Thread: Crossdressers

Crossdressers

All girls and some
    Last edited by irenetancd; 05-04-2010 at 06:49 AM.

Ahhh...... no. Some guys yes, all girls no. The intention is different.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    Ahhh...... no. Some guys yes, all girls no. The intention is different.
    I would say it depends on your definition of crossdressing. It's pretty obvious from this site alone that there are many different "intentions" behind the reasons for us dressing be they sexual thrill, gender, comfort etc. but we all refer to ourselves as crossdressers.

If you define crossdresser as someone who wears the clothes of the opposite gender, which while broad is pretty accurate, then irene is spot on. My ex's have worn my t-shirts, i have female friends who wear mens jeans... hell how many times can a girl wear her bf's hoody or something when it's cold? But (to quote Sean Lock, a british comedian) if she comes home and i've 'slipped something on', we have to have a little chat!

Seriously though Eddie Izzard has said it few times, women have complete clothing rights and can wear whatever they like.

I would not agree. I think some guys, and some gg's are crossdressers (and isn't it fun!), but not all. Generalizations are really probalmatical for me. I think there is a wide range of people - in lots of ways - hetrosexual to homosexual, crossdressers to would never consider it.

Just my thoughts

Freddy

I too think it is a stretch to call women cross dressers simply because they do and can wear male clothes without anyone batting an eye. Like Kellycan27 said, the intention is different. It's acceptable fashion to women.

I believe it is in the mind of the dressers, I told my wife she is a crossdresser if I am because she wears my tshirts hoodie, ect.. thats ok according to her. BUT I am a freak of nature for wearing anything female. So it is acording to who you are if it is crossdressing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

I like to think of most clothing as gender-neutral these days, irrespective of what the label says. A lot of these gender-neutral clothes were originally men's styles, but that doesn't count for anything.

The advantage of thinking like this is that I can wear my made-for-men jeans and when I'm in the mood, look down at my legs and feet (it helps if my toenails are red at the time and my shoes are off) and still get that femme feeling. Or, for that matter, see them as perfectly male, if that's what I'm in the mood for.

One thing I've noticed - clothing is a lot more gender-neutral these days, at least in the UK, but footwear (except for very casual/sports footwear) isn't. If women are crossdressers they aren't crossshoers.
    Last edited by Sewing_Sophie; 04-17-2010 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Corrected a spelling mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Sewing_Sophie View Post
    One thing I've noticed - clothing is a lot more gender-neutral these days, at least in the UK, but footwear (except for very casual/sports footwear) isn't. If women are crossdressers they aren't crossshoers.

Hmmm i think i love that line Sophie! Crossshoer!

Last edited by Nigella; 04-17-2010 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Multi posting is not permitted/please read the rules http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=main_rules#faq_content
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

I think so.
    Angie

It's a provocative thought, but it has no meaning in the end.

Unless the person is wearing opposite sex clothes BECAUSE they are opposite sex clothes, you might as well be saying that people simply "wear clothes"

the because part is what makes crossdressing different..

We all know dont we that Cross dressing isn't just a case of wearing the opposite genders style of clothing. It is, as someone has already said, a state of mind.

I'd be the first one to admit that I prefer most of the time to wear trouser suits because they are more practical for work, but I dont wear mens trouser suits. Neither do I wear trousers with the intention of trying to emulate or pass as a man and neither do I feel masculine when I wear them. I dont put padding in my underwear to simulate a penis, and neither do I strap myself to look like I have a flat chest (dont really need to actually cause its not that big anyhow). I dont do anything with my face to make it look like I have a shadow, I dont wear Y fronts, or indeed boxer shorts. I dont wear after shave instead of perfume or brill cream instead of hair spray. Need I go on.
    I have in the past worn my husbands shirt if I'm in the garden, but I dont do it to look or feel masculine, I do it out of practicality.

If I were a female cross dresser I dont think It would worry me and I seriously do not think I'd try to excuse my dressing by pointing the finger at some guys who wear feminine clothing in a bid to excuse my chosen dress style. I dont want to sound negative here, but sometimes I think some of you try to make excuses for what you do instead of just enjoying it and accepting it for what it is and who you are.

I personally do not see any double standards. You only have to talk to some of the female CDs on here to realise that they too have at times suffered discrimination and difficulties, especially with their families and friends. I guess the advantage that they have over the Male CD especially in the public eye, is that alot of them can get away with looking like a very young man or a pretty man so unless you knew them personally youde probably not even turn your head and give them a second glance.

bev
    Last edited by Nigella; 04-17-2010 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Quoted post removed

Quote Originally Posted by irenetancd View Post
    All girls and some guys are crossdressers. It is either part time or full time. What do you think?

