I read the Wikipedia definition. Couldn't make much of it. Anyone who wants to can write a definition in Wikipedia. It's not a very strong authority. Try going back to Blanchard himself. I think it's pretty clear.

Many men with GID don't really like being identified as homosexual. There are FAR more reasons to crossdress than to attract men or get off on the thought of being women.

Please remember that these are not MY theories. I want no part of autogynephilia. I am just trying to clear up what Blanchard was talking about when he formulated the theory and invented the term. Someone asked, What is "autogynephilia?" I thought Dr Lawrence's explanation was accurate. While it's true that it is a controversial subject, many, if not most, current authorities agree on the weakness of his research.

My personal opinion? I think he was, and is, all wet. His research group was pitifully small and the previous authorities that he relies on were unsophisticated about transexuality as we know it today. I suspect that he had an agenda, but I'm not really interested in his ideas or in this discussion. I was just trying to supply a definition that most could understand.

Stephie