Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inner child

Inner child

Being a late bloomer to my transness and not able to express my chosen gender identity in the past and blah blah blah, an interesting little thought occurred to me.

Why not reclaim my forsook boy childhood? Actually indulge it to a mild extent, you know? Now before you all think I've officially lost it, here's an example. My brothers always had Legos and K'nex. I always wanted some, wanted to build those kits, but I pretty much wasn't allowed. I saw this whole kit on Amazon and I'd actually go right ahead and buy it if I had $100 to toss. (But alas, I don't, which taints my whole theory.) But I think it'd be fun! A whole motorized amusement park you build yourself? How is that not epic?

Anybody else done this, doing this, or understands what the hell I'm getting at? (Non-FtMs are welcome to contribute.) I just think it's a cool idea. Or maybe I really have finally lost it...

P.S. And then I wonder why I don't have a girlfriend...

Doesn't matter WHAT age you are....you can still claim your unfulfilled boyhood in any way you want....I am still a large child....will always be one....others I know are just the same....In differing ways, most transsexual/transgendered people do that to make up for lost time.....and it's never too early or too late to do that....so go for it, I say!
    Ever The Opportunist

I did this i always wanted a remote control car my 4 brothers got one every christmas no matter how often i asked i dident get one!! so i decided i would buy myself one! i got it while on holiday and for the hole week i used to around campus like a child would do!! i didetn worry what others thought as i was away from my home town and having fun!

i am now thinking of getting myself some lego and a skateboard ! life is to short to worry am i too old for these things

Absolutely! Have fun with the building kits, I had a fantastic one when I was little, plastic (steel) girders that could build bridges or buildings, very realistic. Also I would reccomend model trains too!

How sad they didn't allow you to play with them.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Get your self some toy trucks and go out and play.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    You can find smaller sets you know. I play with legos all the time. They are great.
    Yes I do belive in a inner child and I try to please him when I can. My girlfriend even helps me when she sees I am stuck and need help. Toys are wonderful way to burn off feelings and energy.

Thanks everyone! I don't feel as "wrong" now.

Adam: A remote-control car on campus? Awesome!

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    Me and my boyfriend bought each other, among other things, Legos for Christmas. And then spent the next few days putting together sets and things. He's got an entire wardrobe full of Legos, and we pull them out sometimes and build all over the bedroom floor. So I say go for it.
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

when my kids were younger i treated them to this ..

46563309_09153be237.jpg

it was a treat for them for getting good school reports.... being the dad i had to build it.. the whole model stands just over 5' high and took me two days to build it... so i say go for it Ze.. its not only fun but theraputic as well..
    [CENTER] Be sure the brain is engaged, before putting the mouth into gear

[SIZE="3"]Sam and I Are Now Together[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Az, I'm soooo jealous. What model is that?

its the K'nex big ball factory... when it first came out cost me £100.. dont know what that translates to.. but you can use all the pieces to make a giant motorized ferris wheel... its about 15 year ago when i got it and lads still have it to this day....
    K'nex released another several years later at the same price but only half the pieces.. usual cutting cost... the later model was crap not as rigid as the connecting rods were longer thus making the model flimsy...
    [CENTER] Be sure the brain is engaged, before putting the mouth into gear

[SIZE="3"]Sam and I Are Now Together[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh la la! I'm keeping my eye on that one. There are some on eBay right now going for only $30 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Ze View Post
    Being a late bloomer to my transness and not able to express my chosen gender identity in the past and blah blah blah, an interesting little thought occurred to me.

Why not reclaim my forsook boy childhood? Actually indulge it to a mild extent, you know? Now before you all think I've officially lost it, here's an example. My brothers always had Legos and K'nex. I always wanted some, wanted to build those kits, but I pretty much wasn't allowed. I saw this whole kit on Amazon and I'd actually go right ahead and buy it if I had $100 to toss. (But alas, I don't, which taints my whole theory.) But I think it'd be fun! A whole motorized amusement park you build yourself? How is that not epic?

Anybody else done this, doing this, or understands what the hell I'm getting at? (Non-FtMs are welcome to contribute.) I just think it's a cool idea. Or maybe I really have finally lost it...

I say "go for it" We were robbed of our boy childhood, why not live it now!

Little Girl
    I know what you all mean, but I was one of those kids who was a "little adult." I enjoyed the boy stuff I had but I wish I was exposed to trying "girly" things, like catching butterflies, babydolls, etc. Oh well. I always had this nagging feeling something was wrong when I was a kid but I didn't know what it was.