[Facebook]
    My first thought on this was "yeah kinda" but then on a deeper level it's "No". I'm a FAB and enjoy looking like a girl even with a ball cap, t-shirt and jeans.
    Good question though, it made me think. Now my brain hurts. lol

Katt
    [SIZE="3"] Life happens!! You can either jump on and ride or stay in your room. [/SIZE]

For the OP three words: BOY SHORT PANTIES!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn Michele View Post
    It's a provocative thought, but it has no meaning in the end.

Unless the person is wearing opposite sex clothes BECAUSE they are opposite sex clothes, you might as well be saying that people simply "wear clothes"

the because part is what makes crossdressing different..
    Aside from being cheeky (pun absolutely intended) about the panties Kaitlyn you raise a very interesting point. The classic woman who puts on a mans t-shirt or boxers meets the textbook cross dresser definition if you buy in to how "normally reserved for the opposite sex" those items really are. My wife at times while I was out to sea for months at a stretch would wear a shirt of mine that had some cologne on it when she really missed me. She wore it not because it was a mans shirt but because it was mine. It also opens the door to the possibility that a man can like a skirt or dress because it's a skirt rather than because it's a woman's skirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bev06 GG View Post

I'd be the first one to admit that I prefer most of the time to wear trouser suits because they are more practical for work, but I dont wear mens trouser suits. Neither do I wear trousers with the intention of trying to emulate or pass as a man and neither do I feel masculine when I wear them. I dont put padding in my underwear to simulate a penis, and neither do I strap myself to look like I have a flat chest (dont really need to actually cause its not that big anyhow). I dont do anything with my face to make it look like I have a shadow, I dont wear Y fronts, or indeed boxer shorts. I dont wear after shave instead of perfume or brill cream instead of hair spray. Need I go on.
    I have in the past worn my husbands shirt if I'm in the garden, but I dont do it to look or feel masculine, I do it out of practicality.

bev
    I cannot make many claims to practicality because 4" stiletto heels simply aren't but they aren't every day wear either. I differ a lot from most cross dressers in that I don't wear wigs or forms and I haven't found a feminine name that seems to fit like Jason does. I do like lipstick but other than some magnetic earring that's all the treatment my face gets beyond a daily shave. I would like to see the time when I can go into a store and see skirts or even dresses in the mens section at a mainstream garden variety store rather than ultra expensive foreign club wear stores. One of my favorite scents is vanilla fields. I went to numerous department stores asking if they had a comparable scent in the mens fragrances to no avail.

Being that you prefer trouser suits would you buy them form the mens section if they were not available to you in the womens? If the brill cream did a better job for your hair than the hairspray did would you switch? I would very much like to hear your thoughts on this.

Jason

As a final thought it occurred to me that women are not cross dressing. They are exercising a right to choose that they fought hard for and had to go through a period of suffering and casualties to get; pants or skirts being only a portion of the issues.
    Last edited by Jason+; 04-17-2010 at 09:03 AM.
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

I know a lot of nudists who would agree with something close to what the OP is saying. Clothes make the persona, not the person.
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

Wen,
    what is OP

I can see how you could reach that opinion but we all know dont we that Cross dressing isn't just a case of wearing the opposite genders style of clothing. It is, as someone has already said, a state of mind.
    Bev this is what I said in my post, at least what I meant. My state of mind is that I love everything female not just the clothes, but the makeup, the scent, the walk... I would love to be female but I know thats not gonna happen so I will do the best I can to emmulate all I can. In my post I used my wife as a referance because she is such an intolerant person. She asks me every night for one of my tshirts I ask if I can sleep in one of her gowns and all I hear is "gross, thats just sick" and that is just asking to share clothes not makeup parfume or anything else. I see the double standard (not that I like it) but maybe oneday society will accept, who knows?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

Wen,
    what is OP
    "original post/poster" the first post in a thread

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OP
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

Bev,

I don't make a very good Wen but OP is the Original Post or Poster.

Jason
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

Untitled
    I would advise anyone considering responding to this thread to read this rule before doing so.

