,

If there is one thing that you can always count on from me, it is “random insight”.
    Matter of fact, my daughter and her friends all use the same word to describe me…”random”.

Just to clarify, or mystify (take your pick)…

Here is another option as a possible “cause”…
    Legorrhea-- uncontrollable, excessive talking (often seen in mania and schizophrenia)!

Divergent thinking is usually confirmed in the results of a battery of psychological tests that the psychological/psychiatric community is so fond of administering to “patients”.
    Back when I was around 18 yrs old, my psychiatrist summed up my tests as—

high I.Q percentile, advanced abstract reasoning skills, confirmed predictive/ divergent thought processing, and highly elevated sense of curiosity. I was also “tested” for having potential to be what is now called a “Truth Wizard”. (Innate ability to recognize lies). I was close, but no “cigar” on that one.

He also told me it was like having a "gift" for success in many areas. The “downside” was that it would be extremely difficult to form lasting intimate relationships, as few will stick around long enough to understand me, making me entertaining, but a “loner”.

He was right…go figure.

Perissologia
    …”It’s not just a job, it’s an adventure”.

Yakity, yak yak…lol

E
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by eluuzion View Post
    ...high I.Q percentile, advanced abstract reasoning skills, confirmed predictive/ divergent thought processing, highly elevated sense of curiosity.(...) a “Truth Wizard”. (Innate ability to recognize lies).
    (...) having a "gift" for success in many areas.
    Congratulations !
    I presume your psychologist found also you were exceedingly demure, furiously unpretientious, and especially proud at being so !! LOL !

Ok so again I read the post. Now some of you still don't get it. Some of you didn't even read the post. Talk about what ever, and some of you started talking about some thing els completely different way off topic.

Annaliese2010 You're prize is ice for the finger and hands. lol Gurl you must be tired as heck after that post. Some one needs a nap.

fish in the water

I also like to read ones with 2 or 3 lines and we do like to talk and type to much. I don't do it very often since i almost never dress up. Bankai !!!!!!!!
    Good bye i'm at wacko taco .com now

Aspiring Member

Answer number 2

**We have all seen it. We all do it. We seem to love to talk or type way tooooo much girls. For people who well I say over 50% of us being in or some kind of closet... We shure have a lot to say. And some times I want to read and understand what the person is say but I can't cause it's like read a freaking graphic novel. lol Any one els have that problem or just me?

Probably.

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I guess we are just like women! instead of talking we type too much

Eluuzion, the excessive talking disorder is logorrhoea.
    Legorrhoea is probably something like having too many legs (keeping 2 legs smooth is a big enough job, so I'm glad I don't have more).
    Anyway, with length of posts, it's quality, not quantity.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

I know I talk too much sometimes. My wife calls me a "Chatty Cathy" whenever I'm in guy mode or femme mode and especially when I have a few drinks.

Felicity
    "Its now official,my femme name is Felicity"

Have to drink to that.

"Proud To Be My Wife's Part Time Wife"