Thread: Presentation ..... For F2M & M2F TS included please

Exclamation Presentation ..... For F2M & M2F TS included please

Just a few questions for all you ladies and gentlemen out there .......

Firstly you guys .... (F2M)

1) When you have/had to are/were present/ing as female was there a huge difference in the amount of clothing you have/had for each gender .......... like do/did you have more shirts than blouses, more trainers than heels etc

2) Are you happy with the colours and styles available to you now as guys ?

3) Do you take more care over your Male presentation than you do/did over your female presentation or is it about the same

For the Girls ... (M2F)

1) When you have/had to are/were present/ing as male as/was there a huge difference in the amount of clothing you have/had for each gender .......... like do/did you have more blouses than shirts, more heels than trainers etc

2) Are you happy with the clour and styles available to your in MALE mode (for CDers )
    and were you for those who now recognize themselves as TS were you happy with the colour and styles available

3)Do you take more care over your female presentation than you do/did over your male presentation or is it about the same

[SIZE="3"]Thanks to all who take answer [/SIZE]
    Last edited by Sheila; 04-21-2010 at 07:24 PM.
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Life is just beginning... Eve_WA's Avatar
    I now have WAY more female clothes than male! The only thing of 'his' in the closet is the suit. The rest is either given away, or relegated to 'dirty work'.

Even though I am not transitioning, I decided that I liked womens clothes better than guys. The colors, the fit, the cloth... all agreed with me more than what was available for men. So I started buying more androgynous womens clothes for him to wear, and the more frilly, sexy stuff for her. Aside from a few things that Ive not been able to afford to replace yet, I am mostly all in female attire.

Oh! and appearance, never really cared or took that great of a care of 'him' after puberty and the dating game... but with Eve... I have a counter full of lotions and potions designed to make her more attractive. He never had more than a few hair products, deodorant, and a hand moisturizer. So Yes! Way more care!!

Hope that answers your question...

Eve
    Last edited by Eve_WA; 04-20-2010 at 12:39 PM. Reason: forgot to answer about appearance Q#3

I'd like more...

...but it gets too expensive to have a complete wardrobe for my fem self when I can only dress up infrequently. I'd love to have one set each of jeans, leggings, denim skirt, black skirt, fem t-shirt (2 or three colors...), satin blouse (1 or 2 colors...), one or two dresses... and I could go on, but you catch my drift. (Did I mention SHOES!!!)

Am I happy with the selection? No, but only because it's so hard to find feminine clothing that truly fits. I'm a 6 in jeans, but a 16 in a blouse! It makes it hard to find the right one piece dress ! You've got to look hard at the cut and material before you buy, not just "oh god I love that dress..." and buy it. I've seen the web sites that advertise women's clothing sized to fit men and my observation is that many (but not all) of the styles actually accent the "non-female" proportions of the male body. So you have to be careful here too.

Am I fussier about my fem appearance than my drab? I'd say yes only because it just takes more work to present as female than male. Otherwise, not really. I have a job that requires I be presentable, and my wife would get really upset if I let my male presentation go the heck.
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    [B]J
    Firstly you guys ....

1) When you have/had to are/were present/ing as female was there a huge difference in the amount of clothing you have/had for each gender .......... like do/did you have more shirts than blouses, more trainers than heels etc

3) Do you take more care over your Male presentation than you do/did over your female presentation or is it about the same
    1)..No i have always been fairly gender neutral as far as clothing so i always wore what could be conceived as male clothing

2)..yup, love my blues and blacks

3)..oh far more care than i ever did presenting as female...my hair has to be immaculate, where as before i didn't care, i suppose cos i didn't care about her at all

2) Are you happy with the colour and styles available to you in Male mode for CDers
    and were you for those who now recognize themselves as TS were you happy with the colour and styles available

Shelia, I cannot honestly answer this question as I replaced 90% of my male clothing with women's several years before I even started my transition. I wore polo style tops and androgynous Ts, my pants were either ladies' jeans or dress pants. Shoes were about the only "male" thing I wore. And yes, I was properly under attired also.

3)Do you take more care over your female presentation than you do/did over your male presentation or is it about the same

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. I never cared what he looked like. Not to imply "he" dressed as a slob but his appearance wasn't a factor in much of anything. After I finally accepted who I am everything changed. I care about how I look now. I've lost 60# (with more still to go) and I take better care of myself, physically and in my appearance. So much more than I ever took care of "him".
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

For the Girls ...

1) When you have/had to are/were present/ing as male as/was there a huge difference in the amount of clothing you have/had for each gender .......... like do/did you have more blouses than shirts, more heels than trainers etc
    For most of my life I was only presenting as a guy and found my style quite early on. I wore mostly jeans and T'shirts [at one point I had about 30 T'shirts with differant logos on], also I always wore trainers for comfort. I did have a few smart clothes, but they were mainly for functions, etc.
    When my c/ding came along, i "pink fogged" it for quite a while buying pretty much everything I liked the look of, although now those quantitys have dropped off as I find styles I'm comfortable with.

