Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Is there a part of you that would like to be female?

I would have to say that a big part of me wants to be female, or at least live full-time as one. I'm not so sure about SRS, but if I thought I could find a good paying or even decent paying job living as Alicia... I'd probably start living full-time (well as soon as I got electrolysis, shaving multiple times a day wouldn't work well for me, skin is too sensitive). I've finally come to grips with the fact that I will never 'pass' and am finally ok with that.

Yes no question about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

for sure....
    i actually love being 50/50 so to speak...to me the transition is equally half the fun and the sensation. To see it right in front of my own eyes with my own handiwork....to know i can go from blah to blazzling in a matter of 1-2 hours is a thrill

to know that i can explore a completely different perspective as a woman and to be treated as such gives a whole new dimension to life.....it make me appreciate the discovery and the exploration....what a high.

While i am probably closer to the androgynous side, i prefer to be fully femme when dressed and fully guy when not

here's a question i think is pertinent: are you your own soulmate?

i'd have to answer, mostly. yes. like many others who've responded, i feel comfortable with my feminine and masculine sides. my feminine side has blossomed over the years, and i let her shine more and more. i love that.

but, i've also learned about myself that i'd love to be a woman. of course, i couldn't ask to have a magic lightning bolt come down from the sky and strike me and take me directly there that would mean giving up my children. that i couldn't do. and i don't want to have to go through the pain of a transition though i very much admire those who are able to commit to that.

all that said, if i were to be reborn i would want to be a woman. definitely. or even if someone were to ask me which gender i would really prefer...which feels more natural for me... i would answer the feminine. i do love so much to be a girl.

i've just grown up and lived so long as a man and have so many manly traits i guess i'm just going to have to live with that. and as long as i can express my femme side as i do, i'm ok with that. really.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

Just part of my "being"?

I have a difficult time distinguishing between my "being" and the rest of me. Since it sounds like it is something other than a change in my physical appearance, I'd have to agree with Freddie on the compassion part. All the women I know well at all have this instinct of caring about everyone and particularly those who need it the most. I am oblivious to that most of the time and occasionally when I see it I could care less. It extends from little kids and old people to making sure Fluffy finds a new home on some Animal Planet show.

I've osted before the extensive list of changes to my appearance that would be needed for me to be seen by others a female and I won't bore you with that.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Another Day Another Dress
    Sometimes I have wondered what it would be like but I like being a male too
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"][SIZE="3"]Samantha[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE] Another Day Another Dress

Never. Being a female is a big job, probably bigger than being a male. What I honestly want is to be neither. Life would be different without sexual desire, without the hormones, without the confusion. I think it would be easier to focus on issues. I'm not saying life would be easier. Only that gender activities wouldn't require our time. We could dedicate it elsewhere.

Perhaps in the future there will be a pill that can make us genderless. There might be a segment of society that desires to live this way. There will always be people who want to have children, and follow conventional wisdom about family. Generally, education and quality of life lead to less population growth anyway. Robotics, cybernetics, are all coming at the time that gender identity is becoming more blurred. This is not a sign that things are coming to an end, but that things are instead approaching a phase change. We won't know what the exact changes are until we're on the other side.

But whatever the changes will be, they would probably shock us. Hundreds of years ago, when the church ruled, people used to be hanged for believing that the universe had many worlds and that the earth was not the central stage from which all things revolved. If people from that era were able to see our world, they'd either faint from disbelief, or they'd become even more extreme and vigilant about hanging anybody who defies what's holy. I believe that if we could see our own future, we would, in the same way, pull back in disgust. We'd probably resolve to make sure it does not happen. Similarly, when organisms on earth could not exist in an oxygen atmosphere, if they could have seen the oxygen-rich atmosphere of the future, they likely would have done everything within their power to prevent it. But had they done so and succeeded, we wouldn't be alive today. Perhaps time and space separate us from our future to benefit us?

In summary, I feel that you can kill an individual or a group of people, but you cannot control humanity. The spirit to thrive and survive and explore is just too strong. In whatever form we assume, it doesn't matter, we will live on. It's not our role, in this time and place, to judge our descendants hundreds of years in the future. They will be judged by their ability to survive, not by us. We're like grains of sand to the pace of time and space. We mean something only to the present.
    Last edited by gemsay32; 04-28-2010 at 07:30 AM.

Yes, I wish that I could have lived my life as a female instead. I think about it to some extent or another on a daily basis. For a myriad of reasons, I will not transition, and will instead remain male. But the longing never really goes away. I certainly would have preferred being a woman, though.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Quote Originally Posted by tamarav View Post
    I have to admit that I may have crossed some sort of invisible line between male and female some time back. I dress pretty much daily, work dressed, shop dressed and spend my weekends as a guy working on cars in the daylight and going out dressed at night.

I'm not confused at all but don't have any conception of male/female differentiation in my behaviors anymore. I am just me.
    Tami, with you, I might ask: Is there a part of your being that would like to be male? I think you answered that - the part that works on cars!

Sounds like you have that balance that many of us would like to attain.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Well Joni, I had missed this thread due to previous happenings but as per our recent conversation, I believe I've pretty much been there and done that. At this point I could choose to be either or but am concentrating on my guy side as I never really did that to such an intense degree before. What I have to admit is that for myself, despite what I do in one vein or the other, it can never again be just one or the other as all of my qualities overlap and complement one another and I think I was ultimately meant to do this. Where I go from here is anyone's guess but I play the hand I'm dealt.This keeps me busy and somewhat young at least and I never feel bogged down. When I see other folks my age who are not in the best of health or less fortunate, I consider myself very blessed indeed. Having good friends such as yourself helps as well of course.It's what we make of it really.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Denise Rhodes View Post
    .......It's what we make of it really.
    Absolutely!

I'm glad you feel free to search your life any way that feels right. Wonderful conversation we had!

Joni
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Platinum Member
    I would love to be a woman!

Yes there is a part of me that would love to be a woman fulltime.

If I were one i'd have to be a lesbian because i just love women so much i would not be with a man.
    Hugs and kisses Brenda

I think definitely there is a small part that would love to be a woman....however surgery is a no no and I just enjoy dressing and having feminine fun as I do

Yes! A big yes, Sometimes i wonder if I am really transgendered not just a crossdresser?
    Amanda

My answer would be yes. I find myself thinking about being a woman quite a lot. I would like to try living as a woman to see if this is who I really am. Fear right now is the thing holding me back from trying.
    Cathy

There is a very big part of my being that IS female, not that would Like to be female.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by girlygirl152 View Post
    Sometimes I have wondered what it would be like but I like being a male too
    I have also wonder about this since I was a kid. growing up I did not understand thing my male frinds/callsmats would do or say. Most recently, five years ago, when my wife stopped lovign and I asked why, she said: "becaouse I am tired of leaving with a lesbian." Then I realized that I coudl never now how is to be fully male or female. All I know is that I have considered myslf fully female since I can remember

Love and peace,

perlita

I go with a resounding yes. I too would pray to wake up female from an early age around 8 or 9. Well it never happened. I got older and stopped thinking about it as much-only a few times each day now In general though am working on being happy with who I am.

Part of me wants to yes, the upper torso part. How I would love to have a smooth feminine stomach and small A cups without having big broad shoulders. I would keep the rest though.

The more androgyonous I can look, the more I 'd flip-flop roles without anyone knowing.

I as a transgendered individual feel I should have been born
    A girl. That being said I started really feeling girly around my
    early teens. I love my femme side and wouldn't trade it. So yes
    I would love being a girl. Reality sucks. But I live with it.