If members continue to breach this rule, then it could result in warnings/infractions being issued.
    Last edited by Nigella; 04-17-2010 at 09:40 AM.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Staci,

You and I are in much the same place. My wife does not support my crossdressing, and when I hint about pink panties she ignores it or changes the subject. I'm not going to push things, but she IS OK with any male clothes that she wears. Go figure.

Perhaps some day things will be better - folks will be more understanding. Right now we have to fight too much of society's teachings - that start at a very young age.

Freddy

You cant label everybody who wears clothes from what people could consider the wrong gender for them as cross-dresser's, because you have to take into consideration the reasons why that individual does so, i know why i do, and i don't consider myself as a cross-dresser.

Lots of love Elizabeth XXX

You will often find me sleeping in

[SIZE="3"]The Ark Angel Inn[/SIZE] (traditional british pub)

Quote Originally Posted by Staci G View Post
    Bev this is what I said in my post, at least what I meant. My state of mind is that I love everything female not just the clothes, but the makeup, the scent, the walk... I would love to be female but I know thats not gonna happen so I will do the best I can to emmulate all I can. In my post I used my wife as a referance because she is such an intolerant person. She asks me every night for one of my tshirts I ask if I can sleep in one of her gowns and all I hear is "gross, thats just sick" and that is just asking to share clothes not makeup parfume or anything else. I see the double standard (not that I like it) but maybe oneday society will accept, who knows?
    Hi Staci...its not a double standard...you want to wear her clothes because you want to crossdress...she wants to wear you tshirt for no reason other than its big and comfortable..she isnt "into" wearing mens clothes..but you are into wearing women's clothes..

yes , there is a double standard around men acting and being feminine...but when you apply it crossdressing, what she is doing is different than what you are trying to do..

its a very subtle point, but I think its an important one as well. and its why i think making the point regarding the double standard doesnt get us more or less acceptance or understanding...

Silver Member
    There is no "double standard". Just re-read Bev's post. She lays it out just as it is.

It is the desire to emulate a woman that is getting you into trouble. When your wife wears your tshirt, she isn't trying to "pass". Far from it. As a matter of fact, she is repulsed by this thought. She just wants to be more comfortable at night. She COULD buy her own darn tshirt. You could suggest it. But why should she, when you have a supply right there in your drawer.

But when YOU wear women's clothes it's going far beyond trying to be comfy at night. You are emulating a woman. I'm sure if you could "pass", you would be ecstatic! There is a HUGE difference.

Look, if your wife were to come home one day and announce that she wanted to dress as a man, you would be repulsed too. Just think about it for a while. She says she wants to cut off her beautiful hair or wear a short wig, she wants to bind her beautiful breasts so she appears flat chested, she wants to wear a man's suit and tie, she wants to put a sock in her "titey-whities" to look like a male member, she wants to use makeup to get a beard shadow, she wants to wear padding to giver herself wider shoulders, she wants to get and wear a fake mustache, she wants to get lifts in her shoes to appear taller, she wants to talk in a low masculine voice, and NOW, she wants you to call her FRANK! Oh, and BTW she wants to go out in public like that. WITH YOU!!! And when you get back home, she wants you to make love to her as a man. Are you kidding? You're gonna be OK with all that? Give me a break! If you can give me an honest yes to all of that, then you can talk about a double standard.

OK, enough ranting. Sometimes I just get carried away.

Srephenie
    Last edited by Stephenie S; 04-17-2010 at 12:04 PM.

[SIZE=2]Bev,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]I agree 100% with what your saying & you make a great point about the differences, but I seriously doubt that many here will see through the fog to really get what your saying, even though it's clear as day...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]To answer the OP, I say NO, not ALL GG's are CDers just because some choose to wear a mans piece of clothing from time to time...because the intent & frame of mind IS totally different...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]As far as unisex clothing, that's a bunch of rubbish, The differences between a man & womans body should be obvious in case anyone has noticed, so the clothes NEED to be made differently to fit the normal proportions of the targeted sex their made for in order for them to fit properly...so it really doesn't make any sense to buy or wear clothes that one has to use padding to fill out in order for it to look good on them..and maybe some woman can wear mens jeans, but only if their very lean & lack a bum, but most will not be able to fit into them..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]But regardless, each to their own as far as what they want to wear, because I could care less what either sex wears, but the reason one wears this or that is completely different as far as what their frame of mind is while wearing the opposite genders clothing......[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

Irene, a GG who wears women's pants and who has no wish to present as a male is not CDing. It is archaic to believe that GGs should only wear dresses and skirts.
    Reine