2) Are you happy with the clour and styles available to you in Male mode for CDers
    When presenting in male mod I'm still quite happy with the jeans and T'shirts look I always wear.

Here's the killer...As a guy I'm very casual in my dressing, but I do tend towards being slobby.
    I take much more care presenting myself as "female" and always try to look nicely turned out, even when I'm dressing "female casual".
    Last edited by Deborah Jane; 04-20-2010 at 12:58 PM.

The former Melissa I Michelle I's Avatar
    Sheila:

1) There is a great difference in the amount of my girl clothing compaired to the boy stuff. Since my wife past away, I now have her closet with all my girl things, my boy closet is slowly getting smaller and smaller. I probably have 4 times as many girl things compaired to boy things. Before I lost my wife she commented one day that I had twice as much underthings as her, then she took some. I dont even want to talk about shoes- way too many cute shoes, 2 pair boys shoes.

2) I hate the things in male mode, hate to shop, hate to try on, hate it, hate it, hate it. Love to shop in girl mode.

3) Much more particular in female mode, hair must look right, must have the right shoes. Male presentation is the same, slob at times.

[SIZE=2]Back when I was presenting as both male & female as on a needed basis, I had about the same amount of male clothes as I did female clothes..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Last year I purged all my male clothes shortly after I took the step of living as a woman 24/7..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Except I did keep a couple of my old comfy flannel shirts, 1 dress shirt, and a pair of old sweat pants in case I needed them for whatever..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I always hated male clothes, just because they were just too BLA & bland for me...yuk..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]But always loved all the choices I have with female clothing, not to mention they just fit my body so much better....[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]I am slowly rebuilding my girl clothes because I'm currently down to a misses size 8-10..but still have lots of clothes from when I was much larger, and still need to find the time to get rid them since I can't wear them anymore & there just taking up space..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]As far as my presentation as a woman, I do my best & take care of myself, but that doesn't mean I always get all dolled up & wear tons of makeup everywhere I go all the time, just the same as any everyday woman lives out in the real world, but thankfully have still managed to blend in as a woman regardless without any problems as far as I'm aware of anyways..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Although I was just outed by my teacher in class at the college last Thursday, so now all my classmates know I was a guy...and will have to deal with all those repercussions when I go back to class tonight....and for the 1st time in over 6 months since I started school passing as a woman am very nervous about going in tonight...because I don't know what will happen and not looking forward to getting lots of stares coming my way from now on, knowing they now know about my birth gender....but hopefully they will still accept me as one of the girls again regardless..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

Hi Shiela intresting thread, what's it for? Anyway
    1) I've got far too much of both! She's winning with the most and shoes him
    4 pairs Her 20+ !
    2) I've always happy with selection available
    3)I take far more care of Her, He's just an aging hippy!

I really must have a spring clearout!
    Last edited by Amanda Stubbs; 04-20-2010 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Mis-spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda Stubbs View Post
    Hi Shiela intresting thread, what's it for? Anyway
    Just Debs and I did the getting Debs out of boxes and bags and things after our recent move yesterday, mainly cos she was returning, and as we did I noticed the few Male clothes he has compared to the amount Debs has, and that is after 4 pretty strong thinning outs we have done in the last 8 months, due to moves and lack of space with those.

And so we got talking ergo the thread
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Hello Sheila!
    For me the outfit is very important when presenting as a female. As such, the shoes, bag, and belt must all match. The shoes must have a heel and nylons or leggings are a must. As a guy, shorts, deck shoes and polo shirt are the main outfit. Being fashionable means that I don't wear checked shorts with a stripped shirt, two loud colors, or something with stains on it! The female clothes then have to be more plentiful and have greater selections.
    Charlie

I'd hate to move I've got cupboards and drawers that haven't seen the light of day for years!

It takes a great many more clothes and shoes (plus jewelry, makeup, etc.) to present as a woman vs a man. As a man I have no qualms about wearing the same shirt, pants
    and shoes two or more days in a row. As a woman, no way!
    Hugs, Carole

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I have to say ever since I first started Dressing every day like I do now My Clothing Situation has swapped over,When I was Married (1st time)my girl clothes fitted into one Black Bin bag hidden away in our Lock-up.

But these days My Drab clothes,with the exception of my Suit are chucked in a cupboard in my house,mostly T-shirts and Soccer jerseys,jeans and Trackies,oh yeah! and countless Xmas Presents from my dear Mother,jumpers I have to wear when I visit her .I didnt really bother about the colours,of guy clothes,it didn't really matter that much.

My Sophie Clothes are Lovingly Arranged in my bulging Closet and Drawers,and of course there's all that jewellery and make-up

I wouldn't say the Male me was a Slob,but guys dont usually need much effort,where as when Female we try more to Look as Nice and dress as good as we can
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Jean skirts 'n boots. RockerTerri's Avatar
    1) I of course had more men's clothes than women's at first, but that trend reversed itself within 2-3 months. Within 6 months or so, I made the decision to never go back; and havent. I still have a couple kinda androgenous T-shirts, that count?

2) Never gave it much thought, was pretty much just a male version of me now. Ive always been pretty femme though.

