Thread: Kicking Myself

Kicking Myself

Yesterday at a gas station I saw a woman with the most beautifull royal blue top and wanted tell her I loved the top and where she bought it. I didn't and am now kicking myself because I would love to get that top. How may of you girls have looked at what a woman was wearing and wanted to have that same outfit and were to afraid to ask about it?
    Cathy

I must say Cathy, I have been in that postion on several occasions.

typically with strangers...however, i have also been lucky enough to have girls in my inner circle wear some pretty things, that i have been able to capitalize on the whereabouts! needless to say... some serious shopping then ensued!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

I find myself there all the time and I walk straight up in a non threatening way nd ask them about it or I at least tell them how pretty thier shoes or dress is, I was at the Dr. yesterday and a lady walking by had on the most beautiful shoes, I told her I love your shoes they are very pretty, She was thrilled because she had just bought them the day before. So if you do ot right without them feeling threatened most GG's love a honest complement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

Just say it. However there are two ways to say the same thing,

1. Wow, you look hot in that dress.

2. Oooh that dress is soooo pretty.

or

1. Those shoes are sexy

2. Those are really cute shoes

Same compliment different way of delivering it.

Which is better?

Answer is quite obvious.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Been there Kathy.
    Angie

A smile and a compliment opens the door to so many nice conversations.

[SIZE="3"]Must be honest, I have had the same thoughts running through my mind but not ever had the bottle to ask[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"] Mandy xx[/SIZE] [SIZE="3"]Dont knock it, till youve tried it[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Qualified & Insured Waxing Therapist[/SIZE]

I guess it depends how you ask. I'd have no problems if a guy complimented my dress and asked me where I'd bought it and I'd take it as a compliment. However, some women can be really funny and if you told them they looked hot in something theyde think you were after them or making a pass.

I did have a guy ask me once where I'd got my jacket, he said his Wife would love one like it and it did make me wonder if that was really his motive, but them thats probably because I mix in CD circles. If I didn't maybe I'd have not read anything into it at all. I did take it as a compliment and I told him exactly where he could purchase one and he was delighted.
    bev

All the time. And you have to pick and choose your moments to comment. Otherwise your good intention could really scare the woman thinking you are a pervert or stalker.
    Michelle

I usually find that women are generally flattered if you comment on something that they are wearing. When I do make a comment I'm genuinely sincere and I'm sure that comes across.
    Then again I'm 5'3" and not terribly threatening. The compliment more often than not is received well and some women smile ear to ear.
    Odds are they havent received a "I like that dress,skirt,earrings on you" from their husbands or boyfriends in awhile anyway.
    Whats the worst thing that can happen???? You get ignored????
    I'll bet that won't happen.

Never with a stranger

[SIZE=2]The way I see it, if some stranger walked up to me & asked where I bought the clothes I was wearing, I would think of that as a Very weird & creepy question to be asked, and even more so if being asked by a guy.....[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]But I would not have problem telling or asking another female that I knew well ...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

I have often looked longingly at some well dressed lady or even a well dressed window dummy and think wouldn't that look good on me. But then reality sets in and it's a toss up as to whether I want to laugh or cry.

Vieja

Quote Originally Posted by Phyliss View Post
    Just say it. However there are two ways to say the same thing,

1. Wow, you look hot in that dress.

2. Oooh that dress is soooo pretty.

or

1. Those shoes are sexy

2. Those are really cute shoes

Same compliment different way of delivering it.

Which is better?

Answer is quite obvious.
    Im stuck, who knows the answers

Lots of love Elizabeth XXX

You will often find me sleeping in

[SIZE="3"]The Ark Angel Inn[/SIZE] (traditional british pub)

Silver Member
    Don't be such a wuss.

We LOVE compliments.

Just say, "Oh, that's a lovely top. Where did you get it?" I'll smile and tell you.

Don't you EVER say, "OMG, you look hot." I'll holler! Loud!

See the difference, Sarah?

Stephie

Years ago that was true for me. After kicking myself I am now much smarter and ask.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Been there before and no doubt will be again. Though I keep telling myself that "next time"...!

So how do you think she would have felt if you had asked? I suspect "good".

So maybe we should! next time

I never miss an opportunity to compliment somebody when I see something I like.

It does not require a "plan", or any thinking at all really. I just say it in a genuine way, smile and keep going. It makes everyone feel good. Plus it makes me feel good too, like I am "balancing out" some of those critical comments you typically hear all day from people with poor attitudes.

You know...I am doing something positive about MY environment. That's a "green" thing...right? lol

but I do not ask "where they got it" or make comments like "I would look good in that"...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It happens all the time but I just don't have the nerve to ask.I do like to compliment though in a nice way,You look hot is not a good thing to say.I saw a lady in Walmart last week and I could have sworn she was cd but did not want to embarrass her since she seemed so nervous anyway,so I just smiled at her and went on

Smile

at 5 ft 11in and 200+ pounds, a lot of the ladies just want to get past me with no problems.
    i have complimented in a nice way and they just act like i said nothing.

in the words of George Burns.(actor on mash) "it is nice to be nice to the nice"

:-(

It is wonderfull to find a place where there are so many who understand what I feel. I thank all of you for being here for help and advice.
    Cathy