Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inner child

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    Ze, you really need to go on a forum that is for FtMs and Femmes, thats how i got Esther ...thats if the present interest doesn't work out...i can give you links lol
    Kinda sorta tried that already...I don't think it's my bag. I always feel silly; like it's all in vain or something. But thanks.

Platinum Member
    oh and Esther said when you meet her she'll give you a big hug, hows that (and you can play with her dolls if you want to )

Yes on the hug, no on the dolls.

You never had Legos??? I think you need to go get yourself some. I like the really small kits becaise they have the highest Lego people to cost ratio. I have a thing for the little people and animals.
    Last edited by Andy66; 05-03-2010 at 12:46 PM.

as promised

Ze.. here are the pictures i promised you from my trip to Legoland Denmark... finally found them and scanned them this afternoon....

the first pic is from the top of the tower and if it was not for the people ...you would think you were higher up...

001.jpg 002.jpg
    003.jpg 004.jpg
    005.jpg
    [CENTER] Be sure the brain is engaged, before putting the mouth into gear

[SIZE="3"]Sam and I Are Now Together[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Legoland! I'm still jealous you got to go.

006.jpg 007.jpg
    009.jpg 008.jpg
    010.jpg

now that is playing with Lego..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh man...that reminds me of my goal to build a Lego Milhouse before I die.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ze
    Being a late bloomer to my transness and not able to express my chosen gender identity in the past and blah blah blah, an interesting little thought occurred to me. Why not reclaim my forsook boy childhood...
    [SIZE="2"]Speaking as a non-FtM (thanks for the invitation)…

When I was a young boy, back in prehistoric times, at Christmas, I got an Erector set with a little screwdriver and a miniature wrench – thereafter, I would spent all day putting little bolts into equally little holes, then securing them in place as I ERECTED something or other. Could it have been any more obvious? I also played with a set of Lincoln Logs – I think they (the parents) wanted us boys to get interested in constructing our future homes, settling down and raising a family, and doing manly stuff like cutting down trees, shingling a roof, and refusing to bathe for a week or two…

When I was younger than that, completely devoid of cash flow, my parents gave me some very small toy trucks to play with. I used to sit in a pile of sand, under a pear tree, and carve out a miniature highway system with my hands. I even fabricated tiny billboards out of paper and toothpicks, placing them here and there for emphasis. Good times, until a ripe pear fell on my head one day, causing me to lose my boyish proclivities. As a result I didn’t go into road-building or advertising…

When I was older I used to make models of all sorts, mainly military hardware (does that surprise anyone?), leading to my life as an artist, a profession where you can literally create your own world. Of course, I’d very much like to reclaim my lost GIRLhood, but that’s another story, for a different section of this forum… [/SIZE]
    Last edited by Frédérique; 04-24-2010 at 05:27 PM. Reason: I was frightened by a glaring error...

I had a rock and a stick was darn glad to have that too...and we boiled them afterward to make soup
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Ze View Post
    i built a lego Yosemite Sam once... not as good as the millhouse... mine was only in 2D... to make it i used a knitting patern taking each stitch as one bar on a lego brick..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That's actually a really good idea, Az!

Quote Originally Posted by Ze View Post
    this is stuff that college babes go crazy for
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Quote Originally Posted by Fab Karen View Post
    this is stuff that college babes go crazy for
    So I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Men are just boys with bigger (and usually more expensive) toys... indulge, enjoy, embrace the fellowship!

And by the way... guys like talking about this stuff too!

Kaz xx
    Ze, I totally agree with Kaz. Not only do guys love their toys, other than sports or sex it is totally what they talk about with other guys.

Whever I choose to play guy (uh, a role that comes kinda naturally to me) I talk with guys about RC cars, and all their other toys.

I get even though, I have a really nice Barbie® collection.

So indulge yourself! Maybe go for the big guy toys. Check out Tower Hobbies or, if you're really in the chips, check out Bellagio Motors

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Smile

[SIZE=4]At 47 i am still young at heart I play video games have a sports car and play dress-up and feel like I am in my 20ds still . I get wild at times listen to hard rock and flirt with the girls at work and the men on-line and even have had a few wonderful dates from both sides and I am still going strong I hope i never slow down.[/SIZE]
    Mistybtm

I'm another one here who'll probably never grow up (as I often like to think, "Maturity's overrated!"). Among the childish pleasures I still dabble in (or have only just recently discovered, in some cases) are:
    • Stuffed toys - as you may have guessed from my signature pic, I have quite a collection of these, the ones you can see in said picture only some of the ones I own. The two teddy bears originally belonged to a grandmother of mine, who passed away at 83 - I figured that if she wasn't too old to have them at that age, I'm not too old to have them myself now! The little panther cub sitting next to them, meanwhile, was originally going to be a Christmas present for someone. The intended recipient probably would've gotten it too if I hadn't left it lying around where I could see it for several weeks, then given it a name (Kabila, after a Congolese dictator!); the moment I did the latter thing, I knew there was no way it was going to be leaving my possession! Funnily enough, I'll often find myself making up silly little stories about the various members of my menagerie (I really can't help myself), and giving them their own personalities. I'll also start talking about them as if they're real, which has given various friends and acquaintances of mine some cause for consternation over the years!
    • Children's books - I've gotten up to Book 5 of the Harry Potter series, and also have an extensive collection of Fighting Fantasy Gamebooks, many of which I've obtained from second-hand bookstores. Just recently, I played one at the end of an otherwise stressful day, and found it an excellent means of escape - I couldn't believe how much just losing myself in the imaginary world in which it was set helped me forget my troubles.
    • Video games - 'Nuff said.
    • Bratz - Yes, tragically and scarily enough, I've found myself developing a real liking for these (apparently somewhat controversial) dolls over the last few years. I got a couple of Bratz calendars for 2009, and bought one for this year as well. Funnily enough, for this year's calendar, the aforementioned characters are drawn in such a grotesque fashion (with huge heads and equally oversized eyes), I figure they'd probably give most little girls (the intended market) nightmares!
    • Children's movies - For quite a few years now, I've had a real fondness for kids' flicks, in large part because I find that all the sex and violence of adult films gets a bit monotonous after a while. Also, now that my school years are well behind me, I no longer feel any need to "prove" myself to my peers by watching only movies filled with the aforementioned sex and violence (is the pressure to conform ever so great as it is during the supposedly carefree years of childhood, and "rebellious" years of adolescence?).

Re the OP, it's a bit rough you were never allowed to play with Lego when you were growing up. Still, as others have already said, there's no reason you shouldn't have fun with it now. I, too, have known a few grown men who enjoy mucking around with it; often, they'll "justify" doing so by using it to make electronic devices (presumably a more "adult" use for it).
    Last edited by Marshchild; 04-25-2010 at 09:39 AM.
    If you think I'm weird, you should meet some of my friends!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To see a bigger version of this picture, click here

"In need freedom is latent"

Ronaldo Explosivo halfman_halfamazing's Avatar
    LOL logan we have the same childhood.
    i always opted to be the brother when playing house but sometimes i was like 'no, you cant do that' so i was the dog... yuuup..
    i was also the male characters in movie and tv play too. either jason or billy when doing power rangers lol..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]~Ron is like, like...half man half amazing...no doubt ~
    it's okay Justin Bieber, I'm 21 and my voice is barely changing too.