3) I take a lot more care now with regards to appearances. Guess I feel its actually worth doing, now that I can believe the face I see in the mirror is actually my face.
    I love this place.

For the Girls ...

definitely. I still present mostly as a male but the amount of clothes is probably 2 or 3 (female) to 1 (male).

2) Are you happy with the clour and styles available to your in MALE mode (for CDers )
    Never. Grey pin stripes all end up looking the same. Oh wow a different color tie. Aren't we lucky as males to have so many choices. NOT!

I care more how I look as a female than male anyday.
    Last edited by AKAMichelle; 04-21-2010 at 08:36 AM.
    Michelle

Firstly you guys ....

Because I was trying to conform to what I was expected to be, I had more girl clothes (or it appeared so because even though I always wore men's jeans, etc., no one could tell)

I always wore black, grey, blue, etc., anyway, so it hasn't changed much.

I took more care before because I literally had to "put that person on" and that was way more work than now because I can just relax and be Myself.
    Ever The Opportunist

I have 2 raCKS of gurl clothes. I think I have 2 or 3 pair of dockers for guy mode. My wife has 3 or 4 racks of clothes. She works in woman's queen size clothes. And when I get something from her, I know she spent a bunch on herself. But then we go to LB and Dot's to shop together. Shop till you drop ar the Credit Card is full....BJ

1) When you have/had to are/were present/ing as female was there a huge difference in the amount of clothing you have/had for each gender .......... like do/did you have more shirts than blouses, more trainers than heels etc:I have more female clothes than male I would say 3 to 1

2) Are you happy with the colours and styles available to you now as guys ?: Simply put no

3) Do you take more care over your Male presentation than you do/did over your female presentation or is it about the same :
    Yes very much so for example i do not bite my nails any more and i am trying to loose some weight.
    Last edited by Mistybtm; 04-20-2010 at 10:13 PM.
    Mistybtm

I just realized for the first time tonight I do have more clothes for Karin than I do for the male half. I have clothes for work, and a suit. Shoes are about even.
    I do spend more time "fussing" with my appearance, from "mud" masks to shaving my legs, and using lotions and things.
    A prisoner in a kings disguise - Styx

[B]For the Girls ...

I have about the same amount of pants as dresses (mostly jumper style) and the same amout of shirts as tops (many which I can wear in male mode), but I do have a lot more women's shoes than men's shoes (of course).

Oh, no. I do wish my male cloths had much more color than what's available. I do get as colorful male cloths as I can, ie bright green, yellow, blue, pink shirt/tops!

Obviously, I have to do a bit more to present as female (make-up etc), however I don't do a lot more. My hair is long now and I wear it the same in both modes (add a barrett maybe). The women's cloths I wear are not girly girly type. I try to present as the type of female that I know I would be if I were born female, more along the tomboyish type.

I try to make my female presentation, not an opposite of me in male mode, but a translation of me to female.

I don't think or act any differently, I just try to present as if I were the same me, but born with a female body. As smooth a transliteration as possible.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Yes my female wardrobe is a bit larger than my male wardrobe. I have around a dozen shirts, and around 50 blouses, 6 or 7 pairs of pants, and around 25 skirts 15 pair of Capri's, leggings, and feminine pants. Shoes 3 to 1 female.
    I do have more hats for my male wardrobe than my female one.
    As far as color in my male wardrobe, yes it is filled with Purple, Yellow, even pink, at least the shirts are, limited in color for pants.
    But then I have aways liked to dress, in either mode.
    Tina B.

[QUOTE=Sheila;2120537][B]Just a few questions for all you ladies and gentlemen out there .......

Firstly you guys ....

I'm currently crossdressing, so the correct verb is 'are' and I have a lot more male clothes than female. I love clothes, and am an incurable shopper, and spend much more time as a male than female presentation, so the result is inevitable.

My business clothes are mostly Wall Street/courtroom lawyer variety, expensive and conservative, and I love Oxxford, Polo and B2, and have been tempted by Armani on occasion. I like the topline suits, but there is a lot of cheap Chinese-made schlock out there which makes men look like 1960 era refugees from Romania. Sports clothes are pretty much Levis, turtlenecks, chambray button-downs, so when you're comfortable and looking good in a rut who worries about what else is available?

If I'm dressing for important buisness then I take a lot of care with my presentation, haircut, lint, shoeshine, tie/shirt/suit/shoe/belt matchups, and if I'm dressing for socializing as a woman I take a lot of care. I just like to look nice either way.

Banned Read only

Firstly you guys ....

Clothing is probably about 5:1, male to female
    Undergarments are about 2:1, female to male
    Shoes are about 12:1, male to female

I tend to buy more panties, bras and girdles these days so the female to male ratio has been rising.

Don't have a problem with styles, but I do with the lack of colors. To the point where I lamented the purchase of Lands' End by Sears. In turtlenecks, for example, Lands' End used to have a number of light and bright colors. Sears changed all that...

Hmmm, about the same I would guess but it feels like a lot more work on those rare occasions when I have dressed completely. That's probably just lack of experience and confidence...
    Last edited by flatlander_48; 04-21-2010 at 06:43 PM.