Ze, also flea markets, garage sales. You can pick up entire kits for just a few bucks!

And .... I don't know if you foresee being a dad or an uncle one day, but I can't begin to describe how much fun I had over the years with Legos, K'nex, science kits, spy toys, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Star Wars action figures, remote-control cars, robots, & boats .... oh, and the Hot-Wheels racing sets ... can you tell I have 3 boys? Luckily I had an ex who was not into that kinda stuff. So the task of putting it all together on Christmas morning & birthdays was mine, all mine!
    Reine

Ronaldo Explosivo halfman_halfamazing's Avatar
    my childhood wasn't so bad actually..
    i had my brother who is 7 years older than I. We used to play sports together. I have this lovely picture of him tackling me when i was about 6 or so. I think we were closer cuz our sister is almost 2 years older than he is so she was all going through puberty and making friends so we rocked the house. I remember he built a model car and i stole it. A hot red one! I tied a string to it and pulled it around. We found it a while back and guess what? The strings still on it =D
    I had a collection of just so many plastic toys like action figures and animals and movie playsets. It was all kinda gender neutral. At the same time I did enjoy 'being a momma' i guess.. with a twist.. I did have dolls but what I cared most for was my stuffed elephant BooBoo. He had a stroller and a bed my grandma got from Mexico. OH!
    My brother and sister used to have these dolls called my child. I liked my brothers. It was a boy. He was my baby doll. LOL http://vickysmychild.tripod.com/us.html

And since I have Aspies I still like to buy toys when I can. The only thing is is that I dont always have money to spare on toys and there's no room to put them. Though i did just buy a Toy Story skateboard just to relearn =]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]~Ron is like, like...half man half amazing...no doubt ~
    it's okay Justin Bieber, I'm 21 and my voice is barely changing too.

Carbon-based Member eileendover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Ze, also flea markets, garage sales. You can pick up entire kits for just a few bucks!

After having hours and hours of fun with Lincoln Logs and Tinker Toys, I got a giant Lego set for Christmas one year.
    But my all-time favorite was my Erector Set. The possibilities were endless. I still have mine in its original steel box, very much like the one pictured below.

Another avenue for the mechanically-inclined are Rube Goldberg contraptions. Just search YouTube for "Rube Goldberg" - you'll be glued to your pc for hours!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mine was like Half said, only a step better. All my toys were boy toys, except for a couple barbies I got as gifts. Model cars and airplanes, hot wheels, swords. And I was always the dad, or a male movie character, or a soldier, or a werewolf (lol, got in trouble for that one at school) when playing.

That said, I still like most of those things now, even though I got to play with them as a kid. And while I don't spend any more money or time on those specific things, I just play with man versions. Putting together IKEA furniture, and doing little household fixes for my girlfriend, and fiddling with the insides of computers and video game consoles is really all just adult versions of building a model airplane imo.

Oh, and if you want to pick up something that can use imagination, and you can assemble/customize, AND play with other people too then check out Warhammer.

Ze... I know this is just agreeing with everyone, but if I could have a £1 (or even a dollar these days) for every time some girl has told me to grow up, I would be Bill Gates!

A friend of mine in his mid 50s now buys and sells trainsets and bits on ebay... he never gave up.

I wish I'd never got rid of my Scaletrix set!

Men are just boys with bigger (and usually more expensive) toys... indulge, enjoy, embrace the fellowship!

And by the way... guys like talking about this stuff too!

Kaz xx

Platinum Member
    lol you haven't lost it, i have lego's, model car kits, bike kits, plush toys, matchbox cars...all kinds of boys toys, and i'm sure i wont stop there....i didn't get the chance to have them as a youngster so i'm doing it now....

Quote Originally Posted by Ze
    umm Esther is just as bad as me, she has dolls

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    umm Esther is just as bad as me, she has dolls
    Can I borrow Esther?

My inner little girl manifests in my instant attraction to anything Pink! And stuffed animals on my bed. I may be alone but I won't be sleeping alone! They watch over me and my dreams. I try and embrace these things as more often as not I agonize over the life I should have lived if I hadn't been so afraid. Carol

Platinum Member
    Can I borrow Esther?

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    What? I can't pretend I have a girlfriend who wouldn't find me a freak? Oh wait...you never specifically said that...

Platinum Member
    What? I can't pretend I have a girlfriend who wouldn't find me a freak? Oh wait...you never specifically said that...
    Ze, you really need to go on a forum that is for FtMs and Femmes, thats how i got Esther ...thats if the present interest doesn't work out...i can give